We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byJackson Parrent
Modified about 1 year ago
Twenty Questions Music
1. When a piece of music starts with one section, then has a different section, and then repeats the first, it is called: ABA
2. A flute is a member of which family? Woodwind
3. The four instrument families in the orchestra are: Woodwind, Brass, Percussion, & Strings
4. “Timbre” best describes: The unique sound of a voice or instrument.
5. The space notes of the treble clef staff are: F, A, C, E
6. The volume, or loudness and softness of a piece is called its: Dynamic Level.
7. What part of the music may move up, down, or stay the same? The melody.
8. The instrument family in which the sound is produced by shaking, scraping or striking: The percussion family.
9. When all voices are singing the same pitch at the same time, they are singing in: Unison
10. Ceremonial music is music created or performed for rituals or celebrations. An example of this would be: Patriotic, church, wedding, etc….
11. The musical term for soft is Piano
12. The top number of a time signature tells us: How many beats in a measure.
13. Music that is minor typically sounds: Sad, mysterious, dark or such.
14. The four string instruments in the orchestra. (Five, if you like!) Violin, viola, cello, double bass. (and harp)
15. Music that is major typically sounds: Happy, joyful, bright or such.
16. The musical term for loud is: Forte.
17. A piano is a keyboard instrument but is often classified in this other family. The percussion family.
18. The speed of the music’s beat. Tempo.
19. The form used in Native American music. No real form. There are sections which are signaled by honor beats on the drums.
20. The form used most often in music from West Africa. Call and Response.
Music Review Assessment I. 1. Which of these is true about timbre? 10 1.Refers to loudness and softness of sound 2.Refers to the speed of the beat 3.Refers.
Instrument Families – Music 7. The Bow Most string instruments are played using a bow The bow is a piece of wood with horse hair stretch from one.
pitch dynamics (loudness or softness) tone colour duration.
What is the purpose of learning musical elements? The importance of the basics of music education.
Musical Terms Instead of the usual handheld flashcards, I projected these from my computer. Easier to use, always stayed nice, and all students could see.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
Chapter 2: Rhythm and Pitch Musical Notation. Key Terms Notes Rests Dotted notes Dotted rests Ties Slurs Legato Staccato Triplet Time signatures Staff.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
Music. Doppler The Doppler Effect –The pitch of a sound will be higher or lower if the source is moving toward or away from you –Sirens –Race Cars –Doppler.
Quia Level 1 Quarter 1 Week 1. Pitch Definition: How high or low a note sounds Example: The highest pitch sounds came at the end of the song.
Music Terms Game Feel free to add to the game by adding more terms and definitions! Please share your additions and send to
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
Jeopardy Music History NotesStaffInstruments Musical Math Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Final Jeopardy.
Percussion instruments are designed to keep the beat the same or unique while playing either if its with a stick or with your hands. For example Membranophones.
Final Review 8th grade Band 4th quarter Time Signature Indicates the of beats per measure.
Can you see?. I like him. When will we go? All or some.
Music As CultureMusic As Culture Traditional Music Cultures Music Appreciation Mr. Williams.
Introduction to the Elements of Music Year 10 IGCSE.
High-Frequency Phrases First 100 Words. The people.
Oral Reading Fluency First 100 Most Used Phrases.
Tia Renee’ Rucker Click home button to continue Home Menu Click the music note button to proceed Click the back button to review Click the help button.
BEATS AND RESONANCE Sections 9.3 and 9.4. Key Terms Beat Beat Frequency Resonant Frequency Resonance.
Class 4A Wed only Guitar I and Guitar II Review Guitar I will only stay to 8:30 tonight Some new songs. Guitar II new fingerpicking. More CAGED.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
Lets build fluency! The people By the water You and I.
CREATING A RHYTHM COMPOSITION Rhythm: The arrangement of long and short sounds within a beat. Composer: Someone who creates music. Notation: A set of written.
Notes and Note Values Middle School Music. Measures As you know, a staff is the lines on which notes are placed. A staff is made up of 5 lines and 4 spaces.
Film Spotting Film Driven Film Driven 1. Icon: Lion's roar or NBC motto 1. Icon: Lion's roar or NBC motto 2. Under the.
Lesson Five Reading Music: Part Two Quarter rests, s-m-d.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.