review the new words evidence n. clue n. gun n. fingerprint n. confirm v. guilty a. bright a.
Find out New words: 1.prove to be true 2.information that may help solve a crime 3.fight 4.has done sth. wrong 5.lose or give out blood 6.person who sees sth. happen confirm clues struggle guilty bleed witness
1.When did the murder take place? Between 9 oclock yesterday evening and 1 oclock today. 2. Where did they find the victim? In the doorway of a clothes shop in Valley Town. Questions for the first reading:
3. How old is the victim? He is a 22-year-old man. 4. What does the victim do?/Whats his job? He is a computer programmer.
5. Who was Detective Lu? He was Valley Towns top detective. 6. How was the victim attacked? He was attacked with a knife.
1.What was the victim charged with? He was charged with breaking into several computer systems. 2.Why was the only suspect suspicious( )? Because he was seen running down Upper Street at 10 p.m. yesterday and he was breathing heavily and had blood on his shirt. Questions for the second reading:
3.What does the suspect look like? The suspect is a short thin man. 4.How to contact the police? Anyone with information can contact the police on 55501212.
5. Who is the murderer? Why? We dont know. Maybe the suspect is a short thin man. However, the suspect had evidence to prove that he was at another place at the time of the crime and insisted that he was not guilty.
6. Where did the murder happen? Why? We dont know. Because police are not sure whether the victim was killed somewhere else and then brought to Valley Town, or killed at the place where he was found.
1. The victims body was found in Valley Town. 2. The victim sold computer programs. 3. The victim worked in New Town. 4. It is possible that there was more than one attacker. 5. The police know that the victim had lots of enemies. T F T T F T or F
6. The police have one suspect so far. 7. The suspect is a short, fat man. 8. The police have arrested the murderer. 9. The victims parents offered a reward for information. T F F T
Information about victim Name Job PlaceFound: Murdering: TimeFound: Murdering: Possible reasons Further information
Information about suspect Male or female Appearance Be seen in (Place) (Time) Reason for being suspected Reward Contact the police on