Walking in the street, I met an old friend. Seeing the teacher entering the room, the students stood up. Having heard the news, he jumped with joy. Having finished all my letters, I had a drink and went out.
( As I was excited, I couldnt go to sleep. Since you are a student, you should study hard. Because they didnt know the way, they bought a map. As I had not received his reply, I wrote him again. Being excited, I couldnt go to sleep. Being a student, you should study hard. Not knowing the way, they bought a map. Not having received his reply, I wrote him again.
He sat on the sofa and watched TV. The students stood there and surrounded the teacher. Laughing and talking, they went into the classroom. He sat on the sofa, watching TV. The students stood there, surrounding the teacher.
Using your head, you will find a way. Losing heart, you will not find a way to overcome the difficulty. Walking ahead, you will see the school. Being in better condition, we were sure to win.
Her mother died in 1990, leaving her with her younger brother. The song is sung all over the country, making it the most popular song.
: 1.Generally speaking, boys are more interested in such activities than girls. 2. Judging from her accent, she is from the USA. ……
3.Talking of Jim, have you heard that hes getting married? 4.Considering how poor he was, we decided to let him attend the concert for free.
Consolidation 1. ________ (hear) the good news, she couldnt help singing. 2. _____ (be) a League member, I should be strict with myself in everything. 3. ________ (enter) the kitchen, she found the broken bowls lying on the ground. Hearing Being Entering
4. ________ (work) in his small room in the prison, he made four pairs of shoes every day. 5. ___________ (not know) how to repair it, he asked me for advice. 6. _________ (not do) the work successfully, we tried it once more. Working Not knowing Not doing
7. _____________ (write) carelessly, he made a lot of mistakes in his exercise. 8. ___________ (live) in London for many years, she could speak very good English. Having written Having lived
Choose the best answers. 1. ____the house on fire, he dialed 119. A. To see B. Seeing C. Having seen D. Being seen 2. I fell down and broke two of my teeth. I wonder how many times I have to come here and get my false teeth____. A. fix B. fixing C. fixed D. to fix
3. We re ___ to listen to her ___ voice. It s ___ to hear her sing. A. pleased; pleasing; pleasure B. pleased; pleasant; a pleasure C. pleasing; pleased; a pleasure D. pleasing; pleasant; pleasure
4. ____a post office, I stopped ___ some stamps. A. Passed, buying B. Passing, to buy C. Having passed, buy D. Pass, to buy
5. ___ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not seem high at all. A. Comparing B. To compare C. Compared D. Having compared
6. Here are some new computer programs ____for home buildings. A. designing B. design C. designed D. to design 7. _____a little money, Jimmy was able to buy his mother a lovely new lamp. A. To save B. Saving C. Saved D. Having saved
8. The teacher came into the classroom _____ by his students. A. following B. to be following C. followed D. having followed 9. With the money_____, he couldnt buy any ticket. A. to lose B. losing C. lost D. has lost
10. There was so much noise in the room that the speaker couldn't make himself ____. A. being heard B. hearing C. heard D. hear 11. The result of the test was rather___. A. disappointed B. disappointing C. being disappointed D. disappoint
1.Weather permitting, well have an outing tomorrow.,. 2.The teacher being absent, the students study as hard as usual in the classroom.
Time permitting, I will finish another lesson. = If time permits, I will… Time permitting,