Presentation on theme: "The Lake of Heaven Designed by xzc 2008.04.14. Monday."— Presentation transcript:
The Lake of Heaven Designed by xzc Monday
Please guess what place I’m going to travel this summer?
1.Here are some pictures about the place. Let’s enjoy them.
2. Look at these pictures and guess what place they show? springsummer autumn winter
Fast Reading 课文阅读 Read the text quickly and find out “How was Tianchi formed?” in the text. It has formed in the crater of a dead volcano on top of the Changbaishan. 2. Find out the main idea of each paragraph. Paragraph1: The introduction of___________ Changbaishan Paragraph2: The introduction of_______ Tianchi Paragraph3: __________ about Tianchi. A story Paragraph4: Drop a_____ into TianChi to________________________. coin guarantee your love
Careful Reading 课文阅读 Read the first paragraph and answer the following questions. 1) Where is Changbaishan? 2) How important is Changbaishan ? 3) How high is Changbaishan ? 4) What kinds of rare animals are there in Changbaishan ? 5) Why do people come to Changbaishan ? 6) What’s the most popular attraction of Changbaishan ?
1) Where is Changbaishan ? Changbaishan is in Jilin Province, Northeast China. 2) How important is Changbaishan ? Changbaishan is China’s largest nature reserve and is kept in its natural state for the people of China and visitors from all over the world to enjoy. 3) How high is Changbaishan ? The height of Changbaishan varies from 700 metres above sea level to over 2000 metres. 4) What kind of rare animals are there in Changbaishan ? Cranes, black bears, leopards and Siberian tigers.
5) Why do people come to Changbaishan ? Many people come to Changbaishan to study the unique plants and animals. Others come to walk in the mountains, to see the spectacular waterfalls or to bathe in the hot water pools. 6) What’s the most popular attraction of Changbaishan ? Tianchi, or Lake of Heaven
2. Read the second paragraph and answer the following questions. 1) How high and how deep is Tianchi? 2) What kind of sights can you see in Tianchi? Tianchi is 2,194 metres above sea level and more than 200 metres deep. You can see the sight of the crystal clear waters of the Lake of Heaven and the view of the other sixteen mountain peaks that surround Tianchi.
3. Read the third paragraph and fill in the blanks with some persons or animals to complete the chart. bathing flew dropped swallowed gave birth to fruit pregnant father ？ who Three young women from heaven ？ ？ ？ ？ A bird The Manchu people The youngest girl A handsome boy
4. Read the fourth paragraph and answer the question: Drop a coin into the clear, blue water to guarantee your love will be as deep and lasting as the lake itself. ⑴. What should you do if you go to Tianchi with your loved one?
Consolidation( 课文巩固 ): Tell the statements are true or false: 1.Changbaishan is the second largest nature reserve in China. 2.The peak of Changbaishan can reach as high as 2,000 meters. F T
3. You can see a lot of black bears, leopards or cranes in Changbaishan. 4. In the winter the surface of Tianchi is covered with ice. 5. The ancestors of the Manchu people were believed to be good at language and persuasion. F T F rare 稀少 The earlist ancestor of was
Using language( 语言运用 ) Writing( 写作 ): Write a passage about Changbaishan. 约 100 字，文段 包含以下所有要点。 地理位 置 Jilin Province, Northeast China 地位 China’s largest nature reserve 海拔高 度 varies from 700 m to 2,000 m 稀有动 物 cranes, black bears, leopards and Siberian tigers 游客为 何而来 to study the plants and animals ; walk in the mountains; see the waterfalls ; bathe in the hot water pools 最吸引 人之处 Tianchi, the Lake of Heaven 总结句
1.Changbaishan is in Jilin Province, Northeast China. 2.It is China’s largest nature reserve and is kept in its natural state for people to enjoy. 3.The height of the land varies from 700metres above sea level to more than 2000 metres. 4.In this place, we can see some rare animals such as cranes, black bears, leopards and Siberian tigers. 5. Some visitors come here to study these unique animals and plants and others come to see the mountains, the spectacular waterfalls or to bathe in the hot pools. 6. But the most attractive place is the Lake of Heaven, it is the most popular place for people to visit. 总结句 7.How beautiful they are! 把句子连接起来就是一篇短文，共 110 字。
Match the words to their meanings: 1.vary from...to 2.unique 3.bathe 4.diversity 5.swallowed 6.guarantee 7.spectacular 8.heaven A. being the only one of its kind B. of many kinds C. send food down to your stomach D. to make sure to do sth. E. the home of God F. to wash your body with water G. attracting people’s attention H. cause to become different A B C D E F G H crystal peak persuasion crane leopard Siberian 水晶 山顶 信服；说服 仙鹤 豹 西伯利亚的