There are ___ kinds of music in the world --- one is ______ down and ___ ____ __ ___.Folk music has ____ ______ down from one generation to ______. These songs were about ______ life,the seasons, ______ and plants, and about ____ and _______ in people’s lives. Early music performers used to _____ hundreds of songs __ _____. They used to act and sing in ______ of heroes on festivals. In this way, stories were _____ __ from one person __ ________. two writtenthe other is not been passed another country animals love sadness praise passed on to another heart learn by
African music plays an _________ part in people’s lives, especially for work and at _______and ______ when people dance all ______long. Indian music is not written down. But lots of modern music is also _______. _________ music was developed by the slaves brought from _______. West Indians ______ musical instruments ____ ___ large oil cans. Jazz was born in ________ around ______. It came from work song sung by ______people and had its roots in ______. important festivals wedding night writtenCaribbean Africamake out of America1890 black Africa
1.What are Mary and Rik talking about? They are discussing plans for the music for a party in the country.
What music is Rik supposed to start with at the party? 2. What music will be played at the end of the party? 3. What instruments does Rik play? Start with some folk songs. Some songs that everyone is familiar with He plays the guitar, piano and jazz violin. More questions
1.Have you decided ___________________________ ____________.( 在晚会开始时我们将演奏什么音乐） 2. I’ve not decided ____________________________ __________________.( 将邀请多少人参加我们的生日 聚会） 3. I’ve decided __________________________. ( 不参加他的婚宴） 4. I’d prefer them ____________________________. ( 不要喝太多的酒） 5. I’d prefer the man ___________________________ ____________.( 在晚会上不要抽烟） 6. I’d rather ______________________.( 先喝点汤 ) 7. I’d rather __________________________________ _______________.( 睡觉前听点轻柔的音乐 ) what music we should play at the beginning how many we should invite to our birthday party not to attend his wedding not to drink too much wine not to smoke at the party have some soup at first have some quiet and peaceful music before sleeping
Mary and Rik are talking about the ______ for the music for a party in the country. At the __________ they decides to ______ some fairly _____ and peace- ful music, for example, some ______ songs to start _____. After supper they could play some jazz or pop _________ people can dance. At the end, there will be some songs that everyone is ________ _____. Of course they will invite some __________ to come an play different ___________. plans beginning playquiet folk with music familiar with musicians instruments
Revision T or F 1.All kinds of music were written down at first. 2.Many people write songs just for pleasure. 3.Folk music was not written down at first. 4.Folk music was passed down from one generation to another. 5. People usually learn folk songs from their families, relatives, neighbours and friends. 6. Many of the early folk songs were about country life, the seasons, and about love and sadness in people’s lives. 7. Early performers of music had to learn many songs by heart in order to make a living. F F F
8. Most African music is not written down. 9. Most Indian music is quite free and has no pattern to follow. F
Yue Opera _______________ in Shengzhou. It is a kind of folk music that has been _____________ from one generation to another. Early _____________ of Yue Operawere music lovers. They ___________________ by singing it. Yue Opera_______________________in Shaoxingnese’s life. It is a good way of spreading the culture of our country, especially the culture of Shaoxing. Even people who ________read ____ write can understand it.it. had its roots passed down performers earned their living plays an important part in neithernor
A Perfect Day Listening How many times do we have the phrase “perfect day” in the poem ?
1. Is this at the beginning of a day or at the end of a day ? 2. Is the writer alone or with someone ? 3. Is the writer meeting someone or saying goodbye to someone? Reading
part gay/joy With colours that never fade 3 With colours that will never become less bright When the sun goes down with a flaming ray 2 When the light from the sun going down looks like flames 1 While the bells ring out with a happy song being sung 4 happiness 5 Say goodbye Find the words or phrases in the poem which mean the same as: While the chimes ring out with a carol gay
A Perfect Day by Carrie Jacobs-bond When you come to the end of a perfect day, And you sit alone with your thought, While the chimes ring out with a carol gay For the joy that the day has brought, Do you think what the end of a perfect day Can mean to a tired heart, When the sun goes down with a flaming ray, And the dear friends have to part? Well, this is the end of a perfect day, Near the end of a journey too; But it leaves a thought that is big and strong, With a wish that is kind and true. For memory has painted this perfect day, With colours that never fade, And we find at the end of a perfect day, The soul of a friend we’ve made.
Spring by Thomas Nashe Spring, the sweet spring, is the year’s pleasant king; Then blooms each thing, then maids dance in a ring, Cold doth not sting, the pretty birds do sing, Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo! The palm and may make country houses gay, Lambs frisk and play,the shepherds pipe all day, And we hear ay birds tune this merry lay, Cuckoo,jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo! The fields breathe sweet, the daisies kiss our feet, Young lovers meet, old wives a-sunning sit, In every street these tunes our ears do greet, Cuckoo, jug-jug, pu-we, to-witta-woo: Spring! The sweet Spring!
Translation: 相思 红豆生南国, 春来发几枝 ? 愿君多采撷, 此物最相思. Love Seeds Red berry grows in southern land, In spring it overloads the tree. Gather it till full is your hand, It would revive fond memories.
1. 谋生 2. 传递，流传下去 3. 一代又一代 4. 向 ------ 学 5. 在人们的生活中 6. 用心记忆 7. 在节日期间 8. 颂扬 9. 每次，在某个时候 10. 用这种方法 11. 传递 12. 看见 --- 在做 13. 路人 14. 把 --- 扔进 15. 其重大作用 earn/make one’s (a ） living pass down from one generation to another learn --from in people’s life learn….by heart on/ at festivals in praise of at a time in this way pass on to sb see….doing passer (s)-by drop …..into… play an important part in
16. 一种基本形式 17. 音乐片 18. –- 由 -- 制成 19. 敲鼓 20. 随着 --- 起舞 21. 起源于非洲 22. 眼见为实 23. 赢得金牌 24. 愉悦的圣歌 25. 疲惫的心 26. 下沉 27. 红霞 a basic pattern a musical/ a film with music make---from/ make---(out) of hit the drum dance ---to have its roots in Africa seeing is believing win the gold medal a carol gay a tired heart go down a flaming ray
Error correction 1.I would rather not to go out tonight, for I’m quite tired. 2. “What’s to do next ？ ” asked Tom in an excited voice. 3. Folk music takes an important part in people’s lives, especially at festivals. 4. It is reported that I India produces more films than other country. 5. On festivals they used to act and sing in praising of heroes. 6. Mary must catch a cold, for she had a high fever last night. 7. All the lights are out, they can’t have working in the factory. \ ___ to be done ____ plays any ______ praise _____ have caught V V been
8. Behind Mr. Brown was a little boy, who I thought he was his son? 9. The boy, have been wounded by the nobleman, died a few days later. 10. Known little English, he doesn’t know how to start. \ ____ having _____ knowing
Sentence conversion 1.A: I like folk music very much. B: I _____ _____ ______ ______ folk music. 2.A: Both of them live by fishing. B: They both_____ _____ _____ by fishing. 3.A: The teacher asked us to memorize the new words. B: The teacher asked us to _____ the new words _____ ______. 4.A: Have you decided where you are going to have the wedding party? B: Have you _____ _____ _____ where _____ _____ the wedding party? 5. A: I’d rather you came tomorrow than today. B: _____ _____ you _____ _____ tomorrow rather than today. am very fond of earn their living learn by heart made a decision to have I’d prefer to come
Translation 1. 战士们宁死不屈。 The soldier ____________________________. 2. 人们用竹子建造房子。 People ________________________________. 3. 学生们伴随着钢琴唱歌，跳舞。 The students _____________________the piano. 4. 起初，我们没钱，接着就是没时间。 ____________, we have no money, and _______ we have no time. 5. 他精通四种外语。 He __________________ 4 foreign languages. 6. 那个失踪的男孩最后一次是被看到在湖边玩。 The _______ boy was _______________ near the East Lake. would rather die than give in make houses out of bamboo sing and dance to To start with secondly is familiar with missing seen playing
1. 动词 -ing 形式作表语 Our job is playing all kinds of music. ( 动名词 ) The music they are playing sounds so exciting. ( 现在分词 ) 一般来讲，动名词 ( 短语 ) 作表语，主语与表语可互换； 现在分词作表语，表明主语的性质和特征，主语与表语不可 互换。 2. - ing 形式做定语 动名词表示所修饰名词的用途、材料、场合等； 现在分词表示所修饰名词正在进行的动作，可以换成 定语从句形式。
a waiting room ( = a room for waiting ) 候车室 a walking stick ( = a stick for walking ) 手杖 a sleeping car ( = a car for sleeping ) 卧车 a waiting man ( = a man who is waiting ) 正等 待着的男人 a sleeping child ( = a child who is sleeping ) 正 睡觉的孩子 a walking man ( = a man who is walking ) 正散 步的男人
building materials___________________ bathing cap________________________ washing room______________________ drinking water______________________ walking stick_______________________ racing car_________________________ translating machine_________________ changing room_____________________ sowing machine____________________ booking office______________________ running water______________________ training class______________________
现在分词作表语或定语，常见的有： exciting, interesting, disappointing, discouraging, encouraging, puzzling, missing, surprising, confusing, amusing, charming, astonishing, shocking, inviting 等。这些现在分词可以当作形容词 用，常可用 very 修饰。 The news is very interesting. This is a very interesting book. The news was disappointing.
3. 动词 –ing 形式作宾语补足语 在 see, hear, feel, watch, notice 等感观动词后可以 用 - ing 形式（即现在分词）做宾语补足语。这时 - ing 形 式和句子的宾语之间存在着逻辑上的主谓关系，并且 - ing 形式表示宾语正在进行的动作。 He saw a girl getting on the tractor. ( = He saw a girl and the girl was getting on the tractor. ) Do you hear someone knocking at the door?
4. 动词 –ing 形式作状语 现在分词作状语，表示原因、时间、条件、结果等。 Having heard the sad news, they felt sad. 他们得知这一不幸的 消息，感到很悲伤。（原因状语） The man died, leaving his wife and children nothing. 他死了，没给他的妻子和孩子们留下任何财产。（结果状语） They sat around the fire, talking with each other happily. 他们围坐在火旁，高兴地交谈着。（伴随状语） Having finished his homework, he went out to play football. 做完功课之后，他去踢足球了。（时间状语） The students ran out of the classroom, laughing and talking. 学生们说说笑笑地跑出教室。（伴随状语）