2Think about what a muscle cell does…or have to do! 1. Compared to a skin cell, a muscle cell is likely to have more —F Golgi bodiesG mitochondriaH cell membranesJ chloroplastsThink about what a muscle cell does…or have to do!
32. A cell with numerous ribosomes is probably specialized for — F enzyme storageG energy productionH cell divisionJ protein synthesisDiagram is not essential…
43. Which of the following organelles is present in both prokaryotes andeukaryotes?A NucleusB RibosomeC Golgi bodyD Endoplasmic reticulum
54. In the cell membrane model shown below, the molecules which move largemolecules into and out of the cell areknown as —A cholesterolB proteinsC lipidsD carbohydrates
65. The eukaryotic organism described above should be classified as — A an animalB a bacteriumC a fungusD a plantPractice POE (process of elimination) on this one…
76. An important difference between viruses and living cells is that viruses — A cannot reproduce outside of cellsB contain more nuclei than cellsC cannot mutate but cells canD need an energy source but cells do not
87. Some organelles have their own DNA that is distinct from the cell’s nuclearDNA. This is true of which organelle?A cell wallB mitochondrionC plasma membraneD vacuole
98. Protein synthesis occurs at which of the structures shown below? Please ask students to identify each structure, I-IV, and state the function. Roman numerals do come up in diagrams.
109. Which cell process will move substances against a concentrationgradient?A diffusionB facilitateddiffusionC osmosisD activetransport
1110. Which of the following is a main function of structure 5? A. to store carbohydrates for later useB. to give the cell a rigid structureC. to package proteins for exportD. to carry out photosynthesis