Presentation on theme: "Teaching period:9th Teaching topic: unit 1 Teaching content: Project (Language points) Teaching aims: 1.To help the students understand the play better."— Presentation transcript:
Teaching period:9th Teaching topic: unit 1 Teaching content: Project (Language points) Teaching aims: 1.To help the students understand the play better 2.To deal with some important points Difficult and important points: Some words and phrases
Summary(1): One day, when Tony met Mike in the park, Mike said he was sitting on an i______ bench,then, Tony joined in him.They both sat for a w____,and s_____, crossig and u_______ legs, reading a book. Then, Cathy and Paula joined in them,too.But Mike looked a_____ and stood up and w______ over to the middle of the stage and sat down. Later, Ann came to them and asked if they were s_____ on an invisible bench. nvisible hile hifted ncrossing nnoyedandered itting
They said yes. But Mike said they didn’t, because he f_____ to tell them that the bench was too c______,so he had moved the bench. In the end, Tony, Paula and Cathy all f____ down. orgot rowded ell
Once u___ a time, there w___a very funny story among three people, the King, the Queen and a s_____. One day, as soon as the King entered the p____, he called in a servant and told him he had to have some i________ papers immediately. Soon came back the servant with a s____ of o_____-looking papers, but s_____ this, the King threw them a__the servant and shouted: “No, no, no, bring my important papers!” Summary(2): pon as ervant alace mportant tack fficial eeing t
The servant d_____ out and in a minute re-entered with a newspaper in his hand. This time, to his s______, the King t____ it into halves and cried: “No,y___ fool! I must have my important papers RIGHT NOW!!!” However, like the first and second time, the servant f____ to bring the King what he wanted several times. Even the Queen didn’t know what her husband wanted and just tore a page from her book and o_____ it to the King. ashed urprise ore ou ailed ffered
The King moved around in his chair, c_____ and uncrossed his legs and seemed very anxious.At last, the servant h___ out a roll of toilet paper. He was puzzled whether the King needed it or not. On the contrary, upon getting it, the King ran o__ as fast as possible. So can you guess what happened to the King? rossed old ff
Fill in the blanks with proper forms: 1. We are sitting on an _______ bench. 2. _____ if I sit down? 3. Mike stands up and __________ to the middle of the stage. 4. I _____________(forget) to tell you. 5. The _______group fell down to the ground. invisible wander over entire must have done mind invisible entire wanders over must have forgotten Mind
6. The King raises one eyebrow and looks _________ at the servant. 7. Servant enters ___________official- looking papers. 8. The servant bows and _________. 9. _________ to bring them to the King. 10. Queen tears a page from her book and _____ it _____ the King. meaningfully dash out a stack of offer it is one’s duty to do sth. meaningfully offers It’s your duty dashes out with a stack of to
1. as if to make room 他的嘴唇动了动好象要说什么似的。 He moved his lips as if to say something. 他说话的样子好象他曾经去过美国似的. He said as if ______________________________. he had been to America before. Language points
你能让出点地方给我吗？ Can you make room for me? 他们坐得紧一些，好给一位老人让地方. They sat closer together to make room for an old man. 整个村子迁走 move away ，给这项建设让地。 The whole village moved away to make room for the construction.
2.Mike looks annoyed. (line 25) be/get annoyed at/ about/ by sth. be/get annoyed with sb. (about sth) 丢失文件，我们感到很烦恼。 We were annoyed at losing the documents. annoying vs annoyed 我粗心大意，他很生我的气。 被人打断（ interrupt ）真叫人生气。 He got very annoyed with me about my carelessness. It is annoying to be interrupted.
annoy vt. 使 …… 烦恼，打搅，烦 扰 It annoys me when people forget to say “thank you”. Close the door if the noise is annoying you.
3.Mike stands up and wanders over to… (line 27) 1).He was wandering about in the forest. 2).The road wanders through the range of hills. 3).We seem to have wandered from the path. 4).He realized his audience’s attention was beginning to wander. 漫游，徘徊 蜿蜒，迂回曲折 偏离正道，离群 思想（走神），恍惚
4. I must have forgotten to tell you. (line37) 表对过去或已经完成的动作的肯定推测。 其他情态动词如： should,ought to,can, could,may,might 也可用于这种结构，但 推测可能性不同。 今天早晨地上湿了，昨晚一定是下雨的。 It must have rained last night, for the ground is wet this morning.
你不可能这么快就已经看完了那本小说。 你本不该把孩子一个人留在家里的。 You can’t have finished the novel so fast. You shouldn’t have left your son alone at home.
5. Servant bows, dashes out, re- enters with a newspaper. (line 53) v. 猛冲，猛撞 She suddenly dashed into the street. The vase dashed to pieces on the floor.
