We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byHannah Wilmer
Modified over 2 years ago
How much do you know about the great battle? By Dr R. E. Foster
1. Where was Napoleon born? A. France C. CorsicaD. Italy B. Germany
C It only became French in 1768; Napoleon was born in 1769!
2. Where was Wellington born? A. England C. WalesD. Ireland B. Scotland
In his will, Wellington forbade his sons to visit Ireland! D
3. From which island did Napoleon escape early in 1815? A. Isle of Elba C. Isle of WightD. Isle of St Helena B. Isle of Capri
A His enemies wouldn’t repeat the mistake!
4. When was London’s Waterloo mainline rail station opened? A C. 1858D B. 1848
B The French didn’t like it when it became the first Eurostar terminus!
5. Who was the Prime Minister at the time of Waterloo? A. Lord Derby C. Lord RiponD. Lord Liverpool B. Lord Salisbury
D His predecessor, Spencer Perceval, was assassinated!
6. How much was Wellington’s prize money for winning Waterloo? A. £21,000 C. £61,000D. £100,000 B. £47,000
C The nation also bought him an estate for over £250,000!
7. In what year did Abba’s ‘Waterloo’ win the Eurovision song contest? A C. 1975D B. 1974
B It was held in Brighton. Their conductor dressed as Napoleon!
8. In what year did ‘Waterloo Road’ first get broadcast? A C. 2006D B. 2005
C Close enough!
9. What sort of tree stood at the centre of Wellington’s line at Waterloo? A. Oak C. BeechD. Elm B. Ash
D It was later cut down and made into souvenirs!
10. When was the current Waterloo Bridge in London officially opened? A C. 1915D B. 1865
A The original, of 1817, was demolished!
11. In what country is Waterloo? A. London C. FranceD. Belgium B. Holland
D Name five famous Belgians – excluding Tintin!
12. In what sport was the Waterloo Cup contested? A. Hare coursing C. Cock fightingD. Bull fighting B. Bear baiting
A Banned by Tony Blair!
13. Which group had a 1960s hit with Waterloo Sunset? A. The Clash C. The SpecialsD. The Kinks B. The Three Degrees
D Regarded by many critics as the perfect pop song.
14. What did Blucher recommend to aid his recovery after Ligny? A. Gin & rhubarb C. AspirinD. Whisky & beetroot B. Rum and coke
A Worth a try – he made it to Waterloo in the nick of time!
15. What did Fitzroy Somerset take from his amputated arm? A. Watch C. RingD. A Finger B. Bracelet
C He died in the Crimea.
16. What was the prize money for an ordinary British soldier at Waterloo? A. £10.56 C. £103.67D. £1,000 B. £2.52
B Less than Wellington!
17. Who, in 1816, wrote the Poet’s Pilgrimage to Waterloo? A. Wordsworth C. ByronD. Southey B. Shelley
D He was Poet Laureate and wrote a famous life of Nelson.
18. During the 1980s, Napoleon’s HQ, La Belle Alliance, became a… A. Discotheque C. SaunaD. Burger bar B. Pizza parlour
A Closed on 18 June 1815!
19. Which part of Wellington’s horse, Copenhagen, was removed by a servant ? A. Tail C. TeethD. Hoof B. Ear
D The horse was given a full military funeral
20. Which famous French novelist included Waterloo in Les Miserables? A. Victor Hugo C. Emile ZolaD. Jean Paul Sartre B. Honore de Balzac
A His father was one of Napoleon’s generals.
Napoleon Take Notes like your life depended on it. OMG, J/K, J/K.
BELL RINGER 1)Who was George Danton? 2)Who was Maximilien Robespierre? 3)What was the Reign of Terror? 4)How did Napoleon come to power?
Napoleon’s Empire Collapses Napoleon made 3 mistakes 1 st : the Continental System—In November of 1806, Napoleon called for a blockade of all ports.
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
Dolch Words the of and to a in that is was.
Napoleon and the Congress of Vienna Review Questions.
MARCHING AS TO WAR. JUBILATION ACROSS THE WORLD WAR WAS MET WITH ENTHUSIASM AND HAPPINESS ACROSS THE WORLD WAR WAS MET WITH ENTHUSIASM AND HAPPINESS CANADA.
WORLD WAR II WORLD WAR II BEGINS. Warm Up Rise of Dictators 1.Define collectivization: 2.What is the book called that Hitler wrote? 3.What is the “night.
Near To The Heart Of God Living in Chicago he received word that both his nieces had died of diphtheria within 24 hours of each other He was a.
Napoleon Bonaparte Ambition is never content even on the summit of greatness.
Hebrews 2 Responding to revelation Responding to revelation 2:1 We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not.
PRINCE OF PEACE OR GOD OF WAR? Napoleon Bonaparte.
History of Belvoir
Jeopardy Napoleonic Age Created by Maddie Gardner.
Copyright © Cengage Learning. All rights reserved. 2 The Mathematics of Finance.
Napoleon Rules France. Napoleon Bonaparte ( )
The History of Connecticut Written By Mr. Woods 4 th Grade Class.
THE AGE OF NATIONALISM The Second Republic and Napoleon III Name recognition certainly helped with his election over four other presidential.
Thursday, 01 September 2005 Chris SNUGGS, ISUGA 1 The Development of the European Union The European Union - an end to war in Europe?
Adolf Hitler Rise and Fall Birth Hitler was born on the 20 th of April 1889 in Braunnau, Austria. He was the fourth of six children. Four of whom died.
Getting to know your Eastside HOG Board: 20 Questions with Ken Lee 11) Who's the one person you would like to meet & why? Osama Bin Laden, so I could help.
By Erin Class 9. In this PowerPoint you will learn about the life of Winston Churchill, Propaganda, important dates in the war and rationing and you should.
Napoleonic empire By Krystal Mendoza and Kimberly Yadao.
ST PATRICK’S DAY How much do you know about it?. QUESTION 1 St. Patrick's Day is celebrated to commemorate which of the following events? St Patrick was.
By: Anthony Grade 3 Mrs. McGarry’s Class. Living With Booker T. Washington Wow, I didn’t know that about Booker T. Washington. This is how Booker T. Washington.
By Hajra. Contents P3. Work in world war P4.Evacuation P5.Teenagers and what happened P6.Prime ministers at the time P7. Aldof Hitlers life P8.Germany.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.