Presentation on theme: "1. A motorcycle plus rider has a mass of 1000 kg. They travel inside a loop with a radius of 6 m. At the lowest point, the speed is 20 m/s. What force."— Presentation transcript:
1. A motorcycle plus rider has a mass of 1000 kg. They travel inside a loop with a radius of 6 m. At the lowest point, the speed is 20 m/s. What force does the track exert on the motorcycle?
5. A uniform bar weighing 30.0 N is 5.00 m long. Attached At the left end is a weight of 50.0 N, and attached at the right end is a weight of 20.0 N. To prevent translational motion of the bar, what upward force must be applied? A) 30.0 N, B) 70.0 N, C) 80.0 N, D) 100.0 N
6. To prevent both translational and rotational motion of the bar in number 5, a single upward equilibrant force must be applied between the: A) left end and center of the the bar, but nearer the left end, B) left end and center of the bar, but nearer the center, C) right end and center of the bar, but nearer the right end, D) right end and center of the bar, but nearer the center.
7. A beam 4.00 m long weighs 1400 N. Its center of gravity is 1.50 m from the heavy end. At the heavy end a weight of 1000 N is attached, while at the light end there is a weight of 1350 N. Find the magnitude and point of application of the equilibrant force.
Total downward force is 1400N + 1000N + 1350N = 3750 N. CW 1400 x 1.5 = 2100 Nm 1350 x 4 = 5400 Nm ------------- 7500 Nm CCW 7500 Nm = 3750 x length length = 2 m
8. The gravitational force between two masses is 36 N. What is the gravitational force if the distance between them is tripled? a. 4.0 N b. 9.0 N c. 18 N d. 27 N
9. If a net torque is applied to an object, that object will experience which of the following? a. a constant angular speed b. an angular acceleration c. a constant moment of inertia d. an increasing moment of inertia
10. Where should a force be applied on a lever arm to produce the most torque? a. closest to the axis of rotation b. farthest from the axis of rotation c. in the middle of the lever arm d. It doesn’t matter where the force is applied.
11. Suppose a doorknob is placed at the center of a door. Compared with a door whose knob is located at the edge, what amount of force must be applied to this door to produce the torque exerted on the other door? a. one-half as much b. two times as much c. one-fourth as much d. four times as much
12. If you cannot exert enough force to loosen a bolt with a wrench, which of the following should you do? a. Use a wrench with a longer handle. b. Tie a rope to the end of the wrench and pull on the rope. c. Use a wrench with a shorter handle. d. You should exert a force on the wrench closer to the bolt.