Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAugust Bailey Modified over 8 years ago
DO YOU KNOW LONDON?
1. London is the capital of a) Spain b) Great Britain c) Italy
2. London is situated on the river a) Volga b) Avon c) Thame s
3. The symbol of England is a) Westminster Abbey b)The Houses of Parliament c) Big Ben
4.The symbol of London is a)The Houses of Parliament b) Westminster Abbey c) Big Ben
5. Big Ben is a) a bell b) a clock c) a tower
6. British Parliament sits in a) Westminster Abbey b) The Houses of Parliament c) The Tower
7. St. Paul ‘s Cathedral is a) a church b) a fortress c) a museum
8. There are a) 6 b) 8 c) 10 Royal Parks in and around London
9.The biggest park in London is a) Hyde Park b) Regent’s Park c) Green Park
10. The oldest park in London is a) Regent’s Park b) Hyde Park c) St. James’s Park
11. You can see the statue of Peter Pan in a) Green park b) Kensington Gardens c) St. James’s Park
12. There is a place called Speaker’s Corner in a) Victoria Park b) Hyde Park c) Green Park
13. The London Zoo is situated in a) Richmond Park b) Regent’s Park c) Kensington Gardens
14. The Tower of London now is a) a prison b) a museum c) the Zoo
1 5. You can spend a) 40 minutes b) 30 minutes c) 20 minutes on the London Eye
1 6. If you would like to meet Mr Holmes and Dr Watson, visit the museum in a) Oxford Street b) Baker Street c) Piccadilly Circus
1 7.Which of the museums is famous for its exhibition of dinosaur skeletons: a) The Natural History Museum b) Science Museum c) Madame Tussaud’s
Trafalgar Square is situated in the centre of 1)… But it is well-known all over the world. The square is famous for Nelson’s 2)…. There are 3)…..lions at the bottom of the column. There are two 4) … in Trafalgar Square. Trafalgar Square is always full of 5)….. They took 6)….and enjoy the 7)….In December there is a colourful 8)… in the centre of the square. People of 9)…. send Londoners the beautiful tree as a present every year.
1. London is the capital of the UK.___ 2. Buckingham Palace is the official residence of the Queen in London.__ 3. Londoners love their parks and gardens.___ 4. The London Eye is situated on the river Avon.__ 5. The Science Museum is worth visiting because it is famous for its big collections.__ 6. The British Museum has a big collection of old maps and manuscripts.___ 7. London was home to the Olympic Games in 2014.___
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc.
All rights reserved.