Presentation on theme: "Friends and Friendship Helen 2008.9.4. Should auld ( old ) acquaintance (friend) be forgot, And never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot,"— Presentation transcript:
Should auld ( old ) acquaintance (friend) be forgot, And never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, For the sake of auld lang (long) syne (shine) … ?
Can you describe one of your good friends to us? And tell us why you like to be with him/her. Her/His name is… She/he likes…and dislikes… Her/his dream/ambition is… We got to know each other…(where and when) Usually we … together I like to be with her/him because … (epals, pen pals)
To have a good friend, we need to be a good friend ． Are you good to your friend?
1. upset 2. ignore 3. calm … down 4. have got to 5. be concerned about 6. walk the dog 7. loose to become quiet after nervous activity to be worried about unhappy and worried to take no notice of have to do free, not tied up to take a dog for a walk Warming Up Match the word or expression with its meaning.
Work out your score: 1. A 1 B 3 C 2 2. A 1 B 2 C 3 3. A 1 B 2 C 3 4. A 3 B 2 C 1 5. A 0 B 6 C 0
13+ points: You are an excellent friend who knows that to be a good friend you need to balance your needs and your friend’s needs. Well done! 8-12 points: You are a good friend but you sometimes let your friendship become too important, or you fail to show enough concern for your friend’s needs and your own responsibilities. 4-7 points: You are not a good friend. You either neglect your friend’s needs or just do what he or she wants you to do. You should think about what a good friend needs to do. Results:
1. Add up your score and see how many points you get. add up 把 … 加起来 add up to + 数字 总计达到 … add to 增加，增添 add A to B 把 A 加到 B 中 Please these numbers. The cost 1000 dollars. His story our happiness.
2. Your friend can’t go until he/she finishes cleaning his/her bicycle. until ( till ) / not … until 一直到 … 才 I didn’t go to sleep until my mother came back. She waited until he came back. 一直到 11 点我才完成作业 I didn’t finish my homework until 11o’clock.
3. You had to pay to get it repaired. get sth. done=have sth. done 请别人做某事 ( 非亲自动手 ) get sb. to do sth = make sb. do sth = let sb. to do sth. = have sb do sth 让某人做某事 上周我去城里剪头发了 Last week I went to the town to get/have my hair cut.
4. Your friend went to school very upset. upset v. disturb 使 … 心烦意乱 adj. feeling disturbed 只做表语 坏天气使他心烦意乱。 The bad weather upset him. The bad weather made him upset.
5. Ignore the bell and go somewhere to calm your friend down. Ignore v. pay no attention to 忽视 Calm adj. quiet, not anxious 安静, 沉着 v. (make sb.) calm calm sb. down 使某人平静下来 Stay calm! 保持安静。
6. …you’ve got to go to class. have got to = have to
7…you are concerned about him/her … concern vt. 担心；关心 concerned adj. 担心的，关注的 A. be concerned about/for 为 … 担心 B. be concerned about/with 感兴趣，关注 The President 总统 is deeply concerned about the issue 事件. You were more concerned about how the girl had dressed than in what the speaker was saying. As far as I’m concerned 据我所知
8. While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car. walk the dog 遛狗 When, while, before, after 主语一致，省主 语 +be loose adj. not tight 松开的 Her brown hair was loose about her shoulder. 她的棕色长发披散在肩上。
9. You will take the dog to the vet and pay for the bill. Vet n. a doctor for animals 兽医 Pay sb the bill / money Pay for sth. / sb. 他付给那个男人 1000 美元买那台电脑 He paid that man 1000 dollars for that PC.
10. …asks you to help him/her cheat in the exam … cheat v. 作弊，骗取 cheat sb (out) of sth 骗了某人的某物 他们骗了那老妇人的钱。 They cheated the old woman (out) of her money.
1.Ex 1 on P3 2.Learn the phrases by heart, and prepare for the dictation. 3.Preview Reading on P2, and find out difficult sentences( 用 括号表示 ).