Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presented by: Michelle Shipp and Shelly Lee -Murphy Part I: Treading Water in a Rising Tide – Automating for Free: Excel, Word and Outlook Part II: Jeffs.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Presented by: Michelle Shipp and Shelly Lee -Murphy Part I: Treading Water in a Rising Tide – Automating for Free: Excel, Word and Outlook Part II: Jeffs."— Presentation transcript:

1 Presented by: Michelle Shipp and Shelly Lee -Murphy Part I: Treading Water in a Rising Tide – Automating for Free: Excel, Word and Outlook Part II: Jeffs Database – Access as a Life Preserver Part III: Workshop – discussions, demonstrations, etc.

2 Part I: Treading Water in a Rising Tide Automating for free: Excel, Word and Outlook Michelle Shipp Assistant Director, Technology Solutions Center Columbia College of Missouri

3 Snapshot: Testing Services at Columbia College 5,017 individual 3 min. 30 sec. processing time!!!

4 Treading water is only good if you are awaiting rescue theprofitsacademy.com

5 Step one: Relax your body so you dont wear out Your natural buoyancy does a lot more than you think. Use Excel to keep you afloat. Database for student and exam data Reporting Make the data work for you

6 Repository of student data for specific exams Some examples and tricks… Database of Online Students for Bulk Exams at multiple times and locations. TRICK: Use formulas to determine room capacity! Database of ADA Students with specific needs, instructor and exam data.. TRICK: Concatenate fields to bulk schedule in Outlook!

7 Treading water. Good swimming technique for keeping your head above water. Bad lifestyle choice. Davidseger.tumblr.com Reporting with excel making your case to be rescued

8 Step two: Moving your arms and legs Using Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook will help keep your head above water. Think of them as your arms and legs. Microsoft Word - ARMS Generic document templates merge documents Word forms Microsoft Outlook - LEGS forms Categorizing Appointment importing Bulk scheduling

9 Generic Document templates Using generic document templates in Word can eliminate the need for typing the same message over and over again. By using a standard template along with the original , we were able to streamline our Online Exam confirmation process.

10 merge documents

11 Word forms

12 outlook Templates (FORMS)

13 outlook Categories You are 87% water; The other 13% keeps you From drowning. P.E. Morris

14 Workflows and trends

15 Outlook Calendars

16 Putting it all together COMMUNICATE! Outlook Microsoft Word Merge Spreadsheet Data Reminders for upcoming exams Exam confirmations Customized exam coversheets

17 Putting it all together BULK SCHEDULE! Outlook Spreadsheet Data Schedule many exams at one time Send bulk requests to examinee, Testing Center and faculty Maintain consistency of data

18 Automation results… 5,017 individual 1 min. 30 sec. processing time!!! Outlook Categories Excel Reservation Database Generic Word Document

19 Questions or Comments? Contact me at: Michelle Shipp (573) Questions or Comments? Contact me at: Michelle Shipp (573)

20

21 Part II: Jeffs Database Access as a Life Preserver Shelly Lee-Murphy Test Administrator Bellevue University Questions or Comments? Contact me at: (402)


Download ppt "Presented by: Michelle Shipp and Shelly Lee -Murphy Part I: Treading Water in a Rising Tide – Automating for Free: Excel, Word and Outlook Part II: Jeffs."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google