1. 去旅行 ______________ 2. 想起 ______________ 3. （在 ) 不做某事（的情况下） ____________ 4. 一个令人吃惊的聚会 __________________ 5. 将 …… 带到 …… ________________ 6. 收到某人的信 ________________ 7. 以便于；以至于 _____________ 8. 盼望；期待 _________________ Do you know them? look forward to … so that hear from bring...to … a surprise party think of take a trip without Revision 1
Ms. Steen is a fun teacher. She’s going back to the US soon. So all the students are very ____.To show how much they’re going to ____ her, David wants to have a _______ ____ for her next Friday the 28th. He needs some students to help him______ the party. Revision 2 Can you remember them? sad miss surprise prepare party Passage 1
He Wei really likes Ms. Steen a lot because she helped her to ________ her English so much. She can help buy food and _______. She can also help to ______ Ms. Steen to the party ________ telling her. improve bring drinks without Passage 2
Jake would love to come to the party. But he’s not _________, because his family is _______ a trip to Wuhan at the _____ of this month to visit his aunt and uncle. However, he’s still be _______ to help out with any of the party _________. All the students are looking ________ to this great party. preparations glad forward available taking end Passage 3
What kind of party is it? It’s an opening of a new hospital. 开幕式；落成典礼
1. opening n. 开幕式；落成典礼 e.g. My father has to go to the opening of a new theater tomorrow. 我爸爸明天必须去参加一个 剧院的落成典礼。 动词 open + ing → opening
2. concert n. 音乐会；演奏会 e.g. I got a ticket to the pop concert yesterday. 我昨天得到了一张流行音乐会的票。 3. daytime n. 白天；日间 e.g. I can’t sleep in the daytime. 我白天睡不着觉。
e.g. We would write a letter to the headmaster. 我们将写封信给校长。 4. headmaster n. 校长 5. event n. 大事；公开活动；比赛项目 e.g. The flower show is a yearly event in our city. 我们市的花展一年一次。
e.g. We must prepare a room for our guest. 我们必须为客人准备一个房间。 6. guest n. 客人；宾客 7. calendar n. 日历；日程表 e.g. Is there a calendar here? 这里有日历吗？
Read the invitation and answer the questions. 3a 1. Who is making the invitation? _____________________________ 2. What is the invitation for? _____________________________ 3. When will the event happen? _____________________________ 4. What will happen after this? _____________________________ 5. Do parents have to bring anything? _____________________________ 6. How should people reply to this invitation, and when? _____________________________
1. Who is making the invitation? _____________________________ 2. What is the invitation for? _____________________________ 3. When will the event happen? _____________________________ 4. What will happen after this? _____________________________ 5. Do parents have to bring anything? _____________________________ 6. How should people reply to this invitation, and when? _____________________________ Larry Smith. It’s for the opening of the new library at No. 9 High School. It will be on the morning of Wednesday, January 8th at 9:00. They can enjoy the school concert. Yes. They should bring one book as a gift for the new library. They should reply in writing to this invitation by Friday. Group work
Student A, look at your calendar on the right. Student B, look at yours on Page 81. Find a time when you can both go shopping. 4
Can you go shopping with me next week? Sure. I’d love to. When? Well, what are you going to do on Monday evening? I must study for the English test. What about Tuesday evening?
kind of party or event when and where it will be if guests should bring anything if guests should reply to the invitation when and how guests should reply Write an invitation to a party or any other event. Reply to your partner’s invitation. If you turn down the invitation, give a good reason. Include the following information
___________________________________ Use the following words and phrases: would like to, will be, after this, please, reply
___________________________________ One possible version: Dear parents, I’d like to invite you to the opening ceremony for the new students at No. 10 Middle School. The opening will be on the morning of Wednesday, September 4th at 8:00. After this, you can visit our school. Please dress smartly. I would also like to invite each parent to think of some words to encourage your child to study
___________________________________ __________________________________ ___________________________________ __________________________________ hard at school. Please reply in e-mail to this invitation by Monday, September, 2nd. Our e-mail address is Number10MS@sina. com. I look forward to hearing from you all. Huang Zongsheng Headmaster
___________________________________ __________________________________ ___________________________________ __________________________ Dear Headmaster: Thanks so much for inviting. I’d love to go to the opening ceremony, but I’m not available. I have an important meeting in Beijing this weekend. I’ll think of some words and give them to my child. Then, I’ll visit the school another time next week. Li Ming’s father. One possible version:
1. Fill in the blanks in the conversation. A: Hi, Peter. ____ you come to my party ___ the weekend? B: Sure, ____ love to. A: How about ______, Jenny? C: I’m afraid I _____. I ______ to look after my little cousin. A: ____ you come, Jeff? D: I ______ be able to, but I’m not sure. ____ let you know tomorrow. Can on I’d you can’thave Can mightI’ll Group work
1. Invitation: “Can you come to my party on Saturday?” Reply: ________________________ 2. Invitation: “Let’s go to the movies tomorrow night.” Reply: ________________________ 2. You get these invitations but can’t go. Write a refusal and a reason. I’m afraid I can’t. I have to prepare for the math exam. Sorry, I can’t. I have to look after my sister at home.
4. Invitation: “Do you want to go shopping with me next week?” Reply: ________________________ 5. Invitation: “Can you play soccer with me after school today?” Reply: 3. Invitation: “Let’s go to the concert tomorrow night.” Reply: ________________________ I’d love to. But I’m not available. I’ll visit my grandparents with my family. I’m afraid not. I have to go to the dentist. Sorry, I can’t. I have to practice violin.
一、根据汉语提示完成单词 1.Thank you for your__________ (invite). But I have to stay at home to do my homework. 2. The Kings___________(leave) soon to go back to the US. 3. Mr. Green invited me _______ (visit) his factory last week. 4. The little boy refused _______(take) the medicine. 5.I would like my mother ______ (go)to the movies this Sunday. to visit invitation are leaving to take 二、其它根据课堂进度见导学案 to go
假设你是李明，你班的英国交换生 Mary 邀请 你本周末和她一起去打乒乓球，但是你周末要为下 周一的英语考试做准备。请你写一封电子邮件，婉 拒她的邀请，并邀请他下周日和你一起 去看乒乓 球比赛作为补偿。 Dear Mary, ____________________________________________ Li Ming