Presentation on theme: "* Families can pick up their orders tonight here at the meeting. Those that paid for shipping – your orders were shipped yesterday (Wednesday). There."— Presentation transcript:
* Families can pick up their orders tonight here at the meeting. Those that paid for shipping – your orders were shipped yesterday (Wednesday). There are some missing items and they will come in a 2nd shipment in about 8-10 days. Any issues with orders, please contact email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org. * Hats will be handed out Friday, March 14th. We have a list of your hat order. Hats will be handed out Friday, March 14th. We have a list of your hat order. * Irish Pro Shop will continue to offer the bat bags and embroidered clothing on their website if you see items you like that others ordered.
* Sophomore Staff * Jason Burdick * Paul Henderson * Freshman Staff * Mike Larson * Chris Adams * Andrew Schwartz * Tony Trudeau
* Coaching Philosophy To give all players a great team experience, the opportunity to become better baseball players, and even better young men. * Core Covenant(s) Don’t let your teammates down. http://youtu.be/ rBcfWBWHkcA
* Expectations of Coaches Model and teach our players to Honor the Game of Baseball. Help our players to improve their baseball skills. Use encouragement and positive reinforcement as our primary method of motivation. Communicate with players everyday. Teach our players to be more self-aware. What does this look like? Reward a successful process not just an outcome. Praise tremendous effort and positive attitude. Use concrete examples to teach expectations. Explain the why of a decision or skill. Use goals setting to challenge players to reach their potential. Teach players through activities to deal with failure. Be comfortable in uncomfortable situations.
* Expectations of Parents Use baseball to teach your son life lessons. Fill your sons emotional tank. Encourage your son to use maximum effort. Refrain from negative comments about your sons coaches, teammates, opponents, or umpires. What does this look like? Talk with your son about their goals and plan to achieve it. Ask your son what their “flush” is. Talk with your son about overcoming adversity in baseball and life. Encourage your son to do everything they can to make others better. Ask them what they do to create a positive team culture? Remind them to not focus on outcome but the process/journey.
Process of Communication * Player and Coach * Player, Parent, and Coach * Player, Parent, Position/Grade Level Coach, and Coach Swansson * Player, Parent, Coach Swansson, and Mr. Manning. RHS Baseball List Serve Rosemountbaseball.com Chris.swansson@district196. org Chris.swansson@district196. org Rosemount High School Athletics Calendar
* Tryouts * Freshman Tryouts: March 9 th – 12 th 2:45-5:00 at Irish Dome. * Sophomore-Seniors Tryouts: March 16 th -18 th at Irish Dome 2:45-5:30. * Individual Player Meetings Grade 10-12. Wednesday, March 18 th 6:00-8:30 PM. What are we looking for? Player Qualities: 1. Coachable 2. Enthusiastic 3. Hard Worker 4. Baseball Skill Set 5. Great Teamate 6. Passionate Team Development: Varsity: Most Competitive Team Junior Varsity: Second Most Competitive Team in our program. Sophomore: Begin developing specific skills sets. Freshman: Introduction of high school team concepts and individual skill sets.
* Tryout Information Position Needs 1. OF 2. OF 3. OF 4. OF 5. Catcher 6. Catcher 7. 1 st 8. 1 st 9. SS/2 nd 10. SS/2 nd 11. SS/2 nd 12. 3 rd 13. 3 rd 14. Pitcher Only 15. Potentially Specialists
* Clothing Refund Policy * Clothing Refundable Clothing: Navy Hat Pants Green undershirts Green Baseball Socks Navy Belt All clothes will need to be accompanied by a receipt and tags must still be attached to the item for a refund. *Baseball hats are non refundable.
* Bus Transportation * Practice Schedules * Spring Training Times * Practice Locations * Banquets: Varsity/JV * Clothing * Booster Club Members
* Shenanigans Bingo Volunteers * Kwik Trip * Salt Fundraiser * Assessment Checks * Pancake Breakfast * Rosemount Baseball Day * Wiffle Ball Tournament Budgetary Needs: 1. Baseballs 2. Assistant Coaches at each level 3. Teaching Tools (Tees, screens, etc.) 4. Practice Attire 5. Field Maintenance/Improvement 6. Banquets/Events 7. Website (Communication) 8. Staff Development 9. Team Building
* Shenanigans Bingo * All Families are expected to volunteer one night during the year. We only have 13 spots still to fill. * This is a tremendous help to our program! * Thank you! * Kwik Trip * 5% of purchases will go towards your assessment. * This item will be discussed in more detail over the summer in regards to the continuation of the program.
* Salt Fundraisers * Each player is expected to sell and deliver 55 bags of soft water salt. * Blitz Night: Thursday, April 2 nd. * Delivery Date: Saturday, April 25 th at Rosemount Cub Foods. 9am-11am. * Buyout: $200.00 * RHS Pancake Breakfast * There are no volunteers needed or presales! * We encourage you to attend. The baseball program will be given a % of the profit for each person that attends for us. * RHS Student Center, Saturday, April 4 th 8:00- 11:00 * All You Can Eat!!!
* Rosemount Baseball Day! * Thursday, May 21 st * All RAAA baseball players are welcome to participate in contest. * $10/player. * We will need some parent volunteers, but this is a fun event! * Legion Wiffle Ball Tourney * First Sunday of Leprachan Days * RHS * Each player should have a team in the tourney!
* Green Legion Team * Blue Legion Team * Legion Coaches * Game Schedule * Practice Schedule * Tournaments * Omaha Trip * Cost * Tryout Process * 50% of Registration Fee * “Other Traveling Baseball Teams” * Tuesday and Thursday 9:30- 10:30 and Friday Mornings. * Register on Fee Pay.
* Battle of Omaha * Both Blue and Green Legion Teams * June 17 th -June 21 st * 1 Coach Bus * College World Series * 4 Nights in the Hotel