Presentation on theme: "3 rd grade Social Studies All Domains. 1. How would a bank robber who is caught and found guilty probably be punished? A. He would be whipped. B. He would."— Presentation transcript:
1. How would a bank robber who is caught and found guilty probably be punished? A. He would be whipped. B. He would serve time in jail. C. The judge would fine him $20. D. The judge would make him leave the United States
2. American citizens have both rights and responsibilities. Which statement is TRUE? A. Checking out a library book is a right. B. A right is earned. C. A right is guaranteed by law. D. Taking a field trip is a right.
3. Who is the elected leader of the city government? A. governor B. mayor C. president D. legislator
4. Which BEST explains why we have laws in a community? A. to protect people's rights B. to give people what they want C. to stop people from stealing D. to help people feel safe in their neighborhood
5. What would most likely happen if you were caught cheating on a test at school? A. The teacher would call the police. B. The teacher would give you an A. C. The teacher would call your parents. D. The teacher would give you extra free time.
6. David wants to know why so many people are moving to his town. Which question would be MOST useful to ask? A. When was the town first settled? B. Where do most people buy their food? C. What businesses are hiring new workers? D. Where are the schools?
7. Mr. Bell's students are looking in their social studies books for the definition of a geography term. In what part of the book will they MOST LIKELY find it? A. index B. glossary C. appendix D. table of contents
8. Which of the following statements about Georgia is an opinion? A. Atlanta is the capital of Georgia. B. Georgia is one of the fifty United States. C. Savannah is the best city to visit in Georgia. D. Georgia is located in the southeastern United States
9. Which city in the southern half of Georgia has the largest population? A. Albany B. Hinesville C. Valdosta D. Savannah
10. Which statement about food is a fact? A. People need to eat to live. B. Everyone should eat an apple a day. C. Everyone will love the chocolate chip cookies. D. Peanut butter sandwiches are better than turkey sandwiches
11. Which of the following was an important resource to the Creeks and Cherokees of Georgia? A. sand to make glass B. ice to make shelters C. cotton to make clothing D. wood to make canoes
12. Which Native Americans were forced to move westward on the Trail of Tears? A. Hopi B. Seminole C. Navajo D. Cherokee
13. Mario is getting ready to go to school. What should he do last? A. Get out of bed. B. Brush his teeth. C. Get dressed. D. Catch the school bus.
14. The Creeks and Yamacraws did not wear much clothing except for the winter, when they wore deerskin cloaks. This was because A. they did not know how to sew. B. cloth had not been invented yet. C. they were not allowed to wear clothes. D. the climate was warm enough they did not need many clothes.
15. Why did the Cherokee tribes move from Georgia to Oklahoma? A. They thought life in the West would be easier. B. They had used all of the natural resources in their area. C. They were forced to leave by the United States government. D. They heard rivers and land were more plentiful farther west.
16. What happens when many people want to buy a product but there is not enough of it? A. The price goes up. B. More people buy the product. C. The price goes down. D. Fewer people want the product.
17. Because it did not rain very much in the Southeast, the peanut crop was destroyed. Which of the following would PROBABLY happen next? A. The price of peanut butter would go up. B. More peanuts would be harvested. C. The price of peanut butter would go down. D. More people would eat peanut butter.
18. When a new toy comes out, it is often very expensive. A year later, the price of the toy often goes down a lot. Why? A. The toys are harder to sell. B. There are not as many toys left to sell. C. The toy is the same. D. The toy is different.
19. Last summer it was so dry that corn could not grow well. Since there will be less corn to sell, what will probably happen? A. The price will increase. B. Stores will not sell any corn. C. The price will decrease. D. Stores will lose lots of money
20. If the price of peaches goes up at the grocery store, what will shoppers MOST LIKELY do? A. buy all the peaches the store has B. buy oranges and bananas instead C. buy more peaches than other kinds of fruit D. buy canned peaches
21. Which two continents are located completely north of the equator? A. Africa and Asia B. North America and South America C. Europe and Africa D. Europe and North America
22. Which of the following is MOST LIKELY to be a natural feature? A. City Hall B. Columbus Park C. Computer Museum D. Quincy Market
23. How is a political map different from other maps? A. It shows amounts of rainfall in an area for the year. B. It shows farmland where corn can be grown. C. It shows the elevation of mountains surrounding a city. D. It shows boundaries between countries, states, and cities.
24. Bruce and his family moved from Sydney, Australia. Bruce described Sydney as having lots of people, many buildings and several different stores and restaurants. Sydney is A. an urban community. B. a rural community. C. a suburban community. D. a farming community.
25. Ed wants to live near some stores and have neighbors. He also wants to be able to shop in a nearby city. Which type of community does he want to live in? A. urban B. coastal community C. suburban D. farm community
Answer Key 1. B) He would serve time in jail. 2. C) A right is guaranteed by law. 3. B) mayor 4. A) to protect people's rights 5. C) The teacher would call your parents. 6. C) What businesses are hiring new workers? 7. B) glossary 8. C) Savannah is the best city to visit in Georgia. 9. D) Savannah 10. A) People need to eat to live. 11. D) wood to make canoes 12. D) Cherokee 13. D) Catch the school bus. 14. D) the climate was warm enough they did not need many clothes. 15. C) They were forced to leave by the United States government. 16. A) The price goes up. 17. A) The price of peanut butter would go up. 18. A) The toys are harder to sell. 19. A) The price will increase. 20. B) buy oranges and bananas instead
Answer Key 21. D) Europe and North America 22. B) Columbus Park 23. D) It shows boundaries between countries, states, and cities. 24. A) an urban community. 25. C) suburban