Presentation on theme: "Unit 3 Language in use. Journey to space Module 3."— Presentation transcript:
Unit 3 Language in use. Journey to space Module 3
1.Have you heard the latest news ? 2. Some scientists have sent a spacecraft. 3. And have the astronauts discovered life on Mars ? 4. But astronauts have already been to the moon. 5. We have been to the moon.
6. Scientists think that there has been life on Earth for millions of yours. 7. We haven’t found life on other planets yet. 8. Scientists have discovered many other galaxies in the universe. 9. They are a long way and their light has travelled for many years to reach us.
10. Scientists have sent lots of spacecraft to look at other planets in our solar system. 11. Some spacecraft have gone beyond the solar system. 12. No one has discovered any life in space yet.
现在完成时 : 表示过去发生或完成的某一动作, 对现在造 成的影响或结果。 have (has) + 过去分词。 Grammar Have you read that story ？ I have bought two apples ． The plane has arrived. I've been to Beijing three times.
常用副词 already ， just ， ever ， yet ， never 等 already ， just--- 肯定句中， ever ， yet ， never--- 疑问句 \ 否定句中。 I have already finished my homework ． He has just had his meal ． Have you ever sung an English song ？ They haven’t started yet ． We have never heard of it ．
我刚才去邮局了。 你曾经去过杭州吗？ 玛丽从未去过长城。 妈妈还没回来 I’ve just been to the post office. Have you ever been to Hangzhou. Mary has never been to the Great Wall. Mother hasn’t come back yet.
2.Put the words in the correct place in each sentence. Astronauts have been to the moon. ( already ) Astronauts have already been to the moon.
1. They haven’t been to Mars. ( yet ) __________________________ 2. Many astronauts have visited the space station. ( already ) ___________________________ _______________________ They haven’t been to Mars yet. Many astronauts have already visited the space station.
3. The spacecraft has reached Mars. ( just ) ____________________________ __________ 4. We’ve known that there isn’t any life on the moon. ( already ) ___________________________ __________________ The spacecraft has just reached Mars. We’ve already known that there isn’t any life on the moon
5. We have started to look at other planets. ( just ) ____________________________ _________________ 6. The space shuttle has returned from a visit to the space station.( just ) ____________________________ ___________________________. We have just started to look at other planets The space shuttle has just returned from a visit to the space station
Put the words in order to make sentences. 1.we / just / TV / programme / on / a / watched / have /. _____________________________ _____. We have just watched a programme on TV
2. on / discovered / yet / life / they / Mars / haven’t /. ___________________________ _________ 3. already / astronauts / landed / moon / on / the / have /. ____________________________ _________ They haven’t discovered life on mars yet. Astronauts have already landed on the moon.
3.Look at these sentences. The astronauts have gone to the space station. They’ve gone there, but they haven’t come back. The astronauts have been to the space station. They went there and they came back.
Now choose the correct words. 1.been 2.gone 3. gone 4. been
Complete the sentences with the expressions in the box. 1. A spacecraft _______________ to Mars. It’s coming back to Earth next year. have / has been have / has gone has gone
2. Lots of astronauts _____________ to the space station. They found it very interesting. 3. Some American astronauts ___________ to the moon several times. 4. A British astronaut______________ to the space station. He’ll come back in January. have been has gone
5. Complete the passage with the correct form of the vervs. 1. seen 2. discovered 3. have tried 4. haven’t found 5. found
7. Complete the passage with the words in the box. just read already been never haven’t written yet
Listen to this interview and choose the correct answers. BBBAABBBAA
solar system Milky Way SPACE mission unmanned space shuttle astronaut explore discover find galaxy spacecraft space station discover find galaxy space station spacecraft message
Around the world
1.as …as 意思是 “ 和．．．一样 ” ， Tom is as tall as I. 否定结构可用 not as /so… as 意思是 “ ．．．不如．．． ” 。 Language points Jack is not as /so clever as his sister She does not sing so/as well as Peng Liyuan.
Ex: 杰克不如他姐姐聪明。 她唱得不如彭丽媛好。 Jack is not as /so clever as his sister. She does not sing so/as well as Peng Liyuan.
2. It was so good that I’ve already asked the library to keep the next book for me ! 它（这本书）是那么好以至于我已经请 求图书室为我保留下一本了！ so + adj.(adv) + that 从句 这样的 … 以致于 …
Bob is so tall that he can almost reach the ceiling. He ran so quickly that we couldn’t catch up with him. Ex: 1. 他起床这么晚，以致上学迟到． ２. 老师讲得这么快，以致我们听不懂 He got up so late that he was late for school. The teacher spoke so fast that we couldn’t understand him
Making a poster about space travel 10. Choose a subject, for example,the first moon landing,or China’s first manned space travel. Look for some photos and information about it.