Presentation on theme: "Unit 7 Would you mind turning down the music? Section B."— Presentation transcript:
Unit 7 Would you mind turning down the music? Section B
3a Words and useful expressions annoy n. 使恼怒；使生气 cut in line 插队 get mad 生气 (=get angry) annoyed adj. 恼怒的 ; 生气的 get annoyed=get angry all the time 总是；一直 polite adj. 有礼貌的；客气的 wait in line 排队等候
What happened to them? When it happens, what would you do? What would you say?
Read and listen the article and answer the questions 1. What annoys the girl? 2. When this happens, what does she usually do? 3. What annoys the boy? 4. When this happens, what does he usually do?
I don’t like waiting in line when a shop assistant has a long telephone conversation. When that happens, I usually say, “Would you mind helping me?” And I don’t like it when shop assistants follow me around. Read the article. Underline the things that annoy people. Circle what people do when annoying things happen.
Then I say, “Could you please not follow me around? I’ll ask you if I need some help.” Usually the sales assistants say they are sorry, but sometimes they get mad. If that happens, I won’t go back to that store again.
I get annoyed when someone talks to me while I’m reading. This happens to me all the time in the school library. When it happens, I usually talk to the person because I want to be polite. But because I’m polite, people don’t know I’m annoyed. So they do the same thing again. Perhaps in the future I should try not to be so polite.
1. The girl doesn’t care if she waits in line. ( ) 2. When the shop assistant is having a long telephone conversation, she often waits. ( ) 3. She usually asks the shop assistant not to follow her around politely. ( ) Read it again and do True or False F F F
4. When the shop assistant gets mad, she will never go to that store again. ( ) 5. To the boy, it is usually happens that someone talks to him while he was reading in the library. ( ) 6. He usually refuses( 拒绝 ) to talk with the person ( ) 7. Perhaps in the future, he should try not to be so polite. ( ) T F T T
Read the passage, answer the following questions. 1.When a shop assistant has a long conversation, what does the writer usually say? _______________________________ ___ He says, “would you mind helping me?”
2. When a shop assistant follows me around, What does the writer say? __________________________ _________________ He says, “Could you please not follow me around?”
3. If the shop assistant get mad, what does the writer do? If that happens, __________________ _______________. 4. What does the writer do when someone talks to him while he is reading? Why? _________________________________ _________________ that store again. He usually talks to the person, because he wants to be polite. he won’t go back to
1. Your sister’s v____ sounds sweet. 2. My parents don’t a____ me to go out on school nights. 3. The boy is very p____ to the old. 4. Don’t drop l____ everywhere. 5. Excuse me, sir! Could you stop s______ the cigarette here? I. 请根据句意及首字母提示, 用适当的单 词完成下列句子。 oice llow olite itter moking
1. Would you mind _____ (give) me a smaller T-shirt? 2. His friend doesn’t know he is _______ (annoy). 3. The Greens must be excited _______ (move) into a new house. II. 请用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成 下列句子。 giving annoyed to move
4. It’s better to ____ (keep) your voice down in the library. 5. Could you please ____ (pick) up the pen on the ground? keep pick
1. 请不要到处跟着我。 (follow... around) ___________________________ 2. 每个人都应该排队等候。 (wait in line) __________________________ III. 请根据括号中的英文提示翻译下列 汉语句子。 Please don’t follow me around. Everyone should wait in line.
3. 你们知道去汽车站的路吗 ? (the way to) ________________________________ 4. 老师叫我们不要在街上玩。 (ask sb. not to do sth.) _________________________________ 5. 我们应该注意不要在公共场合大声说话。 (take care) ____________________ ______________________________ We should take care not to speak loudly in public places. Do you know the way to the bus stop? Teachers ask us not to play on the street.