Presentation on theme: "U NIT 1 Lifestyle. C ONTENTS S PEAKING Give some words to describe the pictures on P2 School bus keep fit healthy fresh air relaxing Bowling riding bicycle."— Presentation transcript:
S PEAKING Give some words to describe the pictures on P2 School bus keep fit healthy fresh air relaxing Bowling riding bicycle reading laughter Make sentences by using the above words and describe each picture. The two girls are sitting on the grass and reading. They like play bowling for leisure. School bus takes the children to the school everyday. Riding bicycle is a good sport.
S PEAKING Discuss the following issue in group: 1.What are healthy lifestyles for college students? 2. As a college student, what new lifestyles do you want to try? 3. How do you manage your budget after you arrive on college campus? 4. What debts do you have to handle on campus?
R EADING A Student loan A student loan is designed to help students pay for university tuition, books, and living expenses. The United States uses a federally guaranteed student loan program to help college students pay for their education. The program allows students to borrow money with interest and subsidized loans allow them to defer payment until they are no longer in school. And although these are loans, with interest, the student loans are generally offered as part of a total financial aid package that may also include grants, scholarships, and/or work study opportunities.
R EADING A Credit card A credit card is a small plastic card issued to users as a system of payment. It allows its holder to buy goods and services based on the holder's promise to pay for these goods and services. It was first used in the 1920s, in the United States, specifically to sell fuel to a growing number of automobile owners.
R EADING A Read the text then answer the following questions: (1) Where are the students’ common debts from on the campus? (2) Why the students have so much debt? List some reasons. (3) How can students avoid huge debt on campus?
1. Allocate vt. 分配, 分派, 把 … 拨给 Eg: (1) You must allocate the money carefully. 你们必须谨慎地分配钱。 (2) They allocated funds for the new school. 他们拨出专款修建这所新学校。 2. Be burdened with 负担， 负重 Eg: The poor man was burdened with a very large family. R EADING A
3. Be in contact with 与 …… 保持联系 Be out of contact with 与 …… 失去联系 Eg: The two friends are in contact with each other after graduation from college. 4.Exceed v. 超越；超出 Eg: (1) The demand for fish this month exceeds the supply. 本月的鱼市供不应求。 (2)The driver exceeds the speed limit. 那位司机超速驾车。 R EADING A
5. Eliminate v. 不加考虑，排除 Eg: You must eliminate an unknown quantity. 你必须消去一个未知数。 eliminate the false and retain the true 去伪存真 eliminate errors 消除错误 6. Access (to ） n. 使用机会；使用权 Eg: do you have access to a computer?. 你有机会用计算机吗？。 R EADING A
7. On the spur of 一时冲动之下；未加仔细考虑地 Eg: (1) When they telephoned me with the offer of a job abroad, I decided on the spur of the moment to accept. 他们打电话给我提供一份在国外的工作，我一时心 动就答应下来了。 (2)It was a spur-of-themoment decision. 这是个心血来潮的决定。 8. Take… into consideration 考虑到 Eg: Your teacher will take your current illness into consideration when marking your exams. R EADING A
9. incur v. 遭受，招致，惹来 Eg: He incurred a heavy loss through you. 他因为你而遭受重大损失。 incur danger 招致危险 incur debts 负债 incur a heavy loss 蒙受很大损失 R EADING A
G RAMMAR M ODAL A UXILIARIES 1. 否定疑问句中，情态动词通常用缩略形式。 我们之前没有看过这部电影么？ _______ we seen this film before? 他不来么？ _______ he come? Haven’t Won’t
2. would 用于表示过去经常性的行为或动作 当我是大学生的时候，我常常会一个人去旅游。 I would sometimes travel alone when I was a college student. Would 与 used to 都可用来表示过去经常性或习惯 性的动作，常常可以换用 G RAMMAR M ODAL A UXILIARIES
Would 与 used to 的区别 (1) School children used to know the story of dropping apple and Newton. (2) I used to live in Beijing ． (3) He would go to the park as soon as he was free ． Used to 可指过去的状态或情况， would 则不能 Used to 表示过去经常性或习惯性的动作或状态现在 已经结束， would 则表示有可能再发生 G RAMMAR M ODAL A UXILIARIES
3. 情态动词＋ have+ 过去分词 Example: It must have rained last night, for the ground is wet Mary can't have stolen your money. She has gone home. She might have achieved greater progress, if you had given her more chances. Look, Tom is crying. I shouldn't have been so harsh on him. G RAMMAR M ODAL A UXILIARIES
表示推测（肯定、可能） must have done can have done can’t have done may(not) have done might(not) have done G RAMMAR M ODAL A UXILIARIES 对过去事情的肯定推测，一定做过某事 对过去行为的推测，表示可能做过 …… 对过去行为的否定推测，表示不可能做过 …… 对发生过的事情的推测, 表示 “ 可能已经 ” 或 “ 也许已 经 ” ， might 可能性更小
表虚拟（批评、抱怨、责备） Could have done Would have done Should have done Ought to have done Should not have done Need have done Need not have done G RAMMAR M ODAL A UXILIARIES 本来能够做某事而没有做 本来会做 …… 本来应该做某事，而实际没做 表示 “ 理应做 ……” ，往往表示遗憾。与 “should+have+done” 用法基本一样。 表示本来不应该做某事，而实际做了。含有指责对方或自 责的含意。 本来需要做某事而没有做 本来不需要做某事而做了
A SSIGNMENT To register a new email in http://mail.163.com format of the address: ( you name in pinyin)@163.com e.g.: email@example.com If there is a same ID already existed, add some numbers after your name, like 12345 or other else e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Make sure that I know this e-mail address is yours.
(2) To write an email and send it to my mailbox a.subject should include the following information: 班级 _ 学号 _ 姓名 （ in Chinese) e.g.: 08 会计 1 班 _12 号 _ 刘柳 b. Add your e-mail address in c.c.. c. main content of your letter( you should write it in English) about 150 words. Your opinion on your major
P RESENTATION Lifestyle Pictures of Speaking Topic of Reading A Questions from Fieldwork Introduce what you read or saw Explain the reasons Your opinions.