We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNicholas Gorman
Modified over 4 years ago
Twenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part II
Twenty Questions 12345 678910 1112131415 1617181920
1. Label the physiographic provinces of Virginia. Appalachian Plateau Valley & Ridge Blue Ridge Piedmont Coastal Plain 1 2 3 4 5
2. What is the tallest mountain in Virginia, and what is its elevation? Mount Rogers 5719 Feet
3. _________ occurred during the formation of the Appalachia Mountain. Metamorphosis
4. Igneous and metamorphic rocks are the _______ rocks in Virginia. Oldest
5. What are the types of rocks located in the Blue Ridge? Igneous Metamorphic
6. What are the ages of rocks located in the Blue Ridge? 1 bya-245 mya
7. What types of fossils (if any) are found in the Blue Ridge? None
8. Which province is an area of long, parallel ridges separated by valleys? Valley & Ridge
9. Sections of _______, _______ rocks make up the ridges, while _______, _______ rocks make up the valleys. Hard, resistant Soft, eroded
10. ______ that has eroded leaves caves and caverns (________). Limestone Karst topography
11. ______ and ______ occurred during the formation of the Appalachian Mountains (when N. America collided with Africa and Europe). Folding Faulting
12. The formation of the Appalachian Mountains occurred during the late ________ Era. Paleozoic
13. What are the types of rocks located in the Valley and Ridge? Sediment
14. What are the ages of the rocks located in the Valley and Ridge? 570-320 mya
15. What types of fossils are found in the Valley and Ridge? Sea critters
16. Which province is a series of plateaus separated by faults? Appalachian Plateau
17. The Appalachian Plateau is known for its rich deposits of _____, _____, and _______. Coal Oil Natural Gas
18. What are the types of rocks located in the Appalachian Plateau? Sediment
19. What are the ages of rocks located in the Appalachian Plateau? 360-286 mya
20. What types of fossils are found in the Appalachian Plateau? Trees Ferns Some sea critters
TWO STEP EQUATIONS 1. SOLVE FOR X 2. DO THE ADDITION STEP FIRST
Earth & Space Science - Chapter 8 Test Review Guide
1 Copyright © 2010, Elsevier Inc. All rights Reserved Fig 2.1 Chapter 2.
1 Chapter 40 - Physiology and Pathophysiology of Diuretic Action Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
By D. Fisher Geometric Transformations. Reflection, Rotation, or Translation 1.
Business Transaction Management Software for Application Coordination 1 Business Processes and Coordination.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 6 Q 11 Q 16 Q 21 Q 2 Q 7 Q 12 Q 17 Q 22 Q 3 Q 8 Q 13
Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part I
Subject: CVS SYSTEM PART II
Twenty Questions Subject: CVS SYSTEM Twenty Questions
0 - 0.
The Five Physiographic Provinces of Virginia
East Or West Under the Surface 100 Once Alive Fun Facts Provinces 500 F F.
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
MULTIPLYING MONOMIALS TIMES POLYNOMIALS (DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY)
ADDING INTEGERS 1. POS. + POS. = POS. 2. NEG. + NEG. = NEG. 3. POS. + NEG. OR NEG. + POS. SUBTRACT TAKE SIGN OF BIGGER ABSOLUTE VALUE.
MULTIPLICATION EQUATIONS 1. SOLVE FOR X 3. WHAT EVER YOU DO TO ONE SIDE YOU HAVE TO DO TO THE OTHER 2. DIVIDE BY THE NUMBER IN FRONT OF THE VARIABLE.
SUBTRACTING INTEGERS 1. CHANGE THE SUBTRACTION SIGN TO ADDITION
© 2018 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.