Presentation on theme: "Getting started on informaworld™ How do I register my institution with informaworld™? How is my institution’s online access activated? What do I do if."— Presentation transcript:
Getting started on informaworld™ How do I register my institution with informaworld™? How is my institution’s online access activated? What do I do if I forget my password? How do I subscribe to a specific journal? Managing your institutional account with informaworld™ How do I update my account details? How do I incorporate my library’s logo to the informaworld™ website? How do I register my Athens details? How do I register and upload my link resolver? How do I provide authentication details? How do I link to informaworld™ ?How do I link to informaworld™ ? How do I download COUNTER compliant usage reports for: Journals Abstract Databases, eBooks and Encyclopaedias?How do I download COUNTER compliant usage reports for: Journals Abstract Databases, eBooks and Encyclopaedias? How do I view & download a list of subscribed titles? informaworld™ features How do I view a book chapter, a journal or an encyclopaedia article? How do I conduct a quick search? How do I browse by subject? How do I browse by publication? How do I browse by author? How do I browse by subject area? How do I conduct an advanced search? How do I save searches? How do I create publication lists? What alerting services are available to me? How do I manage my alerts? Who do I contact with any questions or for further support? Table of Contents
Many institutions are already registered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check whether your institution is registered before creating a new account. email@example.com 2. Choose Institutional Registration. How do I register my institution with informaworld ? 1. Click on Register. 3. Complete the online form with your details. Next
4. You will receive an email with a summary of your account details. 5. Click on the activation link in the email to complete the registration. Back to Menu
How is my institution’s online access activated? Once your subscription order for an electronic resource has been processed, your library account administrator will receive notification by email and you will automatically have access to your subscription via informaworld . 1. Once you have access to informaworld , it will be possible to manage your subscriptions by clicking here. How is my institution’s online access activated? 1. Once you have access to informaworld , it will be possible to manage your subscriptions by clicking here. 2. Click on a subscription to access the journals
What do I do if I forget my password? 1.Go to the informaworld webpage and click on Sign In. 2. Click on the Forgotten Password link. Next
4. You will receive an email providing you with a reminder of your current Username and Password. Back to Menu 3. Type in your email address and/or your username.
How do I subscribe to a specific journal? Once registered you can: 1. Search for the journal to which you wish to subscribe. 2. Click on the Subscribe tab. You can now purchase your subscription and have full access to its content. Next
3. Choose the pricing option that suits you and select Buy Now. 4. You will automatically be redirected to a secure server where you can make payment. 5. Fill in your credit card details. Next
6. Click on Complete Purchase to confirm your order. Back to menu
How do I update my account details? Your details are available to update at any time, along with your alerts, marked lists and saved searches. 1. Log onto My Account. 2. Click on Edit Details. Next
4. Save your changes. Click on the Update Account button. 3. Make your changes. E.g. a new email address, etc. Back to Menu
How do I incorporate my library’s logo onto the informaworld website? 1. Go to Edit details in the My Account section. 2. You will see your account details. Scroll down to the Branding section. 3. Enter your institution’s URL: E.g. http://www.mylibrary.com/ 4. Finally, enter your website logo URL: e.g. http://www.mylibrary.com/images/librarylogo.jpg Now each time you log in, your institution's logo will appear, customising your account. Back to Menu Please note: You will need to be signed into your account in order to do this.
2. Locate the Athens section on the registration form. 4. Enter your Athens Username & Password on this new webpage. 3. Click on the Look up Athens codes link, a new web page will appear on screen. Back to Menu The Athens code for your institution will be added to your account and you will receive an email from Athens who will confirm your details after activating and verifying your informaworld account. How do I register my Athens details? 1. Go to Edit Details in My Account You must be signed in first
How do I register and upload my link resolver? 2. Scroll down to locate the Link Resolver section. 2. Enter your selection in the Server Prefix box. E.g.: http://www.mysite.com/sfxserver?openurl= Now your users will be shown your preferred locations for referenced articles. Back to Menu 1. Go to Edit Details in My Account
You will receive an email to confirm that your changes have been verified. 2. Any existing IP addresses will be shown here. 3. Add your new IP addresses here. Back to Menu 4. Click Create Profile. How do I provide authentication details? 1. Go to Edit Logins in the My Account section Please note: You will need to be signed into your account in order to do this.
How do I link to informaworld™? It is possible for you link to publications, journal issues and supplements, articles and chapters and recommendations on informaworld . For more information about linking options and how to set up open urls, please visit: www.informaworld.com/librarians_linkinginfo www.informaworld.com/librarians_linkinginfo Back to Menu
How do I download COUNTER-compliant usage reports for: Journals, Abstract Databases, eBooks and Encyclopaedias? 1. Go to My Account. Click on the Reports tab to download the different user statistics reports. 2. The reports can be delivered in HTML on screen or as a CSV download. Report Statistics Back to Menu
Next How do I view & download a list of subscribed titles? 1. Log onto your Account. 2. Go to the Subscriptions tab.
The report will be downloaded displaying open urls to help update your library OPAC. The report will be downloaded displaying open urls to help update your library OPAC. Back to Menu 3. Your list of subscriptions will appear automatically and it will be possible to view your access entitlements. You can choose how you want to see your subscriptions: by status, or media type. 4. Click here to download reports as html or as csv.
How do I view a book chapter, a journal article or an encyclopedia article? 1.Choose your article or chapter. Next If you subscribe to an e- book, encyclopaedia or journals, icons will indicate that you can view the item as a PDF or HTML.
3. Click on the PDF icon, download and view your article as a PDF. Back to Menu 4.Click on the HTML icon. The item will be displayed as HTML.
1. Type in your keyword here. How do I conduct a quick search? 2. To search by a specific component, simply select one of the options listed in the drop down menu. Back to Menu
3. Once you have added your search criteria, press GO. 4. Select your item from the results displayed Back to Menu
How do I browse by subject? Back to Menu 1. Go to the Browse Subjects section. 2. Select your subject and click the drop down menu to view all contents within that category. 3. Click here to visit the subject feature page.
How do I browse by publication? 1. Go to the Browse Publications section. 3. Use our A-Z system to facilitate your search. Next 2. Select one of the following; eBooks, Journals, Abstract Databases, etc.
Select the first two initials of the title you are looking for, e.g.: “An”, if you are looking for Anthropological Forum. 4. A list of all publications beginning with the letters “An” will appear on screen. Back to Menu
2. Use our A-Z system to facilitate your search by author. 3. Select the author and click on the content displayed: book chapter, encyclopedia entry, etc. 1. Click on the Authors Tab. How do I browse by author? Back to Menu
2. Click on Go. The subject page of your choice will then be displayed. 1. Go to Explore and select one of the subject areas listed in the drop down menu. Back to Menu How do I browse by subject area?
How do I conduct an advanced search? 1.To conduct an advanced search, go to the Advanced Search option on your main menu. 2. There are 3 advanced searching tabs. Clicking on Advanced Search provides you with a range of searching options including: Advanced Search, Citation Search and Cross Reference Search. Next Please note that the advanced search is for articles rather than publications
1)Advanced Search: Search by keywords in articles, authors, publication names and/or types of publications. It is also possible to search by article/chapter title, author, DOI, full text, keyword(s), publication name, ISSN or ISBN. There are further search options for our range of abstract databases. 2) Citation Search: Find an article based on its citation details. Next
3) Cross reference: Find results for Taylor & Francis publications as well as those from other selected publisher members of CrossRef. The search is powered by Google. 4. This tab helps you keep track of your recent searches. Back to Menu
1. The search will show you all articles and publications matching your criteria. You can either select all the options or just choose one article. Click on Save this Search. 2. You will have the option of receiving a weekly email alert displaying your results. Back to Menu 3. Click on Create. How do I save searches? Please note you need to be signed into your account to do this
How do I create publication lists? 1. Choose the journal, article, abstract, etc. and click the Mark check box. 2. Return to My Account. Next Please note: You will need to be signed into your account in order to do this.
3. Click on My Marked Lists. The titles and number of items added will be displayed here. 4. View the titles added to your list here. Back to Menu
What alerting services are available to me? New Issue Alerts: New issues of marked journals within your subject areas will generate an alert. Publication Alerts: New publications within your marked subject areas will generate an alert. Citation Alerts: New citations of your marked article chapters or records will generate an alert. eBook Series Alerts: New eBooks in your marked series will generate an alert. iFirst alerts: Receive alerts on new articles in your field once they have been accepted for publication. Database Alerts: New records added to your marked databases will generate an alert. Reference Work Alerts: New records added to your marked reference works will generate an alert. Search Alerts: Displays your saved searches. Back to Menu
How do I manage my alerts? 1.Choose a publication or article, and click on the Alert icon. Next Please note: You will need to be signed into your account in order to do this.
2. Select the type of Alert you are interested in, e.g. New Issue Alert. Next
6. Use the left hand menu to view other alerts. 3. Click on View Alerts for an overview of all previously created alerts. Back to Menu 4. Click on the links to view new issue alerts. 5. Indicate whether you would like to be sent emails for these alerts here
Any Questions? Further Support? Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org Back to Menu