Presentation on theme: "Trends in E-Commerce 1. Consumer focus is on Price 2.Consumer is moving away from brand loyalty. 3.Consumer is looking for deals, discounts, incentives,"— Presentation transcript:
Trends in E-Commerce 1. Consumer focus is on Price 2.Consumer is moving away from brand loyalty. 3.Consumer is looking for deals, discounts, incentives, points, free shopping and coupons etc,. 4.Free shipping.
E-Commerce: Impact on business 1. E commerce is continuously growing. (Source : usa:usembassy.de 2008)
2. There is continuing to be more internet users.
Internet users in India (from 2 millions in 2000 to 52 millions in 2009)
3. The age is lowering. Younger generation seems to love technology.
4. More purchases through online People are continuing to buy more online each year than they had previously.
6. Riding the next wave: Video & Visual Search High quality of video ( Youtube) Music (Vimco, Bing, Yahoo) Instant referring Keyword (one, two…)
7. Own designs on popular fashion, trends
8. Multi channel retailing arrives News papers channels
10. Consumers do their own things Online bookings. – Air tickets – Bus tickets – Tourism packages – Movie ticket booking – Appointments – Orders
11. More value for money Financial services Health services. Management (CRM)
12. Digital delivery of good and services CDs Magazines Articles News broadcast Stock online Insurance Intangible goods ( books on line)
13. Other online services CRM SCM Gateways Payment gatways
1-800-flowers.com: e-commerce a case study
flowers.com In 1976, Jim McCann, founder and CEO of FLOWERS.COM, opened his first retail florist shop and forever changed the way flowers are bought for birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. For more than 30 years, our passion has been to help you connect and express yourself to the important people in your life by providing the finest selection of beautiful flowers and arrangements, from roses to tulips to carnations to orchids to gerbera daisies, available for same day or next day delivery. You can also find plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, and stuffed animals perfect for every occasion and all covered by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
From birthdays to anniversaries, we offer beautiful flowers, lush plants, and delicious treats that will delight anyone. Have a wedding come up? Consider our affordable wedding flowers. Whether youre hosting a baby shower or celebrating the birth of a new baby, our new baby flowers and gifts are the perfect way to mark the occasion.wedding flowersnew baby flowers
We send flowers to most any location, and we have relationships with both local florists and flower growers. Not only does this help ensure the gifts you send are delivered on time, but it also means they are as fresh as possible and deliver a great value to both the receiver and the person who sends flowers. Our customer service team is standing by to help you with any order. Whether you're sending a dozen roses to celebrate your love or a gift basket to congratulate a co-workerif you have questions, our team has answers. Just call or place your order online. We will help you find and deliver the perfect flowers, plants, or gift to celebrate life's most meaningful moments.
Your best choice when shopping online for flowers, bouquets and gifts at any time of the year, especially Valentine's Day and Mother's Day. We have a wonderful variety of fresh flowers and plants including roses, orchids, tulips, carnations, lilies, and more. We also offer delicious gourmet gift baskets of fresh fruit, gourmet food, chocolate and candy. Check out our Flower Blog for all kinds of information about flowers and customs. You'll find bouquets for all occasions: birthday Valentine's DayMother's Dayfresh flowersplantsrosestulipsgift basketsFlower Blogbirthday
Results USD 300 million per annum Across the globe business 30 % growth Reaching an individual per his personal gifts.