CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences F A S S Universiti Brunei Darussalam
1) How do I choose my modules? Please refer to the list of modules provided which contains all the information on modules that are compulsory for you to take (Core Modules) as well as the breadth modules. Please note that you can only choose breadth modules that do not clash with your core modules in both the class and examination timetables.
2) How do I register? Provisional Registration will start from 29 July to 1 August 2013. You will need to log on to the GenNEXT Information System (GIS). Select and rank all the modules that you want to register for. You can list up to 7 modules for ranking purposes but you may only register a minimum of 12 modular credits and a maximum of 20 modular credits per semester. You have until 1 August 2013 at 12 noon to do this. You can either print out or just view your registration from the GIS. If you are happy with your module choices, you need not do anything further and your registration will be deemed as final.
3) How do I access the GenNEXT Information System (GIS) You can log on to www.ubd.edu.bn and click on the link ‘MyUBD’ (on the right-hand side).www.ubd.edu.bn Your username will be your registration number (12Mxxxx) and your password is the last six digits of your IC number.
4 ) What happens if I change my mind about my modules after the Provisional Registration period? You can still add or drop modules between Week 1 and Week 2 (5 to 17 august 2013 @ 12:00 noon) You may add a module depending on the student quota set for that module, and subject to the Programme Leader’s (PL) approval.
5) Can I still change my selection if I submit my online Provisional Registration before the deadline? If you are still within the Provisional Registration period (i.e. between Week O and 1 August 2013,) you are allowed to do so. You can log on to the GIS, change your rankings and submit, just as long as it is done before the deadline.
6)What happens if I do not get the modules that I want after the Provisional Registration? You can still register for other modules between Week 1 and Week 2, subject to the student quota set for the modules.
7) How do I drop modules from the list of modules that I have registered for? Please observe the deadlines for Add/ Drop/ Appeal modules (refer to the Registration Manual). You can drop a module online, subject to the PL’s approval Your registration should be updated after the PL’s approval
8) How do I add more modules into my registration list? Please observe the deadline for Add/ Drop/ Appeal modules (refer to Registration Manual). If you have maximized the number of modules that you are allowed to take, you may drop the ones that you do not wish to take. You can do a DROP request online, subject to the PL’s approval. After you have dropped a module, you can then add a module, subject to the PL’s approval Your registration should be updated after the PL’s approval
9) How do I know which Programme Leaders to go to? You will be provided with the names of the Programme Leaders (PL) for the modules on offer. Please note that only Programme Leaders can sign the Add or Drop module form (during Appeal Week) for the affected modules.
10) What are the Important Deadlines for registration? WeekActivityDeadline 0Provisional Registration (Online)29 july – 1 august 2013 12.00 noon 1 – 2Add/Drop Module (Online)5 to 17 august 2013 12.00 noon 3Appeal Week (Fill Add/Drop slip)19 to 24 august 2013 12.00 noon
11) What happens if I do not register? There are two consequences resulting from non-registration of modules: 1. If you do not register for a module you are supposed to take, you will not be able to sit for the examination for this module. If it is a core module, then you will have to register for it when it is next offered. 2. Not registering at all – If you fail to register for any modules at all from Week O to Week 3, then you are considered to have withdrawn from the programme, and hence the University. If you have not registered at the beginning of the semester and only decided to register during the Appeal Week (Week 3), you will be fined $50 per module.
12) Can I still register or add/ drop modules after Week 4? NO. Adding or dropping is allowed until the end of Week 3, so please ensure that you have registered for your modules by then.
13) Where can I view or get the results of my registration after adding or dropping modules? You can view them by logging on to the GIS.
14) Do I need to print out my registration details? UBD will provide you with the Final Registration slip (yellow) after 19 august 2013. Please collect it from your faculty within 2 weeks from Week O. Reminder : it is STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY to ensure ALL MODULES have been registered correctly.
15) I am a fee paying student. Can I still register for my modules even if I have not paid my fees during the Freshers’ Week? Yes, you can still register. However, do remember to settle your fees as soon as possible and before the examinations. You can pay directly at the Finance Office in the Administration Building during office hours.