Presentation on theme: "Test Questions- Review"— Presentation transcript:
1Test Questions- Review A runner is out if she passes an obstructed preceding runnerTrue or False
21. False2. Metal cleats are permitted and must be round or rectangular.True or False
32. False3. A coach who calls time, goes out to speak with F6 and then replaces F1, is charged with a defensive conference.True or False
43. False4. A batter-runner who reaches first base safely and then overruns or overslides the base may always return to that base without liability to be put out.True or False
54. False5. To utilize a courtesy runner in the top of the first inning, the pitcher and catcher are identified as those players listed in the lineup as playing those positions; both must occupy those positions in the bottom of the first inning until the first batter has completed her turn at bat.True or False
65. False6. A delayed dead-ball situation occurs when the umpire interferes with the catcher who is attempting to throw a non-batted ball.True or False
76. True7. The softball field includes an elevated cement step in front of each dugout. B1 hits a foul fly caught by F3 such that her right foot is on the ground completely in live-ball territory and her left foot is on the elevated cement step with half the foot on the step and the other half over live-ball territory but completely off the ground. What is the result of the play?
8A. Foul ball; the ball is dead; B1 remains at bat. B. B1 is out on a good catch by F3; the ball is live and in play.C. B1 is out on a good catch by F3; the ball is dead.D. Foul ball; the ball is live and in play; B1 remains at bat.E. None of the above.
97. A - Foul ball; the ball is dead; B1 remains at bat. All of the following are true regarding the catcher´s box, EXCEPT:A. The catcher´s box is a rectangle.B. The catcher must be in the catcher´s box from the time the pitcher steps on the pitcher´s plate until she releases the pitch.C. The catcher´s box is 8 feet, 5 inches wide.D. The catcher´s box is 10 feet deep.E. The catcher´s box includes the area directly behind home plate, between the batter´s boxes.
108. E. The catcher´s box includes the area directly behind home plate, between the batter´s boxes. 9. A runner´s base path is always defined as a direct line between two bases and three feet on either side of that line.True or False
119. False10. In establishing the validity of a catch, the fielder must only hold the ball long enough to prove she has control.True or False
1210. False11. Hard and unyielding items (guards, casts, braces, splints, etc.) must be padded with:One-inch-thick padding.A closed-cell, slow-recovery foam.Athletic tape.A gauze pad.A rubberized material.
1311. B- A closed-cell, slow-recovery foam. 12. Unadorned devices, such as bobby pins, barrettes and hair clips may be worn to control a player´s hair provided they do not exceed one inchTrue or False
1412. False13. All of the following will result in a team warning to the head coach for submitting an inaccurate lineup card, EXCEPT:Changing a player´s number.Changing a player´s name.Adding a player.Adding a substitute.Changing a player´s position.
1513. E - Changing a player´s position 14. F1 and F6 may switch defensive positions any number of times in the same half-inning.True or False
1614. False15. A player not listed as an eligible substitute on the lineup card shall be prohibited from playing.True or False
1715. False 16. Batting out of order can be a live- or dead-ball appeal. True or False
1816. False17. One base is awarded to a base runner when a defender fakes a tag.True or False
1917. False18. It is obstruction if an errant throw pulls F3, without the ball, into the path of the batter-runner, and impedes her progressTrue or False
2018. TrueThe runner is out and the ball is dead immediately in all of the following, EXCEPT:When the runner intentionally interferes with a fielder or thrown ball.When the runner interferes with a fielder attempting to make an initial play on a fair batted ball.When the runner interferes with a fielder attempting to throw the ball.When a runner physically assists another runner.When the runner intentionally contacts a fair ball that an infielder has missed.
2119. D- When a runner physically assists another runner The ball becomes dead in all of the following situations, EXCEPT:The batter enters the batter´s box with an illegal bat.There is interference by a runner or retired runner.An infielder intentionally drops a fair fly ball with first base occupied and less than two outs.An illegal pitch is delivered.The batter-runner steps backward toward home plate to avoid being tagged out.
2220. D - An illegal pitch is delivered 21. Bats made entirely of wood are permitted and need not bear the ASA certification mark.True or False
2321. TrueAll of the following result in an illegal pitch being declared, EXCEPT:The catcher being outside the lines of the catcher´s box when the pitch is released.The pitcher deliberately dropping, rolling or bouncing the ball while in the pitching position in order to prevent the batter from striking it.The pitcher exceeding the 20-second timeframe to release the pitch.The pitcher making more than 1 1/2 clockwise revolutions of the arm in the windmill motion.The pitcher stepping completely outside the 24-inch plate when delivering the pitch.
2422. C - The pitcher exceeding the 20-second timeframe to release the pitch 23. If a courtesy runner fails to report, she is considered an illegal substituteTrue or False
2523. FalseAn intentional base on balls may be requested by the defensive coach or catcher to award the batter first base without any pitches being thrown.True or False
2624. False25. R1 is on first base; B2 is at bat with an 0-2 count and no outs. B2 swings at a third strike that is dropped by the catcher. B2 runs toward first base. As R1 is diving back to first base, B2 is hit in the back with F2´s throw to first base and the ball goes out of play. What is the result of the play?B2 is declared out for interference; R1 remains at first base.B2 is awarded second base; R1 is awarded third base.B2 is declared out for interference; R1 is awarded second base.B2 has struck out; R1 remains at first base.B2 has struck out and is charged with interference; R1 is declared out.
2725. E- B2 has struck out and is charged with interference; R1 is declared out. FinishGood Luck!!!!