Presentation on theme: "SOLVING PROBLEMS Direct or Indirect Proportion. 1-Read the problems 2- Decide if it is direct or indirect proportion 3- Solve them Steps."— Presentation transcript:
SOLVING PROBLEMS Direct or Indirect Proportion
1-Read the problems 2- Decide if it is direct or indirect proportion 3- Solve them Steps
1. 44 kg of bananas cost $176. How much would 32 kg cost? 2. A person gets $980 for 14 days work. How many days should he work to get $2100? SOLVING PROBLEMS
3) A car can travel 481 kilometers on 37 liters of gasoline. How much gasoline will it need to go 130 kilometers? 4) If 20 men can build a wall in 6 days, How many men are necessary if they have 12 days for building the same wall?
5) A car travels 360 km in 60 liters of petrol. How much distance will it cover in 12 liters of petrol? 6) 8 taps having the same rate of flow, fill a tank in 27 minutes. If two taps go out of order, how long will the remaining taps take to fill the tank?
7) If 5 men can build a wall in 6 days. In how many days 10 men will do it? 8) 12 men can paint the wall in 8 hours. How many men will paint the wall in 6 hours?
9) 14 cows can graze a field in 28 days. How long would 11 cows take to graze the same field? 10) If 36 men can do a piece of work in 25 days, in how many days will 15 men do it?
11) A garrison of 500 men had provisions for 24 days. However, a reinforcement of 300 men arrived. The food will now last for _____________?. 12) If 18 dolls cost $ 630, how many dolls can be bought for $ 455?
13) A hostel has enough food for 125 students for 16 days. How long will the food last if75 more students join them? 14) A boat can travel 132 kilometers on 66 liters of gasoline. How much gasoline will it need to go 88 kilometers?
15) If the weight of 65 coffee packets of the same size is 26 kg. What is the weight of 25 such packets?