Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Special Reports 2009. 2 Strategic Features A strategic feature is an opportunity to utilise Fairfax journalists to create a tailored, editorially relevant.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Special Reports 2009. 2 Strategic Features A strategic feature is an opportunity to utilise Fairfax journalists to create a tailored, editorially relevant."— Presentation transcript:

1 Special Reports 2009

2 2 Strategic Features A strategic feature is an opportunity to utilise Fairfax journalists to create a tailored, editorially relevant environment which you can benefit from by advertising within. Wholly underwritten reports: As the client the cost to you pays for our writers to produce editorial regarding a certain theme/topic/subject. The cost to you covers hard costs as well ie paper and production. Standard ratio of 60% editorial and 40% advertising. You can utilise all advertising space at no extra charge. Partially underwritten reports: As the client you bound to pay a negotiated sum. Thereafter you may hand over a list of your partners/sponsors/supporters/suppliers, which we contact and try to sell advertising space to on your behalf. Any advertisement space taken will reduce your monetary commitment to us. Fairfax are not responsible for selling any set level of advertising. However, all efforts will be applied to sell as much advertising space into any report a client commits to. Note: The Fairfax Media Editor has complete control over the editorial.

3 3 Advantages of Special Reports 1)Relevant & Credible editorial environment written and endorsed by Fairfax Journalist. 2)Tailored environments targeting specific audiences. 2)Strategic features are often retained for future references – provides longevity and extended shelf life. 3)Opportunity to exclusively own all advertising space within the report. 4) Cost effective. Underwriting costs can also be co-oped through supporters which make for cost effectiveness.

4 4 Special Report Example ChildFund Australia Underwritten Special Report; 8 pages in the Spectrum section of The Sydney Morning Herald. (Only 4 out of 8 pages shown below) Advertising; (ad size example; T24, T44, and T84) maximum 40% advertising (as editorial takes the remainder 60% and write content relevant and specifically tailored to your environment/ product.) Editorially relevant to ChildFund Australia Costs less than one full page, colour, on casual rate in a non relevant editorial environment

5 5 Special Report Example Wholly underwritten 4 page Special Report; 4 pages in Money. Advertising; up to 40% advertising Editorially relevant to St George’s Home Loans products – “First-Home Buyers Guide” Costs less than one full page, colour, on casual rate in a non relevant editorial environment First Home Buyers Guide

6 6 The Sydney Morning Herald The Sydney Morning Herald is the perfect advertising platform for those seeking an informed, discerning AB audience. There is a broad reach across NSW and is portrayed as a trusted and respected medium. The Sydney Morning Herald presents sections which allow for targeted advertising. 912,000 readers turn to The Sydney Morning Herald as it offers independence, authority, integrity, quality and an inquiring, committed readership. The Saturday readership reaches 1,162,000 with a variety of sections which appeal to an even wider audience. The Sun- Herald The Sun- Herald offers quality and trustworthiness of journalism and advertising to its readers. Readers turn to The Sun- Herald to satisfy their hunger for comprehensive news coverage, interesting new ideas, Entertainment and for that special time on a Sunday morning where they can relax and indulge in the things that matter to them. This is a bonus for time-poor readers, who can head straight to the part of the paper they like. It also means readers' retention of advertising is higher because they are more involved with their favourite sections, delivering superior advertising penetration. With a current readership of 1.3 million on a Sunday The Sun- Herald is made up of affluent and educated readers. The Sydney Morning Herald and The Sun - Herald Source: RMR, Sep All People 14+. Base: NSW. Based on SMH (Mon-Fri) SMH (Sat) SH readership.

7 Thank You John Gavin Sales Development Manager


Download ppt "Special Reports 2009. 2 Strategic Features A strategic feature is an opportunity to utilise Fairfax journalists to create a tailored, editorially relevant."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google