We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNathaniel Miller
Modified over 2 years ago
Twenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part I
1. Label the physiographic provinces of Virginia. Appalachian Plateau Valley & Ridge Blue Ridge Piedmont Coastal Plain
2. The Coastal Plain is made up of __________ that are in the process of eroding from the Appalachian Mountains. Sediments
3. Which province is a gently sloping surface in Eastern Virginia? Coastal Plain
4. What is the highest elevation of the Coastal plain? 300 feet
5. What are the types of rocks located in the Coastal Plain? Sediment
6. What are the ages of rocks located in the Coastal Plain? mya
7. What are two important mineral resources located in the Coastal Plain? Sand Gravel
8. What types of fossils are found in the Coastal Plain? Sea critters Dinosaur fossils
9. Define Fall Line. Area where the Coastal Plain meets the Piedmont
10. Why are the major cities located on the Fall Line? Changes in the rivers
11. Which province is a gently rolling area with hills and valleys? Piedmont
12. Where does the Piedmont Province get is name? Foot of mountains
13. An episode of ________ created the rocks in the Piedmont. Subduction
14. The Piedmont rocks are part of the _____ of the mountains. Roots
15. What are the types of rocks located in the Piedmont? Igneous Metamorphic Some sedimentary
16. What are the ages of rocks located in the Piedmont? mya
17. What types of fossils are found in the Piedmont? None, except for dinosaur tracks
18. Which province is a narrow line of mountains located north of Roanoke, and a broader, upland south of Roanoke? Blue Ridge
19. The Appalachian Mountains are _____ and more ______ than the Rocky Mountains. Older Eroded
20. Which province has the highest mountains in Virginia? Blue Ridge
Twenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part II.
Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Earth Science Deborah Bowyer, ITRT.
Q: Which region has flat land? A: Coastal Plain. Geography & Regions.
Twenty Questions Subject: Twenty Questions
The Five Physiographic Provinces of Virginia. The Five Provinces.
1.How do the rocks of the crust and lithosphere compare? Rocks in the crust are less dense and made mainly of granite. The rocks in the lithosphere are.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 2 Q 3 Q 4 Q 5 Q 6Q 16Q 11Q 21 Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 8Q 13Q 18 Q 23 Q 9 Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy U. S. Geography.
VA Studies: Geography Powerpoint Created by Carrie Reed Facts from the VA Pacing Guide.
East Or West Under the Surface 100 Once Alive Fun Facts Provinces 500 F F.
Click to Continue Developed by Mrs. Seger Clover Hill Elementary September 2003.
LANDFORM REGIONS IN CANADA Classroom Notes and Descriptions.
Created by Tammy Davis Tidewater Region Piedmont Region Ridge & Valley Region Allegheny Plateau.
LET'S INVESTIGATE....THE ROCKS AND SEDIMENTS OF DELAWARE.
Tidewater Region Piedmont Region Blue Ridge Mountain Region Valley and Ridge Region Appalachian Plateau Region Jeopardy!
Powerpoint Jeopardy Category 1Category 2Category 3Category 4Category
Good Afternoon Have your notebook out and something to write with Have everything else off your desk.
Cornell Note-taking (Two Column Notes) Step 3: Record During lesson, take notes here to record the details relating to the main idea. Skip lines to end.
Where is NJ New Jersey’s Natural Regions Climate & Resources The Lenape
Richmond is our Virginia State Capital Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and North Carolina surround Virginia.
To Next Slide Unit 6 Chapter 12 Lesson 1 Mountains Old and New 20 Questions!
THIS IS With Hosts... Your Geographic Regions of GA Geography Terms GA’s 7 Wonders Hodge Podge Georgia’s Climate Hodge Podge II.
South Carolina Landform Regions (and facts about Landforms) SC.
Different Landforms By Jena Carroll. Types of Landforms 1. Mountain6. Lake 2. Valley7. Ocean 3. Plain8. Coast 4. Plateau9. Desert 5. Island 10. River.
Twenty Questions Subject: CVS SYSTEM PART II Twenty Questions
Unit 1 Geography Georgia Performance Standard (GPS) SS8G1: The student will describe Georgia with regard to physical features and location.
Weathering, Erosion and Deposition The test is to recognize the mistake, admit it and correct it. To have tried to do something and failed is vastly better.
Georgia and the American Experience Chapter 1: Where in the World is Georgia? Study Presentation.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.