Presentation on theme: "Famous Spanish People. Birth name: Salma Valgarma Hayek-Jimenez Born: September 2, 1966 in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico Father: Sami Hayek Dominguez (Lebanese;"— Presentation transcript:
Famous Spanish People
Birth name: Salma Valgarma Hayek-Jimenez Born: September 2, 1966 in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico Father: Sami Hayek Dominguez (Lebanese; businessman) Mother: Diana Hayek Jimenez (Mexican; opera singer and talent scout) Brother: Sami Hayek (younger) She decided she wanted to sing and act after watching Willy Wonka with her family. She went to boarding school in Louisiana at the age of 12 and was expelled for playing jokes on the nuns. Began her acting career by starring in “Teresa”, a Mexican soap opera. When left the show in order to expand her acting career many upset Mexicans spread rumors that she left Mexico because she was having an affair with the Mexican president. Her first big movie role was in Desperado with Antonio Banderas.
Capital: Mexico City Pop: 112,468,855 Size: 742,485 sq mi Monetary unit: Mexican peso Gov. type: fed. Republic President: Felipe de Jesus Calderon Hinojosa
1. She received her first big movie role for the film “Desperado” where she played the lead role of Carolina. 2. She was the co-produced of the movie “Frida” which was released in Hayek played the lead role as Frida Kahlo, the famous Mexican artist. The movie was nominated for best picture. 3. She has received 7 different movie awards and has been nominated for an Oscar Award.
1. ¿De dónde Salma Hayek ir a un internado? Where did Salma Hayek go to boarding school? Answer: Louisiana 2. ¿Cómo se llama el hermano de Salma? What is Salma’s brother’s name? Answer: Sami 3. ¿Cuál fue la primera película protagonizada por Salma en? What was the first movie Salma starred in? Answer: “Desperado”
Birth name: Gerald “Jerry” Michael Riviera Born: July 4, 1943 in Brooklyn, New York Father: Cruz “Allen” Rivera (Puerto Rican) Mother: Lillian Friedman (Jewish-American-Russian) Brothers: Craig Rivera (younger) and Wilfredo Rivera (older, adopted cousin) His mother claims to have misspelled his name on his birth certificate to deflect future discrimination from her children because they were the products of a mixed marriage. He was a lawyer that defended some members of Harlem’s largely Hispanic Young Lords gang. Hector Ramirez, the anchorman on GI Joe, was created as a parody of Rivera. He is the author of two books; “Exposing Myself” and “His Panic: Why America Fear Hispanics in the U.S.” He has been married and divorced multiple times. Has a total of 5 children from 3 different marriages.
Capital: San Juan Pop:3,944,259 Size: 13,790 sq km Currency: United States dollar (US$) National Hymn (Anthem): “La Borinqueña”
1. The winner of the 2000 Robert F. Kennedy journalism award (his third) for his NBC News documentary on "Women In Prison," Rivera has received more than 170 awards for journalism. 2. One of his hour-long reports, "The Elvis Cover-Up" was for more than two decades "20/20's" highest rated shows. 3.He currently hosts the show “Geraldo at Large” on Fox News Channel.
1. ¿Cuál es el nombre de Geraldo Rivera de nacimiento? What is Geraldo Rivera’s birth name? Answer: Gerald Riviera 2. Que fue creado como una parodia de Rivera? Who was created as a parody of Rivera? Answer:Hector Ramirez 3. ¿Cuántos hermanos tiene Rivera tiene? How many brothers does Rivera have? Answer: two/ dos
Birth name: Cameron Michelle Diaz Born: August 30, 1972 in San Diego, California Father: Emillo Diaz (Cuban-American) Mother: Billie Diaz (Anglo-German) She graduated from Long Beach Polytechnic or Poly High School with the class of She was a member of the “Polyettes” drill-dance team. She lived in Mexico and Morocco for a few years. Her first lead roll was in The Mask with Jim Carrey. Other films she’s starred in include: My Best Friend’s Wedding, There’s Something About Mary, My Sister’s Keeper.
capital: Havanna Pop: 11,451,652 Size: 42,803 sq miles Monetary unit: Cuban Peso Gov. type: communist state President: Raúl Castro
1. At the age of 21, she auditioned for Jim Carrey's “The Mask” and, was cast as the female lead. 2. She won critical acclaims for Being John Malcovich, which earned her Best Supporting Actress nominations at the Golden Globes, the BAFTA Awards and the SAG Awards. 3. For Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, she became the second actress (after Julia Roberts) to earn $20 million for a role; the film underperformed at the box office.
1. ¿Cuál es el segundo nombre de Cameron? What is Cameron’s middle name? Answer: Michelle 2. Lo que se graduó de la escuela secundaria de Cameron? What high school did Cameron graduate from? Answer: Poly High School 3. ¿Dónde estaba Cameron nació? Where was Cameron born? Answer: San Diego, California