Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byGervais Warren Modified over 7 years ago
* Expand our fitness vocabulary * Describe the process of weight gain, weight loss and maintaining your weight * Calculate your B.M.I.
* We are going to take a poll of the number of people we know who are trying to lose weight, gain weight or maintain their current weight.
* Heart disease (atherosclerosis) * High blood pressure * Diabetes * Loss of energy * Low self esteem
* A unit of heat used to measure the amount of energy in food. * We consume food and beverages that contains calories * Those calories are used for energy
* Control your calories * Exercise * Too many calories = weight gain * Not enough calories = weight loss
* Expend more calories than taken in = weight loss * Consume more calories than energy expended = weight gain * If you diet, you must eat. * Food gives your body the energy to burn fat
* Underweight- weighing less than the healthy weight for a persons sex and body type * Overweight- weighing more than the healthy weight for a persons sex and body type * Obese- excessive body fat. Too much fat in the body
700 X Weight _____________ Height in inches ______________ Height in inches 700 X weight, divided by height in inches, divided by height in inches
* 18 = underweight * 18-25 = average * 25-30 = overweight * 30 = obese
* Are you happy with yourself? * Do you eat properly? * Do you exercise?
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.