We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byNicholas Gorman
Modified over 2 years ago
Twenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part II
1. Label the physiographic provinces of Virginia. Appalachian Plateau Valley & Ridge Blue Ridge Piedmont Coastal Plain
2. What is the tallest mountain in Virginia, and what is its elevation? Mount Rogers 5719 Feet
3. _________ occurred during the formation of the Appalachia Mountain. Metamorphosis
4. Igneous and metamorphic rocks are the _______ rocks in Virginia. Oldest
5. What are the types of rocks located in the Blue Ridge? Igneous Metamorphic
6. What are the ages of rocks located in the Blue Ridge? 1 bya-245 mya
7. What types of fossils (if any) are found in the Blue Ridge? None
8. Which province is an area of long, parallel ridges separated by valleys? Valley & Ridge
9. Sections of _______, _______ rocks make up the ridges, while _______, _______ rocks make up the valleys. Hard, resistant Soft, eroded
10. ______ that has eroded leaves caves and caverns (________). Limestone Karst topography
11. ______ and ______ occurred during the formation of the Appalachian Mountains (when N. America collided with Africa and Europe). Folding Faulting
12. The formation of the Appalachian Mountains occurred during the late ________ Era. Paleozoic
13. What are the types of rocks located in the Valley and Ridge? Sediment
14. What are the ages of the rocks located in the Valley and Ridge? mya
15. What types of fossils are found in the Valley and Ridge? Sea critters
16. Which province is a series of plateaus separated by faults? Appalachian Plateau
17. The Appalachian Plateau is known for its rich deposits of _____, _____, and _______. Coal Oil Natural Gas
18. What are the types of rocks located in the Appalachian Plateau? Sediment
19. What are the ages of rocks located in the Appalachian Plateau? mya
20. What types of fossils are found in the Appalachian Plateau? Trees Ferns Some sea critters
Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Earth Science Deborah Bowyer, ITRT.
Twenty Questions Subject: Physiographic Provinces of Virginia Part I.
The Five Physiographic Provinces of Virginia. The Five Provinces.
Twenty Questions Subject: Twenty Questions
East Or West Under the Surface 100 Once Alive Fun Facts Provinces 500 F F.
Q: Which region has flat land? A: Coastal Plain. Geography & Regions.
LANDFORM REGIONS IN CANADA Classroom Notes and Descriptions.
1.How do the rocks of the crust and lithosphere compare? Rocks in the crust are less dense and made mainly of granite. The rocks in the lithosphere are.
Twenty Questions Subject: CVS SYSTEM Twenty Questions
Forces that Shape Earth and Geological Time! CGC1D- Canadian Geography.
LET'S INVESTIGATE....THE ROCKS AND SEDIMENTS OF DELAWARE.
Jeopardy Q 1 Q 2 Q 3 Q 4 Q 5 Q 6Q 16Q 11Q 21 Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 8Q 13Q 18 Q 23 Q 9 Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy U. S. Geography.
Addition 1’s to
Addition Facts = = =
ALGEBRAIC EXPRESSIONS Step 1 Write down the question Step 2 Plug in the numbers Step 3 Use PEMDAS Work down, Show all steps.
Twenty Questions Subject: Skeletal Twenty Questions
Twenty Questions Subject: CVS SYSTEM PART II Twenty Questions
Unit 1 Geography Georgia Performance Standard (GPS) SS8G1: The student will describe Georgia with regard to physical features and location.
MULT. INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
From RegentsEarth.com win.
1 T or F - Metamorphic rocks are formed deep in the crust.
Questions originally posted on
Click to Continue Developed by Mrs. Seger Clover Hill Elementary September 2003.
Created by Tammy Davis Tidewater Region Piedmont Region Ridge & Valley Region Allegheny Plateau.
Unit B Vocabulary Howard Middle School Earth Science 6 th grade.
Different Landforms By Jena Carroll. Types of Landforms 1. Mountain6. Lake 2. Valley7. Ocean 3. Plain8. Coast 4. Plateau9. Desert 5. Island 10. River.
DIVIDING INTEGERS 1. IF THE SIGNS ARE THE SAME THE ANSWER IS POSITIVE 2. IF THE SIGNS ARE DIFFERENT THE ANSWER IS NEGATIVE.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.