Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Water is Essential to Life on Earth Earths water is mostly salt water (97.5%). The remaining 2.5% is fresh water, and most of the fresh water is frozen.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Water is Essential to Life on Earth Earths water is mostly salt water (97.5%). The remaining 2.5% is fresh water, and most of the fresh water is frozen."— Presentation transcript:

1

2

3 Water is Essential to Life on Earth

4 Earths water is mostly salt water (97.5%). The remaining 2.5% is fresh water, and most of the fresh water is frozen. Did you know that LESS than 1% of our water supply is readily available for use?

5 Water can be a: Liquid Gas Solid

6 Liquid Water Temperature and air pressure determine when water is liquid. It cannot be too cold or too hot to remain a liquid and the air pressure must be relatively low. Temperature and air pressure determine when water is liquid. It cannot be too cold or too hot to remain a liquid and the air pressure must be relatively low.

7 Gaseous Water You see water in the form of gas, when you see…….. You see water in the form of gas, when you see…….. Water changes from liquid to gas when its heated. This gas is called water vapor. Although we cant see it, water vapor is all around us. We even release water vapor into the air when we breath, and its also transpired from plants.

8 Solid Water Ice Ice Frost Frost Glaciers Glaciers Polar Ice Caps Polar Ice Caps Solid: When water becomes very cold it freezes and changes from liquid to solid. Frozen water has a definite form and shape.

9 NOW THATS ONE BIG ICEBERG! NOW THATS ONE BIG ICEBERG!

10 The Amazing Water Cycle

11 Evaporation When liquid water heats up When liquid water heats up it becomes vaporized and it becomes vaporized and changes into a gas changes into a gas Water vapor rises due to a Water vapor rises due to a difference in air pressure difference in air pressure As water vapor rises it As water vapor rises it becomes cooler; the higher becomes cooler; the higher it rises the faster it it rises the faster it condenses condenses Seawater evaporation ponds, on the Isle of Rhé off the coast of France, are used to obtain salt

12 Condensation Condensation

13 Precipitation

14 Collection

15 WATER POLLUTION EVERYTHING THAT IS LEFT ON THE GROUND ENDS UP IN OUR WATER SUPPLY EVERYTHING THAT IS LEFT ON THE GROUND ENDS UP IN OUR WATER SUPPLY

16 Does One Bag Really Matter?

17 What Do You Think Now?

18 Someone Didnt Think it Mattered

19 Other Types of Water Pollution

20

21


Download ppt "Water is Essential to Life on Earth Earths water is mostly salt water (97.5%). The remaining 2.5% is fresh water, and most of the fresh water is frozen."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google