Presentation on theme: "Introducing: The Magic Doorman “Convenience & Safety for Homeowners”"— Presentation transcript:
Introducing: The Magic Doorman “Convenience & Safety for Homeowners”
– 2 – Presentation Agenda Executive Summary How The Magic Doorman Works Value Proposition Marketing Strategy Partnering with Nottingham-Spirk
– 3 – The Magic Doorman can be a $100 million, mass market product –Mass market strategy –Educated consumers –$39.99 MSRP–Product / market development opportunities abound Executive Summary Partnering with Nottingham-Spirk will afford us the battery, motor, and assembly capabilities we need to ensure our cost advantage. The Magic Doorman is an RF-based, remote door opener that provides unmatched convenience and safety to mass-market homeowners worldwide –Keyless access at home –Built-in safety alarm –Retrofit application –Door / bolt option –Easy to install –Cost effective High-end competitors exist, but the Magic Doorman will win on cost –$120+ niche products –Unattainable for masses –Difficult to install –Limited safety –Magic Doorman: $10.00 COGS We need $1 million in seed money to fund our production process –Plastic molds & design–Working capital–“Jockey” salary
– 4 – How The Magic Doorman Works See our demo! TO MOUNT DEVICE ON A DOORKNOB… AFFIX PLATE BEHIND DOORKNOB… ATTACH MOTOR TO PLATE… HOOD HAS BUTTON FOR DOOR BUZZER. AFFIX HOOD TO ASSEMBLY… ATTACH CAP TO TOP OF KNOB…
– 5 – How The Magic Doorman Works Deadbolts, too! TO MOUNT DEVICE ON A DEADBOLT… MOUNT PLATE TO DEADBOLT WITH CLAMPS… ATTACH MOTOR TO PLATE—ROTOR REVERSED… HOOD HAS BUTTON FOR DOOR BUZZER. AFFIX HOOD TO ASSEMBLY… ROTOR AND MOTOR TURNS PLATE…
– 6 – The Magic Doorman’s Value Proposition Key Attributes Unlocks and opens doors hands-free Relieves stress of fumbling to find keys or straining to use them ConvenienceSafety Provides safety via an optional alarm setting Relieves fear of potential intruders, while LEDs remind that door is locked Easy to install Doors / bolts Retrofit Cost-effective Wow! That’s cool.
– 7 – Competitive Landscape High Low Safety Low High Price $179 $120 $150 Niche competition exists, but The Magic Doorman will win the mass market on price and safety features. Can’t touch me!
– 8 – Cost Analysis—Conservative Case $10.00 $2.00 $3.00 $1.00 $0.50 With Nottingham-Spirk’s battery, motor, and assembly knowledge we likely could lower our costs significantly. And those are retail prices!
– 9 – Marketing Strategy—Price Suggested MSRP of $39.99. Perfect for Impulse!
– 10 – Marketing Strategy—Customer Size & Segmentation Automotive keyless FOB adoption widespread Understanding of keyless door opening will prime Magic Doorman adoption Educated Consumer Base Increasingly busy homeowners, parents, and workers looking for ease “Singles,” elderly, and others wanting more safety Target Demographics We’ve got the wind at our back! Addressable Market 26M families with children 10M single family homes 17M women living alone 37M age 65+ residents
– 11 – Marketing Strategy—Distribution After our “soft launch” we will first roll out to 2,500 stores in the Midwest and West. Big Box Retailers 3,900 U.S. stores 1,440 U.S. stores DIY Retailers 2,000 U.S. stores 1,250 U.S. stores Distributors To the masses!
– 12 – The Magic Doorman Can Be a $100M Product Even at our “moderate” expansion level, we foresee meeting Nottingham-Spirk’s product sales criteria. 2.5 million Units/Yr ÷ $100 million Product Sales $39.99 Price = Promising growth opportunities exist as well: –International markets –Business-to-business market –Product development (light, garage door functionality) 2,500 Stores x 1,000 Units/Store/Yr = 2.5 million Units/Yr
– 13 – Partnering with Nottingham-Spirk Partnering with Nottingham-Spirk will provide us with the capabilities we need to cost effectively market The Magic Doorman to the masses! To complete our “bootstrapping” of The Magic Doorman, we are looking to: Raise: –4 sets of 3 molds: $100,000 x 4 = $400,000 –Working capital = $400,000 –Design and development fees = $100,000 –“Jockey” and team salaries = $100,000 Optimize The Magic Doorman’s design and cost
– 14 – The Magic Doorman—Discussion Thank you. Burma Shave. Nottingham-Spirk bought the idea. See what they developed here: http://www.asseenontvvideos.com/video/60ba34e6bb5f20a/Security-Plus-Keyless-Home