We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNathaniel Miller
Modified over 4 years ago
Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part ITwenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part I
Twenty Questions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
1. Label the physiographic provinces of Virginia.Piedmont 4 Coastal Plain 5 Valley & Ridge 2 Appalachian Plateau 1 3 Blue Ridge
2. The Coastal Plain is made up of __________ that are in the process of eroding from the Appalachian Mountains. Sediments
3. Which province is a gently sloping surface in Eastern Virginia?Coastal Plain
4. What is the highest elevation of the Coastal plain?300 feet
5. What are the types of rocks located in the Coastal Plain?Sediment
6. What are the ages of rocks located in the Coastal Plain?0-225 mya
7. What are two important mineral resources located in the Coastal Plain?Sand Gravel
8. What types of fossils are found in the Coastal Plain?Sea critters Dinosaur fossils
9. Define Fall Line. Area where the Coastal Plain meets the Piedmont
10. Why are the major cities located on the Fall Line?Changes in the rivers
11. Which province is a gently rolling area with hills and valleys?Piedmont
12. Where does the Piedmont Province get is name?Foot of mountains
13. An episode of ________ created the rocks in the Piedmont.Subduction
14. The Piedmont rocks are part of the _____ of the mountains.Roots
15. What are the types of rocks located in the Piedmont?Igneous Metamorphic Some sedimentary
16. What are the ages of rocks located in the Piedmont?mya
17. What types of fossils are found in the Piedmont?None, except for dinosaur tracks
18. Which province is a narrow line of mountains located north of Roanoke, and a broader, upland south of Roanoke? Blue Ridge
19. The Appalachian Mountains are _____ and more ______ than the Rocky Mountains.Older Eroded
20. Which province has the highest mountains in Virginia?Blue Ridge
TWO STEP EQUATIONS 1. SOLVE FOR X 2. DO THE ADDITION STEP FIRST
Earth & Space Science - Chapter 8 Test Review Guide
1 Copyright © 2010, Elsevier Inc. All rights Reserved Fig 2.1 Chapter 2.
By D. Fisher Geometric Transformations. Reflection, Rotation, or Translation 1.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22 Q 3 Q 8 Q 13
Twenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part II.
Jeopardy U. S. Geography Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22
0 - 0.
The Five Physiographic Provinces of Virginia
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
MULTIPLYING MONOMIALS TIMES POLYNOMIALS (DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY)
ADDING INTEGERS 1. POS. + POS. = POS. 2. NEG. + NEG. = NEG. 3. POS. + NEG. OR NEG. + POS. SUBTRACT TAKE SIGN OF BIGGER ABSOLUTE VALUE.
SUBTRACTING INTEGERS 1. CHANGE THE SUBTRACTION SIGN TO ADDITION
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
FACTORING Think Distributive property backwards Work down, Show all steps ax + ay = a(x + y)
© S Haughton more than 3?
© 2019 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.