Presentation on theme: "How To Make An Origami Frog By Max Walker. Origami (the art of folding paper) is an ancient Japanese tradition. You can make many things with origami,"— Presentation transcript:
How To Make An Origami Frog By Max Walker
Origami (the art of folding paper) is an ancient Japanese tradition. You can make many things with origami, like cranes and penguins and all sorts of animals and objects, and all you need for some is just paper and scissors. Some origami requires fancy origami paper and stuff like that, but not this design. And most origami is just for show. Not this design. Nope, this design is a frog that acts like it is really jumping. You may have had a frog that jumped made of plastic as a party favor. You wont need to go to a party to get a jumping frog, after you read this.
What youll need: Paper and Scissors.
1. Fold the top edge of the paper to the side edge.
2. Cut the non-double layered paper off.
3. Unfold the paper.
4. Fold the paper in half and unfold.
5. Fold the paper in half the other way.
6. Fold the four corners of your paper to the intersection of your creases.
7. Fold the top two edges of your diamond into the center.
8. Fold the rest of the diamond up over the top two edges.
9. Fold the bottom two corners of your triangle to the center.
FUN FACT There is another kind of origami frog that requires a collapse fold BUT you do not need a square piece of paper so it is better for younger kids that cannot use scissors yet.
10. Fold the bottom of the rocket-like shape up, then fold the top of the part you just folded up down to make a spring mechanism.
11. Now fold the point of your rocket-like shape down, and flip your finished frog over. Youre done!
How it works: Press your finger down on where the spring mechanism is on your frog. On the X
Slide your finger off the spring and it will jump!
What not to do: Dont put your frog in water. Be careful with the scissors. Dont use your frog during class. Dont make your frog out of napkins or tissue.