We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJackson Parrent
Modified about 1 year ago
Twenty Questions Music
1. When a piece of music starts with one section, then has a different section, and then repeats the first, it is called: ABA
2. A flute is a member of which family? Woodwind
3. The four instrument families in the orchestra are: Woodwind, Brass, Percussion, & Strings
4. “Timbre” best describes: The unique sound of a voice or instrument.
5. The space notes of the treble clef staff are: F, A, C, E
6. The volume, or loudness and softness of a piece is called its: Dynamic Level.
7. What part of the music may move up, down, or stay the same? The melody.
8. The instrument family in which the sound is produced by shaking, scraping or striking: The percussion family.
9. When all voices are singing the same pitch at the same time, they are singing in: Unison
10. Ceremonial music is music created or performed for rituals or celebrations. An example of this would be: Patriotic, church, wedding, etc….
11. The musical term for soft is Piano
12. The top number of a time signature tells us: How many beats in a measure.
13. Music that is minor typically sounds: Sad, mysterious, dark or such.
14. The four string instruments in the orchestra. (Five, if you like!) Violin, viola, cello, double bass. (and harp)
15. Music that is major typically sounds: Happy, joyful, bright or such.
16. The musical term for loud is: Forte.
17. A piano is a keyboard instrument but is often classified in this other family. The percussion family.
18. The speed of the music’s beat. Tempo.
19. The form used in Native American music. No real form. There are sections which are signaled by honor beats on the drums.
20. The form used most often in music from West Africa. Call and Response.
© Mark E. Damon - All Rights Reserved Another Presentation © All rights Reserved
Elements of Music. Harmony Two or more notes together Two or more notes together Chord – three or more notes at one time Chord – three or more notes at.
2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt 2pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt THE ELEMENTS THE BAROQUE PERIOD FORMTIMBRE.
1.How many beats does a whole note receive? A) two B) one C) three D) four.
Music is all around us. Can you imagine a world without music?
FLASH CARDS Used for the upper register higher notes play with right hand Click for Term.
Which instruments are members of the percussion family? A.) violin, viola, cello B.) xylophone, snare drum bass drum C.) oboe, bassoon, clarinet,
The orchestra. String family String instruments are musical instruments that produce sound from vibrating strings. In most strings instruments, the vibrations.
Unit 1: Basics of Music & Film Section 1: Elements of Music.
Instrument Jeopardy General Music Class. OrchestraStrings Wood- winds BrassPercussion
Music Review Assessment I. 1. Which of these is true about timbre? 10 1.Refers to loudness and softness of sound 2.Refers to the speed of the beat 3.Refers.
Instrument Jeopardy Questions on Orchestra Family Instruments.
Music Quiz Choose your bonus round: 1. Name the instrument 2. Instruments of the orchestra 3. Name the notes (treble clef) 4. Name the artist 5. Music.
Musical Instrument Families. Why are there different families Each instrument family has their own unique TIMBRE or sound How is sound produced –By vibrations!
Instruments of the Orchestra Take a musical journey and explore the exciting Instruments of the Orchestra… By: Adrian Farris.
Musical Instruments have Families We have families! Mom Dad Me My Brother.
ElementsSoundHistory Note equal in value to 1/4 that of a whole note.
1 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt 10 pt 15 pt 20 pt 25 pt 5 pt Rhythm.
2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt 2pt 3 pt 4 pt 5 pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4pt 5 pt 1pt RHYTHM MUSIC NOTATION NAME THAT CULTURE.
Sound Pitch: (high and low) –Corresponds to size! Dynamics: (loud, soft) –Forte (f) –Mezzo Forte (mf) –Mezzo Piano (mp) –Piano (p) Timbre/Tone Color: (bright,
Music Theory Review. Staff Treble Clef Bass Clef.
Ostinato – A repeated pattern or phrase.. Year 8.
ELEMENTS OF MUSIC. Listening to music for a music class is different than just listening to your favourite song on the radio. You need to listen for.
Introduction to the instruments you can learn to play at our school!
1 Semester Test Review 1. A cappella – vocal music without accompaniment 2. Tempo – speed of music 3. Range – all the notes a voice can sing 4. Tone –
Families of Musical Instruments Pre/Post Test. What are the 4 main families of musical instruments? A. Woodwind, Brass, Percussion/Keyboard, and Strings.
Musical Instruments. Instrument Families There are four instrument families –Brass Instruments –Woodwind Instruments –Percussion Instruments –String Instruments.
S FULL ORCHESTRA SEATING Brass Percussion Strings Woodwinds.
MUSIC ELEMENTS All music is made of the elements or parts listed below: RHYTHM TEMPO DYNAMICSHARMONY MELODY FORM.
Instrumental Families There are four different families of instrument in the orchestra.
Chapter Eleven Dynamics, Timbre, and Texture. Rhythm Melody (pitch) Harmony Timbre (sound) Dynamics Texture Form (shape) Basic Elements of Music.
Gr. 3 Music Jeopardy Quiz Jeopardy Quiz. DurationNotesInstrumentSymbolsTerms
AURAL SKILLS Preparation for Assessment Task ‘EINE KLEINE NACHTMUSIK’
Music This is a topic on musical instruments. Instruments String instruments Woodwind instruments Percussion instruments Brass instruments.
$1 Million $500,000 $250,000 $125,000 $64,000 $32,000 $16,000 $8,000 $4,000 $2,000 $1,000 $500 $300 $200 $100 Welcome.
Vibrations and Musical Instruments BY: Cassie Carasco.
Music Core Content Instrument Families Voice Parts Brass S oprano Woodwind A lto String T enor Percussion Bass How each instrument or voice sounds.
Instruments of the orchestra. Instrument Families By the end of this lesson you should: Know what an orchestra is Understand the layout of an orchestra.
10 Pts What is this?. 25 pts. What symbol adds half the value of the note that it is attached to?
Elements of Music HAVPA. Rhythm Music cannot happen without rhythm or the movement of musical sounds through time. The placement of sound in time is the.
Elements of Music. When you listen to a piece of music, you'll notice that it has several different characteristics; it may be soft or loud, slow or fast,
Monday, November 15, 2010 Write and answer: There are four families of instruments. – String – Woodwind – Brass – Percussion List these instrument families.
80 pts 70 pts 60 pts 50 pts 40 pts 30 pts 20 pts 10 pts DynamicsMelodyHarmony Rhythm & Tempo Grab Bag Musical Element Jeopardy.
Instruments of the O R C H E S T R A Cello String Bass Violin Viola Harp.
The Orchestra has 4 families. The strings, woodwind, brass and percussion.
Understanding Music - Instrumental Music. What we will be learning about in this topic...
The Instruments of the Orchestra. The Instrument Families Instruments are organized into Families These families are categories that group similar.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.