Presentation on theme: "Self-Service HR: My Biz and My Workplace FY2014. * Secure, real-time, access to your personnel information anytime * Update personal information * Submit."— Presentation transcript:
Self-Service HR: My Biz and My Workplace FY2014
* Secure, real-time, access to your personnel information anytime * Update personal information * Submit employment information to an external organization * Create, update and view your Performance Plans * Track the status of a Performance Plan
1.Begin at the DCPDS Portal page: https://compo.dcpds.cpms.osd.mil https://compo.dcpds.cpms.osd.mil 2.Click ‘OK’ on the DOD Notice and Consent Banner page. Note: After selecting OK, the DCPDS Portal page displays. 3.Select the Smart Card Access Registration button.
1.Select your non- certificate at the Select a Certification screen and click OK. Enter your PIN and click OK 2.The DCPDS CAC Registration screen displays with your CAC Username. 3.Enter your Social Security Number (SSN) (with dashes) Confirm your SSN (with dashes) and select the Register button.
Once your CAC is registered, the system should bring you back to the DCPDS Portal page so you can re- enter your SSAN with dashes in the Regions Association section to complete your logon to MyBiz and join your CAC with the ‘NGB Region’. This will only need to be done on your first / initial log on. If you do not see this page you may need to click on the ‘Add Additional Application/Database TAB that is located on the DPCDS Portal page.
DCPDS appears after you have set your region association. To continue through DS News Banner Page, click on the Continue button located in the top right or bottom right of the page.
Here is the My Biz responsibility. My Information displays Position, Organization, Location, Grade, Job or Assignment Status informtaion. Update My Information is the function used to update ethnicity and race information as well as foreign language proficiency. At a minimum, you must update your Profile tab with your address, work phone number/address and update your Emergency Contact tab. Employment Verification releases employment information and, optionally, salary information to an external organization or person Performance Appraisal Application (PAA) is the function used by both employee and supervisor for interim review and feedback and the annual performance rating. My Biz / My Workplace home page will show up after you clicked the continue button. Your navigation page should show MyBiz and, if you are a supervisor, My Workplace listed on the left side of the page. As you click on these, the responsibilities will show up in the middle of the page
The area identified as Favorites is created for all new My Biz accounts and contains links to websites of importance to the employee. For example, we have provided links to the TSP Home page and the Retirement Home page for CSRS or FERS. As we add new information, a new link will be added to this area providing navigation information for the employees.
From the My Information page, the user can navigate the tabs and see various pieces of information relative to the tab selected. NOTE: SF50s are located in Personnel Actions.
At the Update My Information page, the user can update various phone numbers, address, Language, Ethnicity/Race, Emergency Contact, Education, Training, and Certifications. At a minimum, you must update your Profile tab with your address, work phone number/address and update your Emergency Contact tab. You are in control of your own civilian personnel record!
Employment Verification is a Self-Service tool allowing employees to submit employment information to an external organization (business, bank) directly from DCPDS and sent via secure internet. Employees are in complete control of who receives this information
At the Performance Appraisal Application page you can create, update and view your Performance Plans, view and print a plan after it is created, and track the status of the plan. You can also search for completed plans by selecting the “Show Completed Plans/Appraisals” link located at the bottom of the page.
* View your employees’ personnel information 24/7 * Establish, update and view performance plans * Provide feedback and appraise employee performance * Track the status of a Performance Plan
Note the differences in the My Workplace functions as opposed to the My Biz functions. This is the area the manager/supervisor will come to in order to process any work-related issues applicable to his/her employees. The Performance Appraisal Application (PAA) function is the door to the appraisal module the manager/supervisor will use to rate employees. The My Employee Information area is where the manager/supervisor will view employees’ records. Here is the My Workplace responsibility.
The manager/supervisor is identified and beneath his/her name are the employees supervised. If one of these employees is a supervisor, there would be a similar symbol (circled in red) beside their name. The manager/supervisor identified below would be able to open those employee records as well.
In Internet explorer, navigate to the ‘Tools’ menu, select ‘Internet Options’, select the ‘Content Tab’, then select the ‘Certificates’ button.
Highlight all certificates in BOTH the Issued to or Issued by columns that have the word “ENTRUST” in the name, and delete using the REMOVE button. This needs to be done one both the Intermediate Certification Authorities and the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tabs. NOTE: Admin rights are needed to remove certificates from the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab. Once all “ENTRUST” certificates are removed click the OK button, close out all Internet Explorer windows and restart the application.
* Internal Access (Army server) Open Internet Explorer window and set the Adjutant General’s Department URL as the IE Homepage:
Click on Federal HRO hyperlink located under DEPARTMENTS. You may have to scroll to the right to open the page for viewing.
Once you click on the Federal HRO hyperlink following pages should show up under the Public TAB with information on HRO contact data, HRO documents and Links to the old Legacy HRO and HRO/PAA Information Pages.
Both the Public Contacts Page and the HRO Staff Responsibilities excel file located in the Public Documents page have names and phone numbers of HRO staffing if you are needing to determine who to call for an issue or question regarding technician management.
* External Access (no Army server) * 1.Click on Human Resources tab, 2.then the Federal Human Resources Hyperlink 1 2
Scroll to the bottom of the Federal Human Resources Office webpage and click on the ‘here’ hyperlink for ON- BOARD Personnel:
Right column contains links to HRO directory, job listings, forms, My Biz help, etc.
Users with new CACs (including name changes) must remove existing certificates containing old information before re- registering the new CAC by following the steps below: In Internet explorer, navigate to the ‘Tools’ menu, select ‘Internet Options’, then select the ‘Content Tab’, then select the ‘Certificates’ button.
Select certificates containing old information and then click the Remove button. Selected certificates are removed and will not display during the re-registration process. Note: Users, who cannot complete the certification removal process, must contact their local helpdesk for assistance.
Once you have removed your old certificates, enter the DCPDS Portal page and click on the Register button under Smart Card Access. You will then select the digital certificate containing the new information and clicks the OK button.
1. When the DCPDS CAC Registration screen appears, selects the ‘Re-Register’ button in the ‘CAC Re-Registration’ section. 2. After clicking ‘Re-Register’, users will receive a ‘CAC Re-Registration Successful’ confirmation page. User clicks the OK button. Current account(s) will then be linked to the new CAC. 3. User must return to the DCPDS Main Portal screen to ‘login’
* If you receive the following error when logging on DCPDS, you will need to remove all Entrust certificates: * “An error occurred with CAC certificate during logon. This error could have been caused by one of the following reasons: * The certificate was used. Always use the ID certificate * The certificate used to login is expired or has been revoked * There was some other problem with the certificate * The error message returned was: Bad cert: UNABLE_TO_GET_ISSUER_CERT_LOGON If you continue to receive this error page, contact your helpdesk. Close this page to clear your browser state, then log in again.
* CMSgt Lynn McConnell – Alternate * * * TSgt Melanie Nelson - Primary * * * Additional Information for My Biz / My Workplace: *