6. tear the paper in two (line 54) v.(tore, torn) 撕裂，撕开, 使苦恼 He tore the letter into pieces. The baby’s illness tore her heart. n. 眼泪 He burst into tears. tear apart tear (at) tear down tear into tear oneself away from be torn between…and… 拆散 撕扯（对象） 拆毁 撕成（碎片） 忍痛离开 在 … 和 … 之间左右为难
7.Servant burst in,next to Queen…(line64) burst(burst, burst) vi. 突然发生；爆裂，爆破； 1)If you blow that balloon up any more it will burst. 2)Water-pipes often burst in cold weather. burst in 闯进来 / 猛然把门推开 burst in on/upon sb. 突然出现在某人面前 burst into laughter/tears 突然笑 / 哭起来 burst out laughing/crying burst out 闯出来 / 大声叫喊
1) They ____________ me while I was working. 2) “I don’t believe it!” She ________angrily. 3) He watched the bomb _______ in the air. 4) The aircraft crashed and ___________ flames. burst in on burst out bursting burst into burst in 闯进来 / 猛然把门推开 burst in on/upon sb. 突然出现在某人面前 burst into laughter/tears 突然笑 / 哭起来 burst out laughing/crying burst out 闯出来 / 大声叫喊
8. He glares at queen. (line 68) glare at 怒目而视 stare at 盯着看，着重指因惊奇、羡慕 或恐惧而睁大眼睛看 glance at 瞥一眼，快速地看一眼 1) It’s rude to _______ other people. 2) They didn’t fight, but just _______ each other. 3) She ________ his watch, and told me, “You are always late.” stare at glared at glanced at
9. holds out a roll of toilet paper (line 71) I can’t hold out any longer. I must find a toilet. How long can our food hold out? 维持 He held out his hands to express his warm welcome to us. 伸出 hold out 伸出 / 提出 / 坚持, 不退让 / 维持 坚持
hold out 伸出 / 提出 / 坚持, 不退让 / 维持 hold back 阻止，抑制 ; hold up 举起，支撑，阻碍，使延迟 Tom _________his hand, and called a taxi. Will the water supply _________ through the summer? We will never be _______by difficulties. The traffic was _________because of the heavy snow. held out hold out held back held up
10.take on 接受；雇佣；承担；呈现 我们现在不招收员工。 We are not taking on any more staff at present. 没有人愿意接受这个挑战，这太危险了。 No one wanted to take on the challenge—it was too dangerous. 自从 1978 年以来，我的家乡呈现出新的面貌 Since 1978, my hometown has taken on a new look.
take in 吸收，领会，欺骗 take off 脱衣服，飞机起飞，事业腾飞 take over 接管，接任 take up 拿起，开始从事，占（时间，空间） take away 拿走，夺去 Don’t be ________by products promising to make you lose weight quickly. I’m too tired, and I can’t ________extra work. These insects can ________ the colours of their surroundings. Miss Li is going to________the company. Mike was _________his shirt when the phone rang. taken in take on take over taking off
1. 不久以后 2. 接受, 雇佣 3. 接下去, 继续 4. 结对, 两人一组 5. 一会儿 6. 夜班 7. 发生, 进行 soon after/before long take on move/go on to do in pairs for a while/moment the night shift go on
8. 挑眉毛 9. 一堆文件 10. 冲进 11. 一百米短跑 12. 含着眼泪 13. 撕成碎片 raise one’s eyebrow a stack of papers dash into one-hundred-meter dash in tears tear sth. into pieces
14. 放声大笑起来 15. 突然冲入 16. 对某人怒目而视 17. 瞥了一眼 18. 拿出 19. 一卷手纸 20. 好象要做 …… burst into laughter burst in glare at glance at hold out a role of toilet paper as if to do
21. 为某人腾出地方 22. 不可能做过某事 23. 撕成两半 24. 绊到 …… 25. 对某人感到恼火 26. 交换意见 make room for can’t have done tear…in two/half bump into/against be annoyed with sb. compare notes with sb.
Fill in the blanks with proper forms. response, impress, worthwhile, annoy,cross wander, entire, enthusiastic,humor, tear 1.It is _________ visiting the museum. 2.Is mother’s leg _______ tothe treatment? 3.He is ____ between his work and his family. 4. I was ________ in the street when someone called me by name. 5. It is bad manners to sit with your legs ______. worthwhile responding torn wandering crossed
response, impress, worthwhile, annoy,cross wander, entire, enthusiastic,humor, tear 6. What’s your ________ of him? 7. The mountain was ______ covered in snow. 8. I don’t see the _____in his joke. 9. He was very _________ about wild flowers. 10. I was ______because I missed the bus. impression entirely humor enthusiastic annoyed
take on a new look 呈现新面貌 take on sb. 雇用 When did you take up basketball? 你什么时候开始打篮球的 ? ( 指从事这项运动 ) take up a post 就职 take up too much space 占据太多空间 take in 吸收 ( 气体 ); 接纳 ( 工作人员等 ); 收集 ; 欺骗 take turns to do sth. 轮流做某事 take on a new meaning 具有新的意义 take A for B 把 A 误认为是 B take off 拿开 ; 去掉 ;( 飞机 ) 起飞 ; 脱下 ( 衣帽 ); 成功 take to 开始从事于 ; 喜欢某人 ; 走向
take along 使 …… 一起去，带 …… 一起去 take…as 将 …… 作为 …… ，把 …… 看作 take sb./sp. by surprise ( 出人意料地 ) 攻占 ; 撞见 take…for granted 认为 … 是必然情况, 视为当然 take (an) great interest in 对 …… 感兴趣 take sth. into account/consideration 加以考虑 take care of 照看，照顾 take note of 注意，留心；记下，做笔记 take pains to do 努力做某事 take the place of 代替 ; 就位 take the risk of 冒 …… 的险
Hold 的多重词义 hold a baby hold power hold a position hold one’s attention hold one’s breath Hold your tongue! The hall can hold 300 people. hold one’s head high Will the rope hold? 抱小孩 掌权 担任要职 吸引住 …… 的注意力 屏住气 住嘴 容纳 趾高气扬 经得住 hold on 继续 / 坚持 / 抓住.. 不放 /( 打电话时 ) 不挂上 hold back 阻止, 阻挡 / 隐瞒, 扣住 / 抑制住