We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byIsabela Robson
Modified over 2 years ago
Chapter 6 Lesson 2 By, Samantha K. Click on answers.
1. Everything you eat and drink is A. nutrition B. Weight control C. diet D. health
2. Which one is not the cycle of losing, regaining, losing and regaining weight? A. Weight cycling B. Monkey bar dieting C. See-saw dieting D. Yo-yo dieting
3. A disorder in which the irrational fear of becoming obese resulting in severe weight loss from self-induced starvation. A. Fasting B. Nervosa C. Bulimia D. Anorexia
4. A disorder in which cycles of overeating are followed by some form of purging or clearing of the digestive tract. A. Anorexia B. Bulimia C. The Flu D. Carbohydrate loading
5. Approach to weight control that are popular for a short time. A. Weight cycling B. Dieting C. Diet pills D. Fad diets
6. Avoiding food A. Fasting B. Liquid protein diets C. Diet pills D. Eating Disorders
7. What is not typical for someone with Anorexia? A. Low caloric intake B. Joy for life C. Obsession with exercising D. Emotional problems
8. Claim to “burn”, “block”, or “flush” fat from the system. A. Weight cycling B. Fad diets C. Diet pills D. Liquid protein diets
9. People suffering from eating disorders need A. Medical help B. Food C. Qualified counseling D. A & C
10. A person with anorexia does not have a physical problems related to A. Malnutrition B. Hepatitis C. Starvation D. Extreme weight loss
11. Anorexia means A. Without food B. Malnutrition C. Without appetite D. Starvation
12. Nervosa means A. Nausea B. Of nervous origin C. Chronic vomiting D. Diet pills
13. You should do any diet that A. Involves eating only one food B. Promises quick results C. Requires a weight loss aid D. None of the above
14. Vomiting and diarrhea can lead to A. Dehydration B. Kidney damage C. Irregular heat beat D. All of the above
15. Bulimia is not the desire to A. Become thin B. Be more attractive C. Be fat D. Be more physically perfect
The End If you would like to play again, click HERE.
Managing Your Weight. Calories Calories are a unit to measure energy; measures calories in food and the energy that your body burns How many calories.
Fad Diets and Eating Disorders Chapter Six Lesson Two Pages
Chapter 6 Managing Your Weight. Calories Calories are a unit to measure energy; measures calories in food and the energy that your body burns Their.
DIETING AND HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS. Target: I will be able to explain what a fad diet is and what is included in a smart weight loss plan Pg. 67 Fad Diets.
Fad Diets and Eating Disorders
1 Lesson 2 Body Image and Eating Disorders. 2 Your Body Image Body Image –The way you see your body During your teens years your body will change Some.
Chapter 6 Lesson 1 & 2. Objectives Describe various influences on our body image. Describe various influences on our body image. List health risks associated.
Chapter 11 Food and Health. Overweight Weighing more than 10% over the standard weight for height. “Weighing more than you should”
Eating Disorders Video. Eating Disorder- - An extreme, harmful eating behavior that can cause serious illness or even death.
Fad Diets and Eating Disorders. Are you familiar with promises like these? They promise quick and easy weight loss. What do they actually deliver?
O.A. Healthy Body Composition Write two paragraphs and answer the questions below: 1.In terms of body composition, what constitutes a healthy or fit body?
CHAPTER SIX LESSON TWO. FADS AND EATING DISORDERS Most diets that make outrageous claims regarding _________________________ Grapefruit diet Cabbage soup.
Poor body image may lead to unhealthful and harmful eating behaviors.
Body Image & Eating Disorders Objectives: SWBAT identify eating behaviors that are harmful to one’s health. SWBAT locate & seek resources that can help.
Some foods have more calories than others Amount of calories depend on the amount of carbohydrates, fat, and protein 1 gram of carb.= 4 calories.
Jennifer Kim Nicole Plummer Jakeisha Robinson Lisa Schrodt CHAPTER 6, Lesson 2- Glencoe Health: A Guide to Wellness.
Ch 6. Fad Diets- weight-loss plans that are popular for only a short period of time Liquid Diets- replaces all food intake with a special liquid formula.
Eating disorders are extreme and dangerous.. Liquid diets- liquid diet only, which can be extremely dangerous. Diet pills- claim they suppress your.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.