2What is citizenship? A good citizen has many responsibilities: Respecting and protecting the rights of othersTaking part in the voting process when making decisionsDescribing actions that can improve the school and communityDemonstrating self-discipline, responsibility, honesty, trustworthiness, fairness, and caring.When you have citizenship you are learning to be a great American.
3What is diversity?Diversity is when it’s okay for people to be different.Diversity is different languages, skin colors, nationalities.
4What are benefits of diversity? Benefits of diversity here in America include food, clothing, and music.What are some of the foods we get from other cultures?What are some of the clothes?What is some music we get from other cultures?
5What is a community?A community is a place where people live, work, and play.Is our school a community? Why or why not?
6What is ethnic origin? Ethnic means— your families background Origin means— where your family is fromEthnic origin is where a person or their family is from.
7What are customs and traditions? Customs and traditions are something that families do for certain events or celebrations.What are examples of customs and traditions your family has?What are examples of customs and traditions that we as American Citizens have?
8What is transportation? Transportation is a way of moving people and things from one place to another.What are examples of transportation?AirplaneCarTrainMetroBoat
9What is population? The population of Virginia is 7,642,884! A population is the number of people living in a community.What is the population of our class?
10What is a place where people live, work, and play? ClimateCommunityPopulationTransportation
112. The number of people who live in a town is the town’s- F. CommunityG. EnvironmentH. PopulationJ. Climate
123. How do American’s help their community? Wearing the same clothesGoing to schoolShowing the flagBeing a good citizen
134. _______is when it’s okay for people to be different. F. ClimateG. CommunityH. PopulationJ. Diversity
145. Where a person or their family is from is their ___ ClimateCommunityEthnic OriginDiversity
156. The Fourth of July is an example of a ____ F. Custom and TraditionG. CommunityH. PopulationJ. Transportation
167. A way of moving people and things from one place to another is___. ClimateCommunityPopulationTransportation