We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAngela McBride
Modified over 6 years ago
When I say figuratively and not literally! “I think I just dodged a bullet!” Figurative Language is usually used in poetry.
Writers use it to make their poems more lively! ALLITERATION ONOMATOPOEIA METAPHOR HYPERBOLE PERSONIFICATION SIMILE
1. ALLITERATION The repetition of the same or similar sounds at the beginnings of words.
2. ONOMATOPOEIA A figure of speech in which words are used to imitate sounds such as buzz and hiss.
3. METAPHOR A figure of speech in which two things are compared, usually by saying one thing is another.
He was a lion in battle. The world’s a stage.
4. HYPERBOLE A figure of speech in which deliberate exaggeration is used for emphasis.
5. PERSONIFICATION A figure of speech in which nonhuman things or abstract ideas are given human attributes.
6. SIMILE A figure of speech in which two things are compared using the word “like” or “as.”
TYPES OF POEMS
1. ACROSTIC POEM Verses or arrangements of words where certain words, such as the first and last letter is used to spell out a word or name.
2. CONCRETE POEM A poem that forms a picture of the topic or follows the contours of a shape that is suggested in the topic.
3. BALLAD POEM A poem that tells a story similar to a folk tale or legend.
4. RHYME POEM The repetition of similar consonant sounds, especially at the ends of words, as in last and past.
5. EPIC POEM A long, serious poem that tells the story of a heroic figure.
6. FREE VERSE POEM Poetry composed of either rhymed or unrhymed lines that have no set meter.
7. CINQUAIN POEM A poem that has 5 lines in which line 1 has a noun, line 2 has 2 adjectives, line 3 has action words, line 4 is based on feeling (phrases), and line 5 is a synonym of the title.
8. ODE POEM A lyric poem that is serious and thoughtful in tone and has a very precise, formal structure.
9. LIMERICK POEM A light, humorous poem of 5 lines with the rhyme scheme of aabba.
10. COLOR POEM A poem that describes a color.
11. HAIKU POEM A Japanese lyric poem that has 3 unrhymed lines of 5,7, and 5 syllables and involves nature or seasons.
Literary Terms Jeopardy English 9 Directions for online viewing: Use the Internet Explorer Browser, not Netscape. When viewing in Internet Explorer,
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 2 Q 3 Q 4 Q 5 Q 6Q 16Q 11Q 21 Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 8Q 13Q 18 Q 23 Q 9 Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy Poetry Terms.
Forms of Poetry 8th Grade GRC OMMS.
2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt 2pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt Poetic Elements Misc. Format of Poetry.
Mrs. Spencer Language Arts
Heart, Mind, and Soul: The Voice of Poetry © 2007, TESCCC.
Literary Terms Jeopardy
Poetry --type of literature that uses the sounds, rhythms, and meanings of words to describe the world.
Poetry Unit Vocabulary
POETRY TERMS PLEASE TAKE NOTES AS YOU FOLLOW ALONG.
Poetry Forms of Poetry Aspects of Poetry. Forms of Poetry Ballad Free Verse Lyric Narrative Traditional.
Poetry Feb 19.
Rhyme scheme and types of poems
Literary Terms Jeopardy English 10 Literary Terms Jeopardy Big Words Rhyme Time Word Plays Think About It Poetic Types Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q.
Types of Poems 6th grade poetry unit.
Figurative Language Vocabulary Poetic Terms More Poetic Terms Rhyme & Meter Seen Here $100 $200 $300 $400 $500.
Poetry Jeopardy World Literature.
© 2021 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.