22. Manufacturing & Structure of Panel Agenda1. Introduction to PDP2. Manufacturing & Structure of Panel3. PDP Driving Characteristics4. Pascal Training5. Trouble shooting
31. Introduction to PDP ● Concepts of PDP Phosphor UV radiation Visible emissionGenerationPower supplyP/SDriving circuitTransportationConversion
4● Fluorescent Lamp and PDP Principle of PDP light emission is the same as fluorescent lamp.2 pieces of glass plates are placed with a small gap of 0.1mm, which is filled with discharge gas, and one of the glass plate has a transparent electrode. When 100 and several ten V of voltage is applied to the electrodes, discharge starts and generates UV light. This UV light reaches to the other glass plate on which phosphors (R,G,B) are pasted, and the phosphors convert UV light to visible light.< Fluorescent lamp >< PDP >
6● Merits & Demerits of PDP - Thin Type TV- Large Scale : 80” possible- Light Weight (42” Scale): PDP 30kg / CRT: over 100kg: LCD 40” 32Kg- Wide Angleview- High Definition: cell pitch 0.1mm- Not-Sensitive to Magnetic Field- Full-color- Good Non linerity: No need for TFT like LCD< Demerits >- High Power Consumption- Low Brightness- High Cost- Low Lighting Efficiency- Image Retention- Operation Temperature- Acoustic Noise of Driving
153. PDP Driving Characteristics ● Function Description by board - 1■.SMPS(Switching Mode Power Supply): It is the supplier to provide voltage and current to work the drive voltage and panel in each board.■.X-MAIN BOARD: It makes the drive wave form by switching FETs to Timing Controlle coming from logic-board andsupplies X electrode of panel with the drive wave form via connector.■.Y-MAIN BOARD: It makes the drive wave form by switching FETs to Timing Controller coming from the logic-boardand provides Y electrode of panel with the drive wave form via Scan Driver IC on Y buffer boardin order.■.LOGIC MAIN BOARD: It process image signal and performs buffering of the logic-main board (to create XY drive signaland output) and the address driver output signal.Then it supplies the output signal to the address driver IC(COF Module).
16● Function Description by board - 2 ■.LOGIC BUFFER(E,F,G) : It delivers the data signal and control signal to the COF.■.Y-BUFFER (Upper,Lower): It is the board to impress the scan waveform on the Y board and consist of 2 boards(upper board and lower board).8 Y-buffers are fixed at the scan driver (STV7617 of STC corp. : 64 or 65 Output).■.AC Noise Filter: It has functions to remove noise(low frequency) coming from AC LINE and prevent surge.It gives serious effects on the safety regulations (EMC, EMI) according to AC filter.■.COF (Chip on Flexible): It impress the Va pulse to the address electrode in the address section and forms theaddress discharge by electric potential difference with scanning pulse to be dismissedby the Y electrode. It is made in the form of COF and one COF consists of 4 Data Drive IC(STV7610A :96 Output), otherwise single scan is made of 7 COF.
17Vex+Vw1 >Vf : Discharge ● Effect of Wall ChargeXYXYVw1Vex+Vw1 >Vf : DischargeVexXYXYX0VVw2Vex-Vw2 < Vf : No dischargeY0VXYXYVex < Vf : No dischargeDifferent Result with same input pulse Vex according to Wall Charge state
18● 1 Sub-Field Image Process(ADS – Address Data Separate) ResetAddressSustainFunctionSustain EraseWall Charge SetIssueOperation marginContrastShort TimeFunctionSelect On CellIssueHigh SpeedLow VoltageLow FailureFunctionDischarge On CellIssueHigh EfficiencyLow VoltageERC Performance
43● PPM42M5H SW update method 1. Disconnect the power cord of PDP2. Connect the RS232C OUT terminal of your PC to the RS232C IN terminal of your PDP using the RS232C CABLE
443. Copy 3files(appcode. hex, bootcode. hex flasher 3. Copy 3files(appcode.hex, bootcode.hex flasher.hex) and put them in the program folder.4. Run the download program.
455. Click Flash column and select FlashAll.inf 6. Check ‘Connection’ and ‘Modes’ at the following screen
467. Click Flash to start the upgrade 8. Connect the power cord of PDP then program upgrade run automatically.9. When the program upgrade is complete, then PDP will turn on automatically.
47[ Test Pattern : MSPG-945 Series Pattern #16 ] ● White Balance AdjustmentIf picture color is wrong, check White Balance conditionEquipment : CA210, Patten : ABL PatternAdjust W/B in Factory ModeSub brightness and R/G/B Offset controls low light regionSub contrast and R/G/B Gain controls high light regionSource Component : 1280*720/60HzPC : 800*600/60HzAV and DVI modes are adjusted automatically)Toshiba PattenHigh LightLow Light[ Test Pattern : MSPG-945 Series Pattern #16 ]*Color coordinateH/L : 280/295 +/ Ft +/- 2.0FtL/L : 280/295 +/ Ft +/- 0.2Ft
50● Check List in advance ■. Each cable connection condition check - Cable is connected correctly ?■.Check Voltage- SMPS Video main Board, SMPS X,Y Drive board, SMPS Logic board■. The chart below shows abnormal condition
51● No Power- Not operate front LEDNot operate SMPS relay
52● SMPS relay on <-> off continually Operate Protection circuit because of some Ass’y problem
53● No display but sound is normal X or Y or Logic or Y Buffer board is abnormalmain SMPS or DC-DC SMPS output Voltage is abnormal
54● PDP Dot Module SPEC – SDI module ※ Special Management Items1) It is Cell-Defect if there are dark, bright,flickering cells over 2 points within1.5cm in the boundary section.2) Before vibration/dropping test, it shouldbe decided whether the module is good/ badness first.And after vibration/dropping test,if Cell-Defect happens more thanpreceding descriptions on Specification,it is Cell-Defect module.