Presentation on theme: "– Seoul December 06 ERCIM Preparing European proposals Bruno Le Dantec ERCIM EEIG France – Seoul December 2006."— Presentation transcript:
– Seoul December 06 ERCIM Preparing European proposals Bruno Le Dantec ERCIM EEIG France – Seoul December 2006
– Seoul December 06 Proposal Preparation EC implements Framework Programmes (FP) to support research activities. ERCIM Office scans permanently Calls for proposals over a wide scope of domains in line with ERCIM Expertise The good preparation of a proposal is a Key Success Factor. Joint Programme Funding Negotiation Evaluation Submission
– Seoul December 06 Scientific motivation: Ideas, objectives Consortium: Building the project team Positioning: Identifying the appropriate Call Selecting the appropriate Tool Preparation: Writing of the proposal Submission Evaluation Negotiation Contract Signature Steps of Proposal Preparation
– Seoul December 06 Determine your objectives Find an innovative approach Define intermediate results Identify the different components Establish a workplan Scientific motivation: Ideas, objectives
– Seoul December 06 Identify the required expertise to achieve the workplan Find and attract the corresponding partners Gather a critical mass of scientific excellence Ensure good representation of all the stakeholders Find a scientific & an administrative coordinators Identify responsible task leaders Avoid overlap of competencies Stimulate synergies Consortium: Building the project team
– Seoul December 06 FP6 is subdivided in distinct Calls for Proposals. Each Call is covering a given number of research priorities Since the start of FP6, there have been 6 calls for proposals Careful selection of the Call is essential Each Call must be answered within a strict deadline Positioning: Identifying the appropriate Call Unfortunatelly, no more call for FP6 BUT FP7 is coming !!!
– Seoul December 06 Positioning : Selecting the appropriate Tool There are different kinds of project frames to follow in every Call. Integrated Project –Objective driven Networks of Excellence –Exploratory research Specific targeted research projects – Address specific issues Co-ordination action –Joint of common initiatives Specific Support Action –FP6 implementation Calls for proposals will identify –which instruments are to be used, –which have priority …. and for what
– Seoul December 06 Preparation: Writing of the proposal Preparation of the proposal according to strict guidelines and procedures: Description of work, budget, coordination, management, deliverables, reports S&T objectives, socio-economic impact Outline implementation plan for whole duration Detailed implementation plan for first 18 months Justification of resources and budget Ethical and safety issues... The complete quidelines for proposers are available on-line at:
– Seoul December 06 Submission Strict deadline Electronic submission – EC tool Part A: administrative forms Part B: definition of the activities… Wait for evaluation results
– Seoul December 06 Evaluation of the proposal ACCEPTED REJECTED Hearing – IP and NoE Negotiation Final Approval Signature of the contract Hearing and Negotiation ?
– Seoul December 06 After that …
– Seoul December 06 But it pays off… + VITALAS and ECHOGRID (currently under negotiation)