Presentation on theme: "So You Have The Listing Now What?. We are Going to Discuss Setting the Market Mindset with Sellers Creating Expectations Under promising and Over delivering."— Presentation transcript:
So You Have The Listing Now What?
We are Going to Discuss Setting the Market Mindset with Sellers Creating Expectations Under promising and Over delivering
When they say … Where Do I Sign? You say, As I mentioned at the beginning of my presentation, I dont work with 100% of all clients I sit with. We need to make sure I can help serve you.
Why…You Might Not Want the Listing How do we determine this? Price, Price, Price & Willingness to move on Price
Who Determines Price? The Market
Remember This: We wont know for seven to ten days whether the market is accepting our price. The price we list at today is not as important as how quickly we adjust it once the market has spoken.
Ask the seller this: How does the market calculate value? Beautiful floors Great Neighborhood New Roof Big rooms Fenced In yard Quiet street Tiled kitchen Granite counters Lots of space
Then Explain: The Truth About Value $ Your Neighbors house sold for Number of bank owned properties in the area Time of year Number of homes for sale in the area Interest rates Number of buyers shopping for a home right now
You Must Explain: Value Can change daily And typically in this market….the value is not going up.
The Market Has Our Back What do you think would happen if we priced it to low?
Lets Talk Groceries
My Job Is to make sure your home is at the check out isle…and that could mean that we have to re-adjust pricing weekly.
If we get NO showings first 10 days We are at the back of the store, on the bottom shelf.
If we get showings but no offers We are being seen…but shoppers dont feel were offering a bargain
Remember You dont set the price…. I dont set the price…. The market sets the price…
Each week You will get the Market Has Spoken Report that will show you whats going on with your home and others like it in the area.
Im Going to Do Everything In my power to make sure we are under agreement quickly…and with a good buyer…your job each week will be to let me know if you are ready to move closer to the check out counter
Listing Contract Addendum Sellers Responsibilities: Weekly review of pricing Review and act upon agent feedback Minimum 1% price reduction monthly Make property available for 100% of showings Keep property neat and clean for showings Be candid when I ask for feedback
Listing Contract Addendum My Responsibilities: Weekly review of pricing Review and act upon client feedback Prepare and Market Has Spoken Report Market property where buyers are looking Hold open houses at initial listing & after each price reduction Lean on other agents in my firm and in the market to get feedback on pricing and condition Make sure buyers are qualified Remain your trusted advisor
The Listing Is Signed! Now What?
1. Take Awesome Photos – Lots of Them Share the photos by placing them in the sellers Dropbox file the seller same day I can already tell its going to be a pleasure working with you…Ill be adding these photos today to the MLS and all the websites we syndicate to. Let me know if there are any that you dont like.
2. Send a Sit Back & Relax Card Sit back, relax, and take in a movie on me. You are in good hands and our goal is mutual…a smooth move for you and your family
3. Update Your Voic Youve reached Alan Smith, Im not available to take your call as Im currently meeting with another great client. Please leave a message and Ill call you back promptly! Dont forget to ask me about my amazing New Listing at 101 Dunshire – a gorgeous home with a lot to offer!
4. Connect With Your Clients & Share Your Listing With the World! Make it a point to connect socially with your sellers since youll be using these sites to bring exposure to the property
What if they arent connected? Take Jing Snapshots of your social network posting and them to the seller
Update all your sites! Make sure you get maximum exposure by posting to your own pages plus the city/town Facebook page, your company fan/business page and then send a Jing photo of the update with an exposure count to the seller.
5. Create a Facebook Event for Your Open House And Advertise it using pay-per click advertising! PROFESSIONALS
Make sure to let them know Wanted to give you an update of the event and ad I created to get the word out there about our open house!
6. Post to MLS, REMAX, Realtor.com Send the seller links so they can see what their listing looks like on Realtor.com and REMAX.com
7. Create a Listing Sheet it to them for approval…
8. Market Has Spoken Report Automatically ed every Monday
9. Key to a Successful Open House Canvas the Neighborhood & Invite to Your Open House
& Make Sure to Collect Unbiased Feedback
10. After 7-10 Days Its time to have a conversation about price
Steps to a Great Conversation Are you happy so far with the level of commitment Ive shown to your listing? 2.Do you still want to list your home at the Check Out line? 3.Are you ready to move it closer to the check out line? 4.We know the market is going to correct us even if we go too low, right? 5.How aggressive should we get? A 10% reduction is super aggressive…you decide.
Step 11: Upon 1 st Price Reduction 1.Voic Update 2.Flyers 3.Update REMAX.com & Realtor.com 4.Social Network updates, ads, events 5.Open House 6.Send them notice of what you are doing every step of the way & Lets get more aggressive in our marketing
12. Video Tour Use a service like HD Hat to make it awesome…it also syndicates everywhere!
Step 13: Another 7-10 Days 1.Another conversation about price…. Its Not YOU telling them the price is off. Always talk in terms of the market
Step 14: Upon 2 nd Price Reduction 1.Voic Update 2.Flyers 3.Update REMAX.com & Realtor.com 4.Social Network updates, ads, events 5.Open House 6.Send them notice of what you are doing every step of the way & Lets get more aggressive in our marketing
Step 15: Organize a SWAT Tour
Step 16: Upon 3rd Price Reduction 1.Voic Update 2.Flyers 3.Update REMAX.com & Realtor.com 4.Social Network updates, ads, events 5.Open House 6.Send them notice of what you are doing every step of the way & Lets get more aggressive in our marketing