Presentation on theme: "Guide to the Conflict Wiki 1. Joining 2. Looking around 3. Posting to a page 4. Posting to a discussion 5. Adding to your profile 6. Contacts."— Presentation transcript:
Guide to the Conflict Wiki 1. Joining 2. Looking around 3. Posting to a page 4. Posting to a discussion 5. Adding to your profile 6. Contacts
Joining the Wiki Address : http://conflict.care2share.wikispaces.net/home http://conflict.care2share.wikispaces.net/home Click on JOIN here:
1. Click Join 2. Create an account 3. Join Now – fill out username, password and email address. and click join.
4. Request Membership 5. Wiki organisers confirm you (may take up to a day or two) That’s it! Note – it helps if your username identifies you so others (and the organisers) can see who you are.
Looking Around Welcome Site Index Notice Board Directory of Members (below) Home Page Information on why CARE works on conflict, and the CCP. All the latest documents, discussions and events. Every month an email update sends this information around the CCP A link through to the resources page and a matrix of CCP members and their experience. A list of pages and links
Manage Wiki – a fun space where you can see statistics on how many people are visiting/posting, and add tags to documents you have uploaded. Home page in English and in Spanish Site Map – a list of all the pages on the wiki in alphabet order CS, PB, Adv, ToC: Four pages dedicated to explaining key areas of CARE’s work in and around conflict. Resources (non public) – the private document library of the wiki CCP Discussions (non public) – The private main discussion area of the wiki Other CARE sites related to the topic or useful Links to more external sites Links to External Sites Click and Explore!
Resources (Non Public) This is the resource library. The documents/videos are categorised by general, specific thematic or CCP. Click on them to see what there is. The goal is for you to add the key resources you find most useful so you can share with others in the community. Contact list of members Tag cloud of popular tags on documents
Click here to download the document Tool Kits Page Documents in French and Spanish
Posting to a Page 1. Click on Edit This Page 2. It opens up the edit format – its just like using Microsoft Word. Find where you want to write by click on the page, and add your contribution. 3. To finish, click on Save, in the top right corner
1.Click in the table, then look for the square button 3. Click on Add Row 4. Click on Add above – and the row appears in Green To post to a table… 2. It opens a menu – click on Row
1. To add a file, click in the location you want to post to. 2. Now click on File – and open the file menu Remember you can type into any of the boxes as a normal document.
1. To upload the file – browse for it by clicking on Upload file 2. When it is uploaded it appears at the top of the list here. 3. Choose if you want to embed the file (with a picture), or link to the document (just a name). 4. Finally just click on the document
5. You return to the main page – your document is now attached to the page This is an embedded file… While this is a link to a file 6. Add text to explain the document, and to finish click on Save 7. The page has been updated, and shows the new file.
Posting to a Discussion 1. First, click on CCP Discussions 2. You then arrive on this page. 3. You have a list of discussions here. To read the posts, and to add your own, click on the title 4. Documents referred to in discussion are posted here
Most recent post Space for your reply To get email alerts if someone replies to your post, tick this box When you are ready – click on post. That’s it! After clicking on a post, you get to the page showing all the replies to the original question.
Adding to your Profile 1. Click on your name to go to your account page 2. To change your photo, or add information to your profile click on settings.
1. On this page you can change your username 2. Change your email address or password 3. Change your profile picture 4. And change your profile page with any information about you, you want to share.
Contacts 1. Click on Resources… 2. Click on CCP Contact list/Knowledge Map
This opens up the excel contact sheet To filter the results, click on one of the drop down menus.
Last things… For any more information – please get in touch with me – Paul-Andre Wilton, I coordinate the conflict community of practice. My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org@careinternational.org My skype is ‘paulandrewilton’ My phone number is: (+44) 0207 091 6078 Thank You!