Presentation on theme: "Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL)"— Presentation transcript:
1Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) A Brief Profile of MKCLByVivek SawantManaging DirectorMaharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL)
2IntroductionMKCL is a Public Limited Company established in August 20, 2001 by theDepartment of Higher and Technical Education,Government of Maharashtra and11 Universities in MaharashtraBusiness Operations commenced on April 01, 2002
3Introduction Seven years of self-sustaining,wealth-creating andever growing operationsBecame a well-known brand in India for innovations in eLearning and its deployment for millions of studentsDemonstrated replicability elsewhere in India and abroad
4MKCL’s VisionTo develop learning, governance and empowerment systems which areworld-class andvalue-basedand which are responsive to theindividual andsocialdevelopment needs of the people.
5MissionTo offer life-long learning, governance and empowerment services through appropriate partnershipsto a very large and diverse population - Biggerwith high quality - Betterat affordable cost - Cheaperat fast pace - Fasterwith widest accessibility - Widerwith mass personalization - Deeperas they are critical for survival, development and empowerment of individuals, communities and nations.
6MKCL’s Unique Identity It has a transformative agenda with focus oneLearning, eGovernance and eEmpowermentIt is a fast-track IT-Enabler forEducational Institutions, Governments and CommunitiesIt is a blended learning, governance and empowerment initiative leveraging High-tech with High-touchIt helps millions of people in bridging the Digital Divide and resultant Knowledge DivideIt catalyses participation of masses in emerging knowledge society through promotion of life-long learning.
7MKCL Offices in India Registered Office in Mumbai Development and Operations Center in PuneCentral Stores at Tathawade, PuneCenter for Educational Programs at New MumbaiCenter for Educational eGovernance in PuneCenter for eGovernance Business Development at CST, MumbaiCenter for eGovernance Technology Development at Bandra, MumbaiCenter for Community Development & eEmpowerment in PuneState Lead Center Offices at New Delhi, Dehradun, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Bhopal, Raipur, Hyderabad and Bangalore
8MKCL Subsidiary and Joint Ventures SubsidiariesMKCL International FZE, UAE – 100%Joint Ventures AbroadKnowledge Grid LLC, Oman – 50%MKCL Arabia LLC, Saudi Arabia- 50%Joint Ventures in IndiaRajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited, Jaipur- 30%
9Board of Directors: Chairman and Vice-Chairman Hon’ble Shri. Rajesh TopeNominee Director of Govt. of MaharashtraHon’ble Shri. Suresh Shetty
10Board of Directors: Members Padmashree Dr. Vijay P. Bhatkar, Chairman, ETH Research LabsProfessor Ram Takwale, Ex-Vice Chancellor,Indira Gandhi National Open University,Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University,University of Pune andEx-Chairman National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)Professor Ashok Kolaskar, Ex-Vice Chancellor, University of PuneMr. Avinash Patil, Member- Governing Board Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)
11Board of Directors: Members Mr. J.S. Saharia, Nominee Director of Govt. of MaharashtraDr. K. G. Patil, Vice-Chancellor, North Maharashtra UniversityMr. Vivek Sawant, Managing DirectorMr. Umesh Nagda, Director Finance
12Equity Profile Authorized Capital: Rs. 20.00 Crores Subscribed Capital: Rs CroresShareholders:Govt. of Maharashtra : Rs Crores, 37.13%Universities : Rs Crores, 33.91%Educational Institutions: Rs Crores, 0.26%Others: Rs Crores, 28.70%Industries and organizationsTeachers and StudentsDirectors and Employees
14Dividends, Bonus and Rights Dividend Yield in first year of operation: 15%1:1 Bonus Shares declared in second yearDividend Yield in second year of operation on post-bonus equity: 15%Dividend Yield in third year of operation: 20%4:1 Bonus Shares declared in third yearRights Allotment in fourth year ofDividend Yield in fourth year of operation: 20%Dividend Yield in fifth year of operation: 40%Dividend Yield in sixth year of operation: 20%
15MKCL’s Main Programs Enabling Programs Educational Programs Educational eGovernance ProgramseGovernance ProgramsCommunity Development & eEmpowerment ProgramsInternational Business Development Programs
161. MKCL’s Enabling Programs 1.1 Corporate Management Program1.2 Infrastructure Development Program1.3 IT Infrastructure Development Program1.4 Software Technology Development Program1.5 eLearning and eContent Development Program1.6 Channel Partner Network Management Program1.7 Business Development Program
172. MKCL’s Educational Programs 2.1 IT Literacy and Functionality Program 2.2 MKCL Finishing Schools Development Program 2.3 World-Class Academy for Vocational Excellence (WAVE) 2.4 Edutainment and Infotainment Program
183. MKCL’s Educational eGovernance Programs 3.1 Digital Frameworks for Educational Institutions - Digital University™ - Digital College™ - Digital Directorate, Digital Parent Body - Employment Assistance Services to Youth (EASY) 3.2 OASIS- Online Application Solutions & Integrated Services - Online Admissions - Online Recruitments
194. MKCL’s eGovernance Programs 4.1 General e-Governance Program - Generalized Governmental Workflow Framework - eTendering Framework; - eJudiciary Framework
205. MKCL’s Community Development & eEmpowerment Programs 5.1 Talent Nurturance Program-Digital Schools, Nurturance of Excellence and Talent (NET),Prayog Parivar Kendra (PPK), Open Education Resources (OER) …5.2 Life Long Learning (L3) Communities ProgramBachelor of eEducation, Nirman …5.3 Watershed Development Program5.4 Rurban (Rural + Urban) Eco-friendlyKnowledge-based Habitat Development Program
216. MKCL’s International Business Development Programs 6.1 Preparatory Year IT Skills Program for King Saud University, Riyadh, and Tabuk University in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 6.2 eLearning, Educational eGovernance and eGovernance Frameworks and Services Expansion in other countries
22MKCL’s Human Resources 200 Member Team forLeadership and ManagementSoftware Development, Testing, Quality AssuranceIT Enabled Services DeploymentContent Development and DeliveryNetworkingBusiness Development and OperationsBusiness Promotion and Brand Building
23MKCL’s Statewide Network 5000+ Authorized Learning Centers (ALCs) with balanced statewide coverage in 35 districts of Maharashtra inMetropolitanUrbanSemi-urbanRuralTribal and Hillyareas of the state
24MKCL’s Statewide Network 10 Regional Lead Centers (RLCs)42 District Level Local Lead Centers (LLCs)350 Tehsil Level Lead Centers (TLCs)1000+ Supervised On-line Examination Centers5000+ Authorized Learning Centers (ALCs)15,000+ Certified Teachers, Counselors, Coordinators and Systems Administrators ….4.5 Million+ Registered Learners in last 7 years2 Million+ Beneficiaries of Online Services
25MKCL’s Statewide IT Infrastructure 25,000+ Internet and Multimedia ready PIV Personal Computers with windows Vista and Office 2007 and other application software and LAN based LMS supported content with rich voice over
26MKCL’s Statewide eBusiness Platform 5000+ LANs at all ALCs equipped withSOLAR: Web-based Framework for business coordination of the Network of Channel PartnersERA: Learning and Content Management SystemOnline Evaluation & Instant eCertification SystemContent Distribution FrameworkDistributed Classrooms FrameworkWORM: IT Infra Asset Monitoring Framework
27Special Features of MKCL’s Network It is a meta-network of networks of resources viz. infrastructural, human, intellectual and developmental.It is a Techno-social Interventure of several small commercial and social IT driven ventures.
28Special Features of MKCL’s Network It is a large-scale networked Laboratory and Collaboratory for the community for testing and deploying innovative ICT systems, services, tools and technologies.It is a single largest Private-Public-Community Partnership (PPCP) network of the small and medium IT entrepreneurs and enterprises in India
29Thank you! For further information and assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org +91 98220 52914