21. What is Ponyboy doing when he gets jumped? Walking home from the movie theater by himself
32. Who are the socs? Who are the greasers? Socs- short for “socials”, west side rich kids, upper class, wealthyGreasers- below middle class, above hoods, poor, east side
43. How do Ponyboy's relationships with Darry and Sodapop differ? Loves Sodapop more than anyone in the world- believes he can understand everything- Soda always defends Pony to DarryThinks that Darry doesn’t want him around- and thinks of Ponyboy as just another mouth to feed.
54. Why is the 'gang' important to Johnny? Because he doesn’t have a decent family- dad beats him, mom ignores him unless she’s screaming at him-- the boys in the gang are the only family he knows
65. What does Sodapop tell Ponyboy about Darry 5. What does Sodapop tell Ponyboy about Darry? How does Ponyboy react to that information? **There was a typo on this question- it’s fixed now. My B.Tells Pony that Darry loves him and is proud of him- but protects him because he’s the babyPonyboy doesn’t believe him- has a sarcastic response to Soda telling him that
76. Do you think Darry loves Ponyboy 6. Do you think Darry loves Ponyboy? Why does he treat Ponyboy the way he does?Your opinion- I personally think yes- but it’s your callI think Darry is just protecting Pony- from the trouble he could get in- and Darry sees that Pony is so smart that he could be really successful someday
87. What does Ponyboy mean on page 18 when he says, "I lie to myself all the time"? Why does he lie to himself?Lies to himself to protect his own heart- doesn’t want to be hurt by Darry so he pretends that he doesn’t care