Presentation on theme: "Chemistry Daily 10s Week 15. 1 1. Which of the following is a heterogeneous mixture? a. water b. a sugar-water solution c. whole wheat bread d. sugar."— Presentation transcript:
Chemistry Daily 10s Week 15
1 1. Which of the following is a heterogeneous mixture? a. water b. a sugar-water solution c. whole wheat bread d. sugar
2. The Tyndall effect is used to distinguish between a. liquids and gases. b. solutions and colloids. c. electrolytes and nonelectrolytes. d. solvents and solutes.
2 1. Which of the following is an electrolyte? a. sodium chloride b. sugar c. pure water d. Glass
2. Increasing the surface area of the solute a. increases the rate of dissolution. b. decreases the rate of dissolution. c. has no effect on the rate of dissolution. d. can increase, decrease, or have no effect on the rate of dissolution.
3 1. Which of the following is at equilibrium when undissolved solute is visible? a. a saturated solution b. an unsaturated solution c. a supersaturated solution d. All of the above
2. Which of the following is an example of a polar solvent? a. carbon tetrachloride b. benzene c. water d. gasoline
4 1. The dissolution of gases in liquids is generally a. endothermic. b. exothermic. c. rapid. d. impossible.
2. Pressure has the greatest effect on the solubility of a. solids in liquids. b. liquids in liquids. c. gases in gases. d. gases in liquids.
5 1. For a mixture of gases, the solubility of each gas in water varies a. directly with the partial pressure of the gas. b. inversely with the partial pressure of the gas. c. directly with the total pressure of the mixture. d. inversely with the total pressure of the mixture.
2. What is the molarity of a solution that contains 125 g NaCl in 4.00 L solution? (molar mass of NaCl = g/mol) a M b M c M d M