Presentation on theme: "ITS Customer Work Request & Triage Process. Work Request & Triage Process – what is it? Some new terminology: Work Request: A request for support from."— Presentation transcript:
ITS Customer Work Request & Triage Process
Work Request & Triage Process – what is it? Some new terminology: Work Request: A request for support from ITS with a defined end result or deliverable “Support” is an action or service ITS provides to help the RIT community. Some examples are: creating or deleting accounts to access applications/systems, changing or requesting phone setup, changes to web pages or applications or setting up a new pc or laptop Triage: The distribution of the Work Request to the appropriate ITS resource so the request can be fulfilled Note: A Work Request is not for immediate or urgent issues. If you have an issue that needs immediate attention contact the Service Desk directly.
Work Request & Triage Process – what is it? This new process: is the result of a collaborative effort between ITS, Human Resources, Student Affairs, FMS and Campus IT provides a single location for customers to request work from ITS improves the solicitation and provision of information and details necessary to fulfill the request is designed to directly send the Work Requests to: The right ITS contact as the first contact The ITS area closest to the work being requested
Work Request Types Account Management (Access) Application Business Services Computer/Mobile Device Database Data Transfers & Scheduling Management Facility & Security Fileshare Inventory & Audit Lab Services Network Print management Server Management Telecommunication Training Web
How to Submit an ITS Work Request ITS Work Request Home Page: https://www.rit.edu/its/requestshttps://www.rit.edu/its/requests Select the correct work request type Login with RIT username and password If you do not have an RIT username and password, contact the ITS Service Desk at HELP
1. ITS Work Request Homepage These are only the first few Work Requests types. There are seventeen total on the homepage, listed in alphabetical order.
2. Select Work Request Type
3. Log in using RIT Username and Password
Note: Your account name is identified on the page and is used as the contact for the process and ultimately the footprint ticket generated.
4. Complete fields in Work Request and 5. Submit Request
6. Provide Feedback After submitting the request, you will see a link to provide your feedback. Please provide constructive feedback on the process and potential improvements.
7. Behind the Scenes: Automatic Triage Behind the scenes, a footprint ticket is generated and automatically assigned directly to the team responsible for getting the work completed (Initial Recipients).