* Governor : Terry McAuliffe * Senators : Tim Kain, and Mark Warner
* North Carolina, West Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, Washington D.C, Tennessee. * Virginia’s shoreline is as long as the United States wide.
* Natural resources : electrical equipment, textiles, and chemicals. * Agriculture/farming : It is good for farming because tobacco has always been and still one of the main crops. Livestock is another top product.
* In 1614, John Rolfe married Pocahontas,( the chief’s daughter). * In 1607, the Virginia company established Jamestown, the first permitted English settlement in Virginia. * To make matters worse, the settlers attacked and were attacked by the Pouhaten. * Statehood: 1776
* You could go to the Chesapeake Bay, and learn how to speak the Iroquoian language. * You can go to the Monacan and learn the Siouan language.
* During the 1970’s and 1980’s urban settlement and the location of industries along Chesapeake Bay caused pollution. * The $200 – million Chesapeake Bay bridge- Tunnel was completed in 1974. * In 1619, all three colonists had been granted. * In 1775, the second continental congress elected George Washington, a Virginian, as commander in chief of the continual army. * In 1989, Virginia’s voters elected L. Douglas wilder governor. * In April 2007 a student gun man killed 32 people including 27 students and 5 teachers, and wounded many more before taking his own life. * Wilder became the first African American elected governor of Virginia. * Virginia maintained a strong economy though the end of 1990’s and into 2000’s. * Industry contained to expand in Virginia 1960’s.
* Tunnel, Ted, and Susan L. Woodward, Virginia world book student. World book, 2014.web.May 14 2014. * Tunnel, Ted, Susan L. Woodward. “ Virginia” world book encyclopedia. 2004. ed. print