Presentation on theme: "Are plant and animal cells the same or different?."— Presentation transcript:
Are plant and animal cells the same or different?
Most living things can be divided into two. Do you know what they are?
plants and animals
Then, are plant cells and animal cells the same or different? Do you think apple cells are different from frog cells?
To answer this question, look at these two pictures. Left is a picture of a plant cell and right is of an animal cell. Can you tell any differences?
They are very much alike, but… … plant cells have two more parts, cell wall and chloroplasts, in addition to all the seven cells parts in animal cells.
Things to Remember!!! Both plant cells and animal cells have 7 cell parts: cell membrane, cytoplasm, mitochondria, vacuoles, nucleus, nuclear membrane, and chromosomes. In addition to the 7 parts, plant cells have 2 more parts: cell wall and chloroplasts.
Practice Number your paper 1 – 15.
1. Plant and animal cells have some similarities as well as differences. What is one thing that plant and animal cells have in common? A. cell wall B. chlorophyll C. nucleus D. chloroplasts
2. Which part is number 3? A. chloroplast B. cytoplasm C. cell wall D. nucleus
3. This is a man’s hand. Does it contain cells?
4. Is this a plant or animal cell?
5. Which cell part is used for storage? A. vacuole B. nucleus C. cell membrane D. mitochronia
6. The __________ of a cell is like a leader directing and telling the different parts of the cell what to do. A. chloroplast B. cytoplasm C. cell wall D. nucleus
7. Which of the following is in a plant cell but NOT an animal cell? A. chloroplasts B. a nucleus C. cytoplasm D. a cell membrane
8. Which part is number 3? A. chloroplast B. cell membrane C. cell wall D. vacuole
9. This cell part surrounds and protects the nucleus. It also controls the movement of materials into and out of the nucleus. It is _____. A. chloroplasts B. a nucleus membrane C. cytoplasm D. a cell membrane
10. This cell has only 7 parts: cell membrane, cytoplasm, mitochondria, vacuoles, nucleus, nuclear membrane, and chromosomes. Is this an animal cell or a plant cell?
11. This cell part is the watery, gel-like area where other cell parts move around. It is ____________. A. chloroplasts B. cytoplasm C. cell membrane D. cell wall
12. This cell part stores food, water, and chemicals. It is a ____________. A. chloroplast B. vacuole C. cell membrane D. cell wall
13. Does this toaster have cells?
14. Which cell shows the cell membrane in blue? a. b.
15. Which of the following plant cell parts gives the plant support and is not part of animal cells? A. chloroplasts B. cytoplasm C. cell membrane D. cell wall