Presentation on theme: "Praise the L ORD, all you his servants! Praise his name with glad accord, you who serve God in his temple, in the dwelling of the L ORD. Praise the L ORD,"— Presentation transcript:
Praise the L ORD, all you his servants! Praise his name with glad accord, you who serve God in his temple, in the dwelling of the L ORD. Praise the L ORD, for this is fitting. He is good; his praise proclaim. Praise the L ORD, for it is pleasant to sing praises to his name. [Sing to the Lord 135]
2. For the L ORD has chosen Jacob to belong to him alone. Israèl to be his treasure, set apart to be his own. For I know the L ORD is mighty; greater than all gods is he. He is sov’reign in the heavens, on the earth and in the sea.
3. He makes thunderclouds to gather from the earth’s remotest shores; with the rain he sends forth lightning, brings the wind out from his stores. He struck down all Egypt’s firstborn; man and beast alike were slain. Mighty signs he showed in Egypt, routing Pharaoh and his men.
4. Many nations he defeated; kings he slew with mighty hand – Og of Bashan and King Sihon, all the kings of Canaan’s land. All their lands he gave to Jacob, to his people Israèl; as a heritage he gave them lands where they might safely dwell.
5. L ORD, your name endures forever; your renown is ever great. For the L ORD sustains his servants and his folk will vindicate. But the idols of the nations, made of silver and of gold, are by human hands created with a hammer or a mould.
6. Mouths they have, but speak they cannot; eyes they have, but cannot see. Ears they have, but hear they cannot; in their mouths no breath can be. Those who make them will be like them; those who trust them are the same. Praise the L ORD, O house of Levi; Aaron’s house, exalt his name.