Presentation on theme: "By: Katelyn Sauls, Rejine Spivey, Jackie Clogan, Victoria Peterson, and Esther Kicito."— Presentation transcript:
By: Katelyn Sauls, Rejine Spivey, Jackie Clogan, Victoria Peterson, and Esther Kicito
* Location of filming: Republic of Karelia * The Taiga biome is located in the following places: Canada, Europe, Asia, Alaska, Scandinavia, and Russia
* Rainfall per year:12 inches * Temperature Range: Summer 30-70°; Winter - 65 – 30° * Shelter Expectations: a loft built from wood with leaf roofing * Concerns: Logging issues, plant, and animal harm, temperature
Typical Flora: Balsam Fir, Black Spruce, Douglas Fir, Eastern Red Cedar, Jack Pine, Paper Birch, Siberian Spruce, White Fir, White Poplar, White Spruce
* American Black bear, Bald Eagle, Bobcats, Canadian Lynx, Grey Wolf, Grizzly Bear, Long- Eared Owl, Red Fox, River Otter, Snowshoe Rabbit, and Wolverines
* Contestants-Elk, Deer, Mice, Rabbits, leaves, plants, and Squirrels * Adaptions- Camouflage, Thick Fur, Hibernation, evergreens have long needles
* Organism threats- Grizzly Bears, Black Bears, Bobcats, Canadian Lynx * Defense against animals- Contestants may carry around a bottle of pepper spray to use as defense. But if used against another contestant you will be kicked out of the survivor games.
* Logging is a huge problem in the Taiga biome. Current conservation efforts ate being made to put an end to logging all over Taiga. In the future, Conservation efforts are in the process of being made to make more wild life conservation parks, and make logging illegal in all of Taiga.