We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNathaniel Miller
Modified over 3 years ago
Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part ITwenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part I
Twenty Questions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
1. Label the physiographic provinces of Virginia.Piedmont 4 Coastal Plain 5 Valley & Ridge 2 Appalachian Plateau 1 3 Blue Ridge
2. The Coastal Plain is made up of __________ that are in the process of eroding from the Appalachian Mountains. Sediments
3. Which province is a gently sloping surface in Eastern Virginia?Coastal Plain
4. What is the highest elevation of the Coastal plain?300 feet
5. What are the types of rocks located in the Coastal Plain?Sediment
6. What are the ages of rocks located in the Coastal Plain?0-225 mya
7. What are two important mineral resources located in the Coastal Plain?Sand Gravel
8. What types of fossils are found in the Coastal Plain?Sea critters Dinosaur fossils
9. Define Fall Line. Area where the Coastal Plain meets the Piedmont
10. Why are the major cities located on the Fall Line?Changes in the rivers
11. Which province is a gently rolling area with hills and valleys?Piedmont
12. Where does the Piedmont Province get is name?Foot of mountains
13. An episode of ________ created the rocks in the Piedmont.Subduction
14. The Piedmont rocks are part of the _____ of the mountains.Roots
15. What are the types of rocks located in the Piedmont?Igneous Metamorphic Some sedimentary
16. What are the ages of rocks located in the Piedmont?mya
17. What types of fossils are found in the Piedmont?None, except for dinosaur tracks
18. Which province is a narrow line of mountains located north of Roanoke, and a broader, upland south of Roanoke? Blue Ridge
19. The Appalachian Mountains are _____ and more ______ than the Rocky Mountains.Older Eroded
20. Which province has the highest mountains in Virginia?Blue Ridge
Twenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part II.
Physiographic Provinces of Virginia
Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Earth Science.
Twenty Questions Subject: Twenty Questions
Geologic Provinces of Virginia A. Appalachian Plateau Southwestern part of VA Rugged, irregular topography Rich in coal and natural gas.
Addition 1’s to 20.
ES5 Rocks Igneous, Sedimentary, Metamorphic. Standard 5a.
Physiographic Provinces. Appalachian Plateau, Blue Ridge, Coastal Plain, Piedmont, Valley & Ridge.
Q: Which region has flat land?
0 - 0.
Virginia Physical Geography
Map of Colonial Virginia. Fall Line The natural border between the coastal Plain (Tidewater) and Piedmont regions, where waterfalls prevent further.
Virginia Geologic Regions. Coastal Plain Youngest Sedimentary rocks Mineral resources: titanium and zirconium Low relief Beaches, swamps, bays, estuaries.
Virginia Physical Geography. The Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Virginia has had a long, complex geologic history, over 1.1 billion years Events.
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
November 1, 2011.
SUBTRACTING INTEGERS 1. CHANGE THE SUBTRACTION SIGN TO ADDITION
Virginia’s Physiographic Provinces Area defined by geologic activity, rock type, and age.
The Five Physiographic Provinces of Virginia. The Five Provinces.
25 seconds left…...
The Five Physiographic Provinces of Virginia
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
Test B, 100 Subtraction Facts
© S Haughton more than 3?
Georgia’s Five Physical Regions 8 th Grade Georgia Studies Mr. Wilson.
Twenty Questions Science Review Chapter 1: Lessons 1 & 2.
NC Geological History Bubble Map You need to make a bubble map using the information provided about North Carolina’s geological history. Be sure to include.
Geographic Regions of Georgia. Blue Ridge Mountains I am located in the Northeastern part of Georgia! I am made up of mountains, ridges, and basins!
ADDING INTEGERS 1. POS. + POS. = POS. 2. NEG. + NEG. = NEG. 3. POS. + NEG. OR NEG. + POS. SUBTRACT TAKE SIGN OF BIGGER ABSOLUTE VALUE.
I have the Potomac River. Who has a city on the Rappahannock River?
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22 Q 3 Q 8 Q 13
Which era are we currently in? Which era is the oldest and longest?
U.S./N.C. Quiz What are the state colors? What is the state capital?
MULTIPLYING MONOMIALS TIMES POLYNOMIALS (DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY)
Virginia Studies SOL Review 4 th Grade. VS.2a Bordering States Mustard With Ketchup Tastes Nasty Maryland West Virginia Kentucky Tennessee North Carolina.
Where is Maryland located? Maryland is located along the Atlantic coast of the United States. It is near the center of those states which border on the.
TWO STEP EQUATIONS 1. SOLVE FOR X 2. DO THE ADDITION STEP FIRST
We will resume in: 25 Minutes.
NC Geological History. Bubble Map You need to make a bubble map using the information provided about North Carolina’s geological history. Be sure to include.
By D. Fisher Geometric Transformations. Reflection, Rotation, or Translation 1.
Past Tense Probe. Past Tense Probe Past Tense Probe – Practice 1.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.