We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
supports HTML5 video
Published byAshlynn Parks
Modified over 4 years ago
Properties of Atoms and the Periodic TableGeneral Science Study Guide
True/False for numbers 1-20True/False for numbers If it false, please supply the correct answer The central core of an atom is called the hub. atom
2. The chart showing the classifications of elements according to their properties and increasing atomic numbers is called the periodic table.
3. The mass of an electron is about equal to the mass of a proton.neutron
4. Elements arrange in vertical columns in the periodic table are called periods.Groups or families
5. The region around the nucleus occupied by the electrons is called the negative zone.cloud
6. The symbol for chlorine is C.Cl
7. The maximum number of electrons in the second energy level of an atoms is 48
8. Two isotopes of carbon are carbon-12 and carbon-148. Two isotopes of carbon are carbon-12 and carbon-14. These isotopes differ from one another by two electrons. neutrons
9. Nonmetals are poor conductors of heat and electricity.
10. Seven electrons in the outermost energy level is characteristic of a metal.nonmetal
11. Quarks can be produced by bombarding protons with protons.
12. The number of protons in an atom is called the atomic mass.
13. The sum of the number of protons and the number of neutrons in an atoms if the mass number.
14. The weighted average of the mass numbers of all the isotopes that occur in nature for a particular element is the average atomic number. Atomic mass
15. A diagram showing only outer energy level electrons is called a(n) periodic table.dot diagram
16. Elements having three or fewer electrons in the outer energy level are classified as nonmetals.
17. The atomic masses of the elements are not whole value numbers because of the existence of quarks. isotopes
18. The identify of an element is determined by the number of protons.
19. According to present atomic theory, the location of an electron in an atom is best represented by a probability cloud.
20. As you move from left to right in a row of the periodic table, metallic properties increase.decrease
21. Each energy level of an atom has a maximum number of _____ it can hold.electrons
22. Dot diagrams are used to represent.Outer electrons
23. Particles of matter that make up protons and neutrons are ________.quarks
24. A chemical symbol represents the _____ of an element.name
25. Horizontal rows of the periodic table are called _______.periods
26. Atoms of the same element with different numbers of neutrons are called________.isotopes
27. A particle that moves around the nucleus is a(n)electron
28. Elements in groups 3 through 12 are called _____.Transition elements
29. The ____ is used to accelerate protons in the study of subatomic particles.Tevatron
30. A certain atom has 26 protons, 26 electrons, and 30 neutrons30. A certain atom has 26 protons, 26 electrons, and 30 neutrons. Its mass number is ____ 56 protons + neutrons
5 points Explain why the elements in group 18 are stable.The atoms in Group 18, except helium, have outer energy levels that contain eight electrons.
Chapter 1 Bingo Review Chemistry of Matter.
The Periodic Table. Atomic Structure Nucleus- center of an atom -contains protons - which are positive -contains neutrons- which are neutral Electrons.
2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt 2pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt Vocabulary Atom Structure Atoms And.
Atomic Structure Nucleus – contains protons and neutrons
Structure of an Atom. What Is an Atom? An atom is often referred to as the building block of matter. Atoms have a nucleus surrounded by an electron cloud.
The Periodic Table of The Elements
Atoms and the Periodic Table
Atoms Atoms are the building blocks for the whole Universe.
Looking for Patterns in Chemical Reactivity. Elements and Compounds An element is a pure substance that cannon be broken down into simpler substances.
Chapter 19 – Properties of Atoms & the Periodic Table
The Structure of an Atom
Properties Are Used to Identify Matter
1 Introduction to Chemistry Bio-Chemistry “The Chemistry of Life”
The Periodic Table The periodic table is a list of all the known elements arranged in Groups and Periods All the elements on the LHS are metals – RHS.
Chapter 17: Properties of Atoms and the Periodic Table
The Simplest Matter.
Atoms and Elements Notes.
Properties of Atoms and the Periodic Table
Twenty Questions Atoms and Periodic Table Review.
ATOMS Basic building blocks of matter. –Atoms make up everything (that has mass and takes up space).
© 2020 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.