We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byIsabela Robson
Modified about 1 year ago
Chapter 6 Lesson 2 By, Samantha K. Click on answers.
1. Everything you eat and drink is A. nutrition B. Weight control C. diet D. health
2. Which one is not the cycle of losing, regaining, losing and regaining weight? A. Weight cycling B. Monkey bar dieting C. See-saw dieting D. Yo-yo dieting
3. A disorder in which the irrational fear of becoming obese resulting in severe weight loss from self-induced starvation. A. Fasting B. Nervosa C. Bulimia D. Anorexia
4. A disorder in which cycles of overeating are followed by some form of purging or clearing of the digestive tract. A. Anorexia B. Bulimia C. The Flu D. Carbohydrate loading
5. Approach to weight control that are popular for a short time. A. Weight cycling B. Dieting C. Diet pills D. Fad diets
6. Avoiding food A. Fasting B. Liquid protein diets C. Diet pills D. Eating Disorders
7. What is not typical for someone with Anorexia? A. Low caloric intake B. Joy for life C. Obsession with exercising D. Emotional problems
8. Claim to “burn”, “block”, or “flush” fat from the system. A. Weight cycling B. Fad diets C. Diet pills D. Liquid protein diets
9. People suffering from eating disorders need A. Medical help B. Food C. Qualified counseling D. A & C
10. A person with anorexia does not have a physical problems related to A. Malnutrition B. Hepatitis C. Starvation D. Extreme weight loss
11. Anorexia means A. Without food B. Malnutrition C. Without appetite D. Starvation
12. Nervosa means A. Nausea B. Of nervous origin C. Chronic vomiting D. Diet pills
13. You should do any diet that A. Involves eating only one food B. Promises quick results C. Requires a weight loss aid D. None of the above
14. Vomiting and diarrhea can lead to A. Dehydration B. Kidney damage C. Irregular heat beat D. All of the above
15. Bulimia is not the desire to A. Become thin B. Be more attractive C. Be fat D. Be more physically perfect
The End If you would like to play again, click HERE.
Lesson 2 Do you… Fad Diets and Eating Disorders These weight-loss strategies are risky. Not only do they often fail to produce long-term results, but.
Lesson 2: Eating Disorders. Eating Disorder – An extreme and damaging eating behavior that can lead to sickness and even death. 24 million people.
Eating Disorders A brief, but enlightening, overview.
Evaluate Factors That Affect Fitness to Assess Daily Dietary and Wellness Needs. Objective Identify factors that affect fitness.
Myth Eating disorders affect only females. Fact Eating disorders affect females more than males, but males do develop eating disorders. Because of this.
Brittany Jones. I don’t think models should be skinny I think people should not be told what size they have to be to model I also think you should be.
Introduction This PowerPoint was created for a unit plan over nutrition. It is titled, Nutrition Review. It was developed for students at the high school.
Eating Disorders in Teenage Girls. Why individuals resort to eating disorders? A lot of people usually think that girls become anorexic because they are.
Nutrition and Fitness. Nutrition 100 Vocabulary True or FalseDietingExercise
Eating Disorders… A Hard Habit to Break!. What is Anorexia Nervosa? Anorexia nervosa, in the most simple terms, is self- starvation. Anorexics feel there.
© 2013 McGraw-Hill Higher Education. All rights reserved. CHAPTER NINE PGS MRS. WHEELER / MR. RATH Weight Management.
Unit 3 Nutrition: Take it Personally! Tonja Bolding Lakeside High School Revised frameworks 2008.
Preventing Negative Body Image and Eating Disorders We live in a society that is extremely pre-occupied by body image where we are bombarded everyday about.
Maintaining a Healthful Weight 7 th Grade Chapter 4 Lesson 4.
Body Composition Body Fatness The Facts About Body Fatness Body fatness is a part of health-related physical fitness. Body fatness refers to the percentage.
PERSONAL SURVIVAL WELLNESS UNIT REVIEW. 5 Health Related Components and definitions - Muscular Strength - Muscular Endurance - Cardiovascular Endurance.
Nutrition CHPT 13 Diet During Childhood & Adolescence.
1 PowerPoint ® to accompany Second Edition Ramutkowski Booth Pugh Thompson Whicker Copyright © The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. Permission required for.
Sports Nutrition Unit 8. Role of Diet if Athletics Maximize their performance Provide the necessary raw material to allow a good training program to build.
Lesson 1 Cardiovascular Diseases Why should you establish and maintain healthful habits to care for your heart?
Copyright © 2012 Pearson Education, Inc. 12 C H A P T E R Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health and In Depth.
Current Issues in Food: Dietary advice in the media By: Charlotte Harrison Suzannah Woodhead.
By : Payam Farahbakhsh Clinical Nutritionist. AN & BN Both are characterized by an overvalued fear of fatness that drives a set of disturbed behaviors,
Chapter 5 Review Nutritional Considerations Choose a category. You will be given the answer. You must give the correct question. Click to begin.
Water The forgotten nutrient. Water is an essential nutrient that must be replaced every day. You may be able to survive 8-10 weeks without food, without.
Welcome to the Healthiest Breakfast you have ever had!
Body Image & Eating Disorders All rights reserved, Marcie Wiseman, Ph.D. Clinical Psychology Associates of North Central Florida 2121 NW 40 th Terrace.
ECA Practice: Comprehension and Analysis of Nonfiction and Informational Test.
Are the best known results of alcohol abuse. Liver Cirrhosis is a disease that develops when liver cells are damaged and replaced with scar tissue. 5%
Involves the foods you eat and how your body uses those foods. The quality of the foods you eat will play a large role in how your body functions,
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.