Presentation on theme: "SPEED and STRENGTH SPEED and STRENGTH When speed of construction and strength of slab are your concerns, the KWIK SLAB system is your fast and strong."— Presentation transcript:
SPEED and STRENGTH SPEED and STRENGTH When speed of construction and strength of slab are your concerns, the KWIK SLAB system is your fast and strong answer. (Covered by U.S. Patent No. 7,134,805)
The KWIK SLAB system allows roadways to be installed in a matter of days versus weeks.
► NEW CONSTRUCTION ► EXTENSION OR REPAIR OF: ROADWAYS & HIGHWAYS BUS STOPS BRIDGE DECKS PARKING LOTS AIRFIELDS DOCKS KWIK SLAB APPLICATIONS
MR. ALFRED A YEE, structural engineer and inventor of the KWIK SLAB system. ● Inventor, NMB Splice Sleeve a mechanical coupler for precast construction. ● Member, National Academy of Engineering ● Titan, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
The KWIK SLAB with KWIK JOINT couplers rapidly interlocks precast concrete slabs for two-way rebar continuity throughout entire pavement slab. (Covered by U.S. Patent No. 7,134,805)
● Use cold planing equipment to excavate accurately and quickly. Subgrade is graded and compacted.
● KWIK SLABS are lifted into place, interlocked and leveled (with plastic shims, etc.).
PLASTIC SHIM LEVELING DETAIL PLAN VIEW ELEVATION VIEW FINISH PAVEMENT ELEVATION KWIK SLAB PLASTIC SHIMS (MULTIPLE LAYERS AS REQUIRED) PLASTIC SHIMS (MULTIPLE LAYERS AS REQUIRED)
● Ready-mix grout is pumped through holes in the slab and distributed through channels cast on the underside of the KWIK SLAB.
Grout channels on the underside of the KWIK SLAB create continuity in the grout bed and help develop full bearing of the slab on the subgrade. GROUT HOLES GROUT CHANNELS
● KWIK JOINT couplers and keyways are filled with high-strength grout.
● After installation, any surface irregularities or finishing of KWIK SLABS can be addressed with concrete coatings, asphalt overlays, grinding, etc. DURUS ® #30 GREY cementitious coating applied to create desired finish on KWIK SLAB.
EXISTING ASPHALT DURUS ® CRACK FILLER KWIK SLAB WITH DURUS ® #30 GREY COATING ● Joints between the asphalt and KWIK SLAB are filled with DURUS ® Crack Filler.
KWIK SLAB AND EXISTING CONCRETE PAVEMENT CONNECTION DETAIL
DETAILING MANHOLES IN NEW OR EXISTING KWIK SLABS MANHOLE REBARS IN KWIK SLAB 1)PRECAST, CORE OR SAWCUT HOLE FOR MANHOLE. 2) BEND UP REBARS; INSTALL MANHOLE; BEND DOWN REBARS; ADD NEW STEEL TO REINFORCE OPENING. 3) RE-POUR CONCRETE AROUND MANHOLE.
TEMPORARY TERMINATION IN ASPHALT PAVEMENT EXISTING PAVEMENT TO BE REPLACED AT NEXT CONTINUATION OF WORK KWIK SLABS GROUT KWIK JOINT WITH TEMPORARY PLASTIC COVER
● KWIK JOINTS allow FULL CONTINUITY in precast bridge girder flanges or deck slabs. ● Traditional concrete deck topping not required to achieve structural composite action. PRECAST BRIDGE DECK SLABS INTERLOCKED WITH KWIK JOINTS KWIK JOINT BRIDGE DECK TOP & BOTTOM REINFORCING STEEL (CONTINUED THRU KEYWAY BY KWIK JOINT COUPLERS) SHEAR KEY JOINT PRECAST GIRDER