We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byShannon Lee
Modified over 4 years ago
Twenty Questions Atoms and Periodic Table Review
Twenty Questions 12345 678910 1112131415 1617181920
1. What subatomic particles are found in the nucleus of an atom? Protons and Neutrons
Where are electrons found? Electron Cloud
3. Protons have a _____ charge. positive
4.Neutrons have ___ charge. no
5.Electrons have a ____ charge. negative
6.How do you find the atomic mass of an atom? Add the protons and neutron
7.The number of protons in the nucleus is the ____ of an atom. Atomic number
8.What is the mass number of an atom that has 4 protons, 4 electrons, and 3 neutrons. 7
9. An atom has no overall charge because it has equal number of __ and ___. Protons and electrons
10.How many protons does an atom with an atomic number of 23 and a mass number of 51 have? 23
11. What determines the identity of an element? Atomic number
12. Isotopes exist because atoms of the same element can have different number of ___. neutrons
13. What is the significance of the zigzag line on the periodic table? It divides the metals from the nonmetals.
14. You find metals on the ___ of the zigzag line. left
15. You find nonmetals on the ___ of the zigzag line. right
16. Rows that run horizontally are called___ periods
17. Columns that run vertically are called___. Groups or families
18. The ___ corresponds to the number of energy levels an atom has. Period number
19. Elements in the same ___ share similar properties. Group or family
20. How many valence electrons does an atom of the element have that is in group 18 have? 8.
What’s that again?? VOCAB Review time!
The Periodic Table. Describing the Periodic Table Elements are only made up of one type of atom. Groups/Families –18 vertical columns, each column is.
Inside an Atom. The Atom As A Model Structure of an Atom Atoms consist of protons, electron, and neutrons Atoms consist of protons, electron, and neutrons.
Unit 2 Chemistry.
Atomic Mass & Number Isotopes The Periodic Table.
Atoms and the Periodic Table
Properties of Atoms and the Periodic Table
Welcome to Jeopardy. Atoms Periodic Table FamiliesElementsTerms
Atomic Structure & Periodic Table. Atoms The smallest part of an element any smaller and it is no longer that element! There is a different atom for each.
ATOMIC STRUCTURE Inside the NUCLEUS ELECTRONS Subatomic PARTICLES Calculations Make it Stable! Periodic Table $100 $200 $300 $400 $500 $100 $200 $300.
Looking for Patterns in Chemical Reactivity. Elements and Compounds An element is a pure substance that cannon be broken down into simpler substances.
Periodic Table Review 1. Atoms in GROUPS/FAMILIES have similar ______________________. A. Atomic numbers B. Masses C. Properties D. Numbers of energy.
Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table. Early Models of the Atom Dalton’s Atomic Theory - All elements are composed of atoms - All elements are composed.
2.3 Classifying Elements with the Periodic table (6.3 pg )
Hosted by Your 8 th Grade Science Teacher! AtomsElements Periodic Table Anything Goes
The Periodic Table The periodic table is a list of all the known elements arranged in Groups and Periods All the elements on the LHS are metals – RHS.
GHSGT SCIENCE REVIEW. What’s the test over? 25% - Cells and Heredity 17% - Ecology 26% - Structure and Properties of Matter 16% - Energy Transformations.
Metal, Nonmetals, Metalloids
Atoms and Molecules Atom is smallest particle that can be identified as a particular substance. Molecule is two or more atoms bonded to each other.
© 2019 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